Java Cafe

Ewoodspark

Can anybody confirm if normal coffees are complimentary from the Java Cafe along with cakes and pastries. It is my understanding that speciality coffees like cappichinos are charged to your account.

It's my experience that if you get it from the Java Cafe there is a charge for it as far as coffee goes. Not sure about the pastries.

Thanks for that information. I am glad that I checked as my information regarding the Java Cafe was obviously incorrect. Where then on board can you get a complimentary standard coffee or tea during the day ?

The buffet has tea and coffee all day long.

Thanks for that information. I am glad that I checked as my information regarding the Java Cafe was obviously incorrect. Where then on board can you get a complimentary standard coffee or tea during the day ?

As ferguson said it's available at the buffet and it's also available at meal times. I go to the gift shop on the first day an buy and insulated mug that I use for coffee throughout the day. It's easier to walk around with.

Can anybody confirm if normal coffees are complimentary from the Java Cafe along with cakes and pastries. It is my understanding that speciality coffees like cappichinos are charged to your account.

The last two cruises I've been on--Epic and Dawn--in the past month have always had an urn of regular and decaf for free located in the Java Cafe area. Just look for it. And, yes, the pastries are free.

The last two cruises I've been on--Epic and Dawn--in the past month have always had an urn of regular and decaf for free located in the Java Cafe area. Just look for it. And, yes, the pastries are free.

I should correct myself. If they pour it for you at Java Cafe, you get charged. There are self-serve urns that are free adjacent to the Java Cafe.

The coffee they sell at the Cafe is delicious, and pretty cheap. They brew it fresh for you.

I bought a cup from the coffee bar on the Dream (first cruise, didn't know better:o). I didn't discern a major difference between it and what I had on the buffet (not a $2.50 or whatever the charge was difference anyway).

We just got off the Star. There are a couple of coffee urns to the side that are self serve and free. We tried to get a muffin one morning, and we were told we had to buy a coffee with it. We did not want it then, so the person told us we could just have it. We did not go there again to get a muffin or bread.

Oh my gosh ... this is amazing ... we have been on over 14 cruises with NCL and had NO IDEA that the pastries were free. We have purchased coffee there, but never wanted to pay for the pastry.

I love Cruisecritic, you learn something new everyday!!!

Just off the Jewel & they indeed had 2 urns of coffee to the side, which were free.

The cakes/pastries we were told were free if you bought a paid beverage though.

I did buy a mocha from there & it was very good! As was the pistachio iced cake I had with it!

It is interesting that there is a difference between ships with getting coffee and pastries for free. I looked at the FAQ page on the NCL website and under what is included it states, "Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)". They should be free without buying a specialty coffee.

It is interesting that there is a difference between ships with getting coffee and pastries for free. I looked at the FAQ page on the NCL website and under what is included it states, "Coffee Bar (regular coffee and pastries included, specialty coffees at nominal extra charge)". They should be free without buying a specialty coffee.

And I'm sure if you mention that you would be able to get a pastry without getting a specialty coffee.

Archived