Trivia Question

Bridge Maven

My current avitar is a photo I took during a cruise. What port was it taken in?

That's a big, BIG, BIG fish. And so close!! Appreciate sharing and seeing.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 66,665 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

robtulipe, what is your avatar? I can't make out exactly what is happening in the shot from the small picture.

Carole

Vol fan - That is my avitar and I also included a link with larger sized photo of it. It is a humpback whale and was able to time that shot before he went back into the water. It was taken at Icy Strait Point during an Alaskan cruise this past summer.

Vol fan - That is my avitar and I also included a link with larger sized photo of it. It is a humpback whale and was able to time that shot before he went back into the water. It was taken at Icy Strait Point during an Alaskan cruise this past summer.

I know you were asking the question about your avatar. I was just wondering what robtulipe's avatar was as I could not tell from the small picture.

Yours is beautiful and I don't see how you took such a wonderful picture. Great job!!!:):):)

robtulipe, what is your avatar? I can't make out exactly what is happening in the shot from the small picture.

Carole

It's me about 50 feet underwater on the bridge of a shipwreck, the Teigland, while SCUBA diving off the south coast of St. Martin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223635&d=1330376941

scubabob.jpg.0f4717c479441afc323b420358fe4504.jpg

It's me about 50 feet underwater on the bridge of a shipwreck, the Teigland, while SCUBA diving off the south coast of St. Martin.

attachment.php?attachmentid=223635&d=1330376941

HI ROBTULIPE,

Great Photo!!

I figured out awhile ago you were into scuba based on your Avatar.

And I have posted this Question before, but perhaps you missed it, or I the reply.

Wanting to know what kind of camera / film you are using for your underwater photography.

Mr Sloop and I did some snorkelling in St Thomas and we packed along a disposible underwater camera, it took a few ok shots, but was very disappointing in others.

Definitely have the snorkel bug now... and thinking of exploring Scuba as a new hobby ... as you know Ontario is home to some of the best scuba sites in North America... so could see this as something I might want to discover further during our Summers... nicely complimented with trips to the Caribbean in the Wintertime. :)

So any insight / tips in ways that we might find to "preserve" these great underwater sights / adventures better would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

HI ROBTULIPE,

Wanting to know what kind of camera / film you are using for your underwater photography.

That picture was taken about 12 years ago with an Epoque ET-100 SE film camera that has a built in close to the lens flash which causes flash back from floating particles in the water. This is why there are those arrow shaped patterns on that shot. Typically I used Fuji 400 or 800 speed film in that camera as, IMO, this film provided more vibrant colours especially the blue and green range which predominants underwater. I have upgraded to digital cameras for on land use but not for underwater.

The picture's name, Terrace House built around 100 AD - Ephesus.jpg, provides the answer.

Robtulipe - Thanks for pointing that out. When I post photos on Facebook, the title of my photo does not show. So for future trivia questions I will re-title my photos before posting them on this thread :)

Bridge Maven,

Great avatar.

This is a technical question. How do you change your avatar? I have the same pciture for CC and tripadvisor and same moniker.

I have a Mac and would love to have one of my photos as my avatar.

I took mine on a very dangerous African Safari. :rolleyes:

I was cornered by a wild Caviler King Charles Hyena. :rolleyes:

Bridge Mavin, by the looks of it you took a private Whale Watch Tour at ISP, who did you go with and would you recommend them?

I took mine on a very dangerous African Safari. :rolleyes:

I was cornered by a wild Caviler King Charles Hyena. :rolleyes:

Bridge Mavin, by the looks of it you took a private Whale Watch Tour at ISP, who did you go with and would you recommend them?

A Sixth, we booked the whale watch tour in Icy Strait Point through the cruise line and thought it was excellent.

Oh!

How many people and how big was the boat if you don't mind me asking?

A Sixth, it was a two level boat with approximately 100 people, but it was designed so there was a good view from most of it. In addition, we all took turns standing on its bow which had a wonderful view. The tour guide was also very knowledgeable and really enhanced the experience!

Archived