Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon

sunscreen

Was thinking of changing our reservation from new Comfort Suites to Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon due to more restaurants and shops nearby. Noticed they had a airport shuttle. Do you have to call to get the shuttle to come pick you up at a bank of phones like other airports shuttles? As well, what is the approx cost of taxi to POM for family of 4 from hotel? Thanks for any advice.

Beside the Hampton Inn check out the Homewood Suites just around the corner - bigger room, great breakfast, and a free "Manager's reception" Mon-Thur! :D

You do have to call for the shuttle. Taxi for 4 to POM will cost about $30 including tip; ask the front desk to call for a cab when you are ready - SUV and Mini-van cabs are the same price as the standard sedans if any of your family packs like my spouse and daughters do. :o

Good luck! :)

The Hampton Inn is directly across the street from the stores and dining options. The Homewood Suites is a block N and 2 blocks E of the Hampton Inn within the Blue Lagoon business park. The taxis are metered from the hotels; so on embarkation morning we asked to be free shuttled back to the airport. From there it was downstairs to the taxi stand where the fare is fixed to the port at $24.

The taxis are metered from the hotels; so on embarkation morning we asked to be free shuttled back to the airport. From there it was downstairs to the taxi stand where the fare is fixed to the port at $24.

So you shuttled back to MIA to save $3-4 on cab fare? :confused:

We have stayed at both Hampton Blue Lagoon and Homewood Suites. Homewood suites had a shuttle to the POM for $10 pp a couple of years ago. You can walk from both for food and last minute items. Homewood suites offered me a shuttle to the nearby drug store. Would stay at either again for the right price especially for just one night pre cruise.

• 1 year later...
Beside the Hampton Inn check out the Homewood Suites just around the corner - bigger room, great breakfast, and a free "Manager's reception" Mon-Thur! :D

This is an older thread and I hope you get to read this, John in DC....

Based on your experiences, would you pick Homewood Suites over this Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon?

There are 4 pre-cruise dates I'm shopping around for and a suite with private bedroom and 2 double beds is a most.

Tripadvisor has better rating for Hampton, but I've stayed their last April and it was just o.k.

Do you have any other suggestion for a suite hotel that won't break the bank?

Homewood is where we stay - I have not stayed at that particular Hampton Inn but if it is the standard rooms the Homewood will be much nicer. Homewood is a little farther from the strip mall (5-10 min walk vs. across the street). I would choose the Homewood if the prices were close.

Good luck! :)

Archived