Carnival Miracle Feb 6-14, 2012 Review with Pictures

mosaic_mom

We had to backtrack 5 hours to meet up with the Coast Guard and then with the time it took for the rescue we were running behind schedule. We were told we would arrive in Ft. Lauderdale at a later than expected time. The weather was quite windy on the way back and, with trying to make up a little time, the seas were a little rough. It really wasn’t too bad onboard, but you sure could see it outside.

CarnivalMiracleCruise1398.jpg

CarnivalMiracleCruise1412.jpg

Here is a summary of our thoughts:

Food:

Our meals in the MDR were very good. We enjoyed all the meals we got. My DD and I are adventurous and try new things. DH, not so much. So we ended up trying all the Didya selections and enjoying them. The spicy alligator fritters were delicious. The shark and langoustino firecracker roll was very good. The oysters and escargot were amazing. We didn’t try the frog legs. We tried the bacon mac ‘n cheese and it was very delicious. Our meals were all very good and there were many selections to choose from.

Ship:

The ship was beautiful and had been recently been through dry dock. The Serenity area was new and was really nice. We never tried to get a seat at the high traffic times, but at other times had no problem finding a place to sit. It was quite peaceful back there and we never saw any kids back there. The ship was decorated beautifully. Our DD is an artist so we were very fascinated with all the amazing artwork throughout the ship. Gatsby’s Garden was one of our favorite places. It was very quiet with amazing artwork and beautiful water views through porthole windows.

Activities:

We don’t get into a lot of the activities except trivia. But the Fun Times listed quite a lot of activities and it didn’t look like anyone was bored or lacking something to do.

Service:

The service was amazing. From the cabin stewards to the MDR waiters to the drink waiters to the workers in the Lido buffet and Guest Services. It was really nice to feel spoiled and important for the week.

Ports & Shore Excursions:

We chose this cruise partly for the beauty of the ship and for the ports. With St. Maarten, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts, we had 3 beautiful islands to visit and a lot of shore excursions to choose from. With me having a walking disability, we were still able to find excursions that we really enjoyed. With both of the excursions we did, the tour companies were very accommodating to me with my walker and quite helpful.

Stateroom:

We had an extended balcony and loved it. I’m not sure we are going to be able to go back to a regular balcony again. We loved the extra space. On one side of us was a couple from our CC roll call and they were great neighbors. They were so quiet. On the other side was a couple who the first day slammed the door over and over again almost all the time we were in the cabin. Fortunately, they must have figured it out after that because we rarely heard them after that.

Entertainment:

The Welcome Aboard Show, Generations, and Ticket to Ride shows were wonderful. I had been looking forward to the Ticket to Ride show. We had seen it before and it was as amazing the second time. The comedians Eddie Capone and Steve Caouette very good. Roman, not so much.

Problem Areas:

We had an issue with the muster drill and after a trip to Guest Services nobody was willing to help us. When we boarded the ship, right as we were hearing that awesome ding of the S&S card signing us onto the ship, I was told that I had to report to Guest Services because I had special needs. I did that and they just wanted to make sure they had my needs listed correctly. I thought that was a good thing. I did ask while I was there if muster for special needs was in a special location and they told me no. This suprised me because the last several times we cruised it was held separate from other able-bodied passengers. So at muster time, we reported to our assigned station and my DH and I were told to go sit in the dining room (near our muster station), but my DD was told she could not go with us. We had been told we would not be separated. We were told to sit there and someone would come assist us with the safety briefing. Nobody ever showed up. We sat there doing nothing. We could hear the instructions but could see nothing. Upon going to Guest Services to discuss the matter, they simply said they would note it for the crew member. We were not given instructions on how special needs muster is handled on this ship. It didn't ruin our cruise because we are experienced cruisers, but it was a concern for any new cruisers if they had to go through that. So with that and the nasty coffee, that was the extent of the things we were disappointed in.

Disembarkation:

We had a late disembarkation. The ship got into Ft. Lauderdale around 9:30 am. They made announcements and kept people informed of what was going on. They disembarked the people with early flights first in order of flight times. Being special needs, we were told that we do not disembark first but rather with our assigned group number, which was perfectly fine for me. We were supposed to be ahead of the group, but it didn’t work out that way, but it was still okay. Disembarkation seemed quite organized and was very smooth for us. No problems at all.

So, all in all, our cruise was fantastic. Too bad the Miracle is leaving the east coast or we would cruise on her again.

Great review so far! We are sailing April 2 on the Miracle! These pics are getting me very excited:D

I agree with you!! We leave the 12th of April , first cruise out of NY and I love all the love this ship gets!!! Seems to be quite the favorite among many CC around here!

I agree with you!! We leave the 12th of April , first cruise out of NY and I love all the love this ship gets!!! Seems to be quite the favorite among many CC around here!

Thank you. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for reviewing the St. Maarten Tour. Our family was thinking about that one. Anything were rum is included gets my vote.:p:D

There were plenty of free rum drinks on the boat ride. :D

The coffee is definitely an acquired taste...trick that I have learned is half coffee half hot water then add sugar and cream or whatever...it is closer to regular coffee this way...

Also depending on if you like chocoate, Adding a little hot chocolate can help as well with the coffee...Definatly not like Dunkin Donuts, but not too bad..Although Quite Spoiled by my Keurig...Comes out perfect!!

Great review Nancy! I always love reading about what others do while on the same cruise. Sounds like you guys had a great time too!! You got some great shots too..... I wish we had gotten that picture in St. Kitts with the ship, peering through the shopping area.

I'm glad we were not noisy neighbors! You guys were great neighbors too! I know every once in a while our door would get away from us and slam, but glad to hear it didn't bother you. Hopefully you weren't in your room! LOL.... But I did hear your neighbor, or someone down that way, where they kept going in and out and constantly letting the door slam, but after that one time we really didn't hear much door slamming, just every once in a while, here and there which is expected!!

It was great meeting you! Happy future cruising!!

Hi Nancy! Great review! We loved this cruise! The ports were beautiful, the ship is amazing! We have been on her twice already, and are looking at booking her again for the Panama Canal repositioning cruise.

We had alot of fun meeting you and it is always great to read a review thru someone elses eyes! Happy Sailing!

Great review Nancy! I always love reading about what others do while on the same cruise. Sounds like you guys had a great time too!! You got some great shots too..... I wish we had gotten that picture in St. Kitts with the ship, peering through the shopping area.

I'm glad we were not noisy neighbors! You guys were great neighbors too! I know every once in a while our door would get away from us and slam, but glad to hear it didn't bother you. Hopefully you weren't in your room! LOL.... But I did hear your neighbor, or someone down that way, where they kept going in and out and constantly letting the door slam, but after that one time we really didn't hear much door slamming, just every once in a while, here and there which is expected!!

It was great meeting you! Happy future cruising!!

You were definitely not noisy neighbors. We never heard you over there. We also had the occasional door slam when it got away from us, but I was glad when those people next to us got over it the first day. I was looking at your review, which I really enjoyed, and looking at your pictures and there was one sunset that we both must have been on our balconies at the same time because we got almost the same picture. LOL.

It was great meeting you guys. Glad you enjoyed your cruise too.

Hi Nancy! Great review! We loved this cruise! The ports were beautiful, the ship is amazing! We have been on her twice already, and are looking at booking her again for the Panama Canal repositioning cruise.

We had alot of fun meeting you and it is always great to read a review thru someone elses eyes! Happy Sailing!

I'm so jealous. I would love to do that cruise through the canal on the Miracle. Hope you enjoy it. It was great meeting you. You have a wonderful family.

One thing I was determined to get this time was the little Carnival shot glasses. I was able to get one after dinner and, at Host Mach’s suggestion, I tried my first B52 drink. Awesome ! Had a few more throughout the cruise. Ended up with green, yellow, and blue glasses.

CarnivalMiracleCruise212.jpg

We went to the show “Generations” and it was very good. We just love the production shows in the Phantom Theater. We also went to see the comedian who was very funny.

Love the shot glasses.....you mentioned you were determined to get the shot glasses this time....does that mean you shouldnt take the glasses or they really didnt care that you took it.... just curious because I would LOVE to come home with them so I can have a reminder of what a great cruise we were on!! BTW we are on the Liberty....does it matter which ship you are on?

Great pics so far!!! love reviews like this!!:D

Love the shot glasses.....you mentioned you were determined to get the shot glasses this time....does that mean you shouldnt take the glasses or they really didnt care that you took it.... just curious because I would LOVE to come home with them so I can have a reminder of what a great cruise we were on!! BTW we are on the Liberty....does it matter which ship you are on?

Great pics so far!!! love reviews like this!!:D

Thank you for your kind words. I meant that I saw the shot glasses on a CC review before our last cruise and totally forgot about them when we cruised, so I wanted to be sure I got one this cruise. When you pay for the drink, you get to keep the little shot glass. I think they are on all the ships. You can ask for them at any bar I think and you can ask the drink waiter in the MDR. On the Miracle, I think they had yellow, green, blue, and clear. I got all but the clear one. I was hoping they had a red one, but they didn't. Not sure if they don't come in that color or they were out.

I just had my Miracle Review posted this week and I mentioned the coffee as well. I sooooo agree with you. Nothing you could add to it made it drinkable. We really enjoyed their version of Starbucks FountainHead Cafe I think it was called.

We were getting on the ship as you were getting off. I believe your cruise had the medical emergency which caused a delay when you returned a few hours later than planned.

We did get an email the day before stating the issue.

I just had my Miracle Review posted this week and I mentioned the coffee as well. I sooooo agree with you. Nothing you could add to it made it drinkable. We really enjoyed their version of Starbucks FountainHead Cafe I think it was called.

We were getting on the ship as you were getting off. I believe your cruise had the medical emergency which caused a delay when you returned a few hours later than planned.

We did get an email the day before stating the issue.

The Fountainhead Cafe did have very good coffee. We had a couple of those onboard. We did have the medical emergency on our cruise. We got a letter in our cabin about the delay in getting back to Ft. Lauderdale but they also had this huge version of the letter in the atrium area on an easel. To be honest, I only heard one person complain about it and their complaint was just related to booking an early flight and possibly missing it.

The Fountainhead Cafe did have very good coffee. We had a couple of those onboard. We did have the medical emergency on our cruise. We got a letter in our cabin about the delay in getting back to Ft. Lauderdale but they also had this huge version of the letter in the atrium area on an easel. To be honest, I only heard one person complain about it and their complaint was just related to booking an early flight and possibly missing it.

We were happy to know that Carnival would go to those lengths to try and save someone.

We absolutely LOVED our first Carnival cruise...more to follow.

Archived