Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

Prejudices against inter-racial marriage are linked to intelligence not class.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46150734/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/low-iq-conservative-beliefs-linked-prejudice/

Ok, everyone get ready to duck because it's going to be hitting the fan here by morning! LOL. Interesting article. I thought about sharing to my FB wall but decided I don't have the noive. ;)

OP, why on earth would you worry about what your friends say? YOU know you better than anyone knows you. Here's the deal. DH and I make plenty enough money that we could book X, Regent, Crystal, et al. But we don't. We are not stuff shirts and loathe being around people who are. We don't book X, HAL or Princess, or any other higher end line, because we like to have a good time. We don't want the carpets rolled up at 9PM and we don't want to be around a lot of pretentious people who have their nose so far in the air that we can see grey matter.

Were you on the same Celebrity cruise I was on.:D

Were you on the same Celebrity cruise I was on.:D

me too...This literally happened.

(X cruise passenger, who happened to be dh of CC member):"What kind of car do you drive?"

(DH tells him what he was driving at the time)

X passenger: "OH, I am sorry to hear that."

:eek:

The guy was a butthead of major magnitude....LOL

me too...This literally happened.

(X cruise passenger, who happened to be dh of CC member):"What kind of car do you drive?"

(DH tells him what he was driving at the time)

X passenger: "OH, I am sorry to hear that."

:eek:

The guy was a butthead of major magnitude....LOL

When someone asks me that I say "one with wheels";).

The evidence speaks for itself.....#carryon

I suggest that you do a little more research but since you feel that you're right I doubt anyone can change your mind. :rolleyes: I love experts who have only cruised on one cruise line 99% of the time and think they know it all. Is that because you're upper class?;)

If I thought only low class people cruised Carnival, I wouldn't go. I have been on 2 Carnival cruises and had a blast and will be going on another in July. I do feel that the low-class go to Walmart which is why I don't like that store. As for as cruise lines, I have only cruised Carnival. But I can say this, I have stayed at the Bellagio as well as Treasure Island in Las Vegas. While the Bellagio is much more elegant, I had more fun at Treasure Island. Hope this helps :)

So you don't shop at Wal-Mart because low class people shop there? I think that you just offended half the people on this thread.

So you don't shop at Wal-Mart because low class people shop there? I think that you just offended half the people on this thread.

Well I ask you this then. Start a poll who shops at Wal*Mart before we start throwing out numbers that are not true.

Why be ashamed if you are possibly consider low income? Atleast your not collecting a free hand out from Uncle Sam. Just becuae someone might be low income doesn't mean they are poor class.

Hey Walk, can I ask your age?

Well since Carnival’s rates for travel are the lowest in the industry ( not all the time but certainly consistent) , it would attract a good percentage of people with low income. It also attracts people with a very good income too!

I haven’t read this whole thread save the last page or two. I would say that there are offices’ in every walk of life, incomes and such.

If someone like to sail say seabourne cause they like the people that they attract , or if they like to sail carnival for the same reason why does that matter?

People like to hang or associate whit others that make them happy and or comfortable and it doesn’t make one group bad or the other group good..

Thank god we have choices

If this was true, why is Walmart nationwide with stores in very high end areas such as beverly hills, 5th ave manhatten, south beach, magical mile, the forum shops, etc etc... I hardly think thats low class. Walmart has a great value just like Carnival has.

If this was true, why is Walmart nationwide with stores in very high end areas such as beverly hills, 5th ave manhatten, south beach, magical mile, the forum shops, etc etc... I hardly think thats low class. Walmart has a great value just like Carnival has.

I have nothing against walmart.. but ther is no walmart store in nyc nor on 5th ave. I also do not think there is one in Beverly hills

I believe that many people I would consider "rich" are those people who are frugel with their money and have saved throughout their lives. They don't "waste" money on expensive cruises and rather see value in Carnival so their money goes further. They aren't flashy people like some of the "new rich" who like to spend spend spend with no concerns for money. Just MHO.

By the way, we shop at Wal0Mart and I have seen the richest people in the town I live in shopping at Wal-Mart, too.

Middle class here. Husband drives a Toyota minivan and I drive a Jeep.

We shop wherever we can get the best deal,Walmart,Maijer,Target.....

We cruise with Carnival becasue it is the best deal.

Why would I want to waste money????

Its not a full blown Walmart store, I believe it's called Walmart Neighbor Hood Market store, groceries only.

This is incorrect. I don't have anything against Wal-Mart either, but there is no store in NYC, Beverly Hills, on the Magical Mile (there is a neighborhood market store about a half mile away), in the Forum Shops (assuming you mean at Caesar's in Las Vegas), or in South Beach (or anywhere else in Miami Beach for that matter).

This is incorrect. I don't have anything against Wal-Mart either, but there is no store in NYC, Beverly Hills, on the Magical Mile (there is a neighborhood market store about a half mile away), in the Forum Shops (assuming you mean at Caesar's in Las Vegas), or in South Beach (or anywhere else in Miami Beach for that matter).

Hmmm, I'm near positive that when we traveled to BH last summer to see her parents we passed a WNM store.

I have cruised Celebrity, RCI, NCL and Carnival. They all had their high points. I never felt snobbiness on any of the cruises. I actually prefered Celebrity and RCI, but they cost more too.

As far as "classes of people" on board, I really don't understand what and why people speak of that. I won't sail on Cunard because of their "class" system on their ships. All us working stiffs deserve a vacation now and then. My husband and I are merely middle class income wise, and our tastes are very simple. We want to cruise, but price has to play a part in that and Carnival has a good value for the dollar.

We can't afford Crystal, Seabourne and those types of high end cruiselines, but I don't need that type of cruise. They look very nice, but I want to be able to travel more often rather than less on something fancier. It all depends on what's important to you. I've met very few people on a cruise that I would consider to be mean or unfriendly. This would include all income levels.

Did you keep the cruise? Hope so. The Magic is gorgeous and brand new. It will be far from a booze crowd - not like that at all. If you like to wear jeans at dinner and you don't want people that are snobby and judging you than I think you will love Carnival. Give them try. We like to try all lines but don't really care what people think either. Carnival is always a good choice especially with a brand new ship. We sailed the Magic in Nov and had a great time! :D

Did you keep the cruise? Hope so. The Magic is gorgeous and brand new. It will be far from a booze crowd - not like that at all. If you like to wear jeans at dinner and you don't want people that are snobby and judging you than I think you will love Carnival. Give them try. We like to try all lines but don't really care what people think either. Carnival is always a good choice especially with a brand new ship. We sailed the Magic in Nov and had a great time! :D

Yes, we are going to keep our Carnival cruise. I'm happy about our decision even if we might have over spent. You live one time and why not have fun? :D

Archived