Is Carnival really a low income cruise line?

Yes, we are going to keep our Carnival cruise. I'm happy about our decision even if we might have over spent. You live one time and why not have fun? :D

Magic should be fantastic! Why not consider downgrading to a nice mid ship or aft balcony, it will still be a great cabin and you will probably save A LOT!! Worth a call to Carnival to see where you stand, IF that's something you think you might like to do. Good luck to you and enjoy your first cruise of many:D

I have cruised Celebrity, RCI, NCL and Carnival. They all had their high points. I never felt snobbiness on any of the cruises. I actually prefered Celebrity and RCI, but they cost more too.

As far as "classes of people" on board, I really don't understand what and why people speak of that. I won't sail on Cunard because of their "class" system on their ships. All us working stiffs deserve a vacation now and then. My husband and I are merely middle class income wise, and our tastes are very simple. We want to cruise, but price has to play a part in that and Carnival has a good value for the dollar.

We can't afford Crystal, Seabourne and those types of high end cruiselines, but I don't need that type of cruise. They look very nice, but I want to be able to travel more often rather than less on something fancier. It all depends on what's important to you. I've met very few people on a cruise that I would consider to be mean or unfriendly. This would include all income levels.

Class system on Cunard? Please elaborate.....

Okay, didn't read all the post, but since I'm just going to answer the OP, I don't guess it matters.

I've done RCI (17 yo), Celebrity (21 yo), and Carnival (starting at 23, now 28 yo)

I have NEVER hated a cruise. I like a cruise as a "vacation" just like some people prefer the beach of all inclusive. This is your first cruise.......try and decide first off if you like what a "cruise vacation" offers first and foremost. Then think about what Carnival offered you, then think about what you liked and what you would have liked more. If you wanted a big rock climbing wall, cupcake store, and a zip line added in, then maybe RCI is for you. But if you want a more "classic" titanic feel, go for Celebrity or its counter parts. If you end up having kids (or have some) maybe Disney.

I think people blame the company sometimes when they just don't like the product (a cruise).

When I cruised RCI, I was on an older ship and I was 17.......and my friends were 18. The teen club wasn't happening and we didn't have anything in common with the nigh clubs and didn't want to gamble (if I could). Wasn't much else to do for us. But did I still have a great cruise? YEP! Do I ever want to do RCI again, HECK YEA! I want a cupcake!

Was celebrity kinda out of my age range at 21 with older people and not to many activities for younger pps, Yep. Did I still like my cruise? Yep. I found a few ppl my age and we would hit the night club together. I did appreciate the more personal service I got b/c it was a smaller ship and it just seemed to be the way they did things.

At 23-28, does Carnival fit my age range, needs, and budget..........def. Is every cruise perfect? No (didn't love the CD on my last cruise, he kinda messed up activities). Did I still like my cruise? Yep. Did I book for this November on a ship I've already been on, Yep. Am I looking forward to it counting down everyday and dreaming of WCMC........yep.

Try to clear your head and just say, "This is vacation, who cares!"

I suggest that you do a little more research but since you feel that you're right I doubt anyone can change your mind. :rolleyes: I love experts who have only cruised on one cruise line 99% of the time and think they know it all. Is that because you're upper class?;)

No, actually I am that low class person that everyone doesn't want to affiliate themselves with which is why most are posting to this thread to prove how low class they are not. I'm the one who someone was talking about that does not work, am fully healthy and lives off of your tax money to take vacations. Now that we have that established.... Just because you see the cruises in which I have listed here on Criuse Critic, does not necessarily mean they are the only cruises I have cruised on. And you are right, you can tell me nothing.... Do your research again ;-)

# yourtaxdollarsatwork

No, actually I am that low class person that everyone doesn't want to affiliate themselves with which is why most are posting to this thread to prove how low class they are not. I'm the one who someone was talking about that does not work, am fully healthy and lives off of your tax money to take vacations. Now that we have that established.... Just because you see the cruises in which I have listed here on Criuse Critic, does not necessarily mean they are the only cruises I have cruised on. And you are right, you can tell me nothing.... Do your research again ;-)

# yourtaxdollarsatwork

So you are only listing some of your cruises. I see. LOL............. And I don't need to do research. See I knew that Cunard has a class system based on the type accommodations that one books. ;) Seems to me that you're the one that needs to be doing the research. :D

Why be ashamed if you are possibly consider low income? Atleast your not collecting a free hand out from Uncle Sam. Just becuae someone might be low income doesn't mean they are poor class.

BRAVO!!!!

So in my life ...probably in everyones life we all have different levels of "income"

I have lived on Ramen noodles and Gallo wine...

I have lived on t-bone steaks and Kettle One Martini

I am still the same person...I respect others who respect me

I cruise on Carnival...for the simple reason of that it is an affordable vacation that I happen to enjoy.

Money doesn`t make you happy...it just makes life easier

# yourtaxdollarsatwork

So you have listed your cruises as far back as 1999, even listed ONE with RCCL, but that's not the complete list.... Ok:confused:

For someone who has been a member here for so long and has so few posts (not an insult AT ALL, just an indication to me that you are by no means a pot stirrer) why on earth are you being so disagreeable?? Btw, you are not correct regarding the itinerary issue, your point/theory simply isn't true.

SO glad you kept the cruise! You will have a great time!!!! I haven't read enough posts to see what cabin you booked for $5,000 but I bet it is a very nice cabin and I bet this will be a cruise of a lifetime. You only live once like you said and the point is to enjoy it. I will warn you though that after this one you will be totally addicted and have to book again! :D:eek:

So you have listed your cruises as far back as 1999, even listed ONE with RCCL, but that's not the complete list.... Ok:confused:

For someone who has been a member here for so long and has so few posts (not an insult AT ALL, just an indication to me that you are by no means a pot stirrer) why on earth are you being so disagreeable?? Btw, you are not correct regarding the itinerary issue, your point/theory simply isn't true.

I could go on for days listing cruises I have been on. But have listed the more recent ones and not including two, three or four day cruises. Just takes up too much time. But from my research and finding cruises best fit for me, I have found that RCL seems to have more days at sea than I would like in comparison to Carnival that's all. Furthermore, if you are not on an Oasis class which I will be in June of next year with my hubby and 4 children, RCL is no better than the rest in my opinion. But again that's my opinion, however they do charge way more and for what? A rock climbing wall and an ice skating rink something most of us do not do on the norm anyway? Really?

Are we still on the same topic or are we now on whose right and wrong about everything?

I see a few posts in here about the topic at hand but most seem to have gone WAY off track...

Isnt that the way for many topics on here. It never ceases to fascinate me on the tangent a topic on here goes off on. Find it rather entertaining myself. :)

So you are only listing some of your cruises. I see. LOL............. And I don't need to do research. See I knew that Cunard has a class system based on the type accommodations that one books. ;) Seems to me that you're the one that needs to be doing the research. :D

Wow, and you prove you know something!! Let's have a round of applause for Jumbiecruiser!! Woo whoo!!!

Well I ask you this then. Start a poll who shops at Wal*Mart before we start throwing out numbers that are not true.

I shop at Wal-Mart and I cruise Carnival! I also shop at Channel, Prada, etc. because I can afford to. Shopping at a store that has great prices compared to other stores does not make people low class just like shopping at high end stores doesn't necessarily mean some one is high class. I don't think of people in that way any way.

Low income does not equal low class. It is so stupid to insinuate otherwise!

Such a TROLL!:mad:

I shop at Wal-Mart and I cruise Carnival! I also shop at Channel, Prada, etc. because I can afford to. Shopping at a store that has great prices compared to other stores does not make people low class just like shopping at high end stores doesn't necessarily mean some one is high class. I don't think of people in that way any way.

Low income does not equal low class. It is so stupid to insinuate otherwise!

Such a TROLL!:mad:

Amen!!!

JPTexan82, I'm sorry I called you a troll that is totally out-of-line. You have the right to say what you want even if some of the things you say on these boards offends me. Again, I'm sorry for the name-calling and hope you will accept my apology as it is a sincere one.

BAck to answer the origianl topic..in my case yes,,sort of,,it is a lower income line.

I am 60,,reitred form what is now AT&T at 50. I was upper middle income then and pretty much worte my onw ticket to where I wanted to go Started cruising after I reitred but thatnks to the market,,which is where all my money had to go because of my age,,my retirement 401K lost half it's value withing 3 years of leaving, along with my DW's who also reitred. So now I am probalby lower middle classs. So we have to be careful how we spend our money now,,and we can't go on a whim, we have to save, study for deals then go.

That said, my cruise in a few weeks is a Mexican Riviera cruise. I wanted to take this trip on HAL someday soonwhen they had a sale,,but I would have had to leave from San Diego (and there is a sale now). But CCL came up with a ginourmous sale including resident rates so I booked with CCL for about to 200 per person less. But as an interesting FYI,,the price from HAL is still the same as it was 5 months ago,,but the CCL cruise I am going to be on costs more now for my catagory of cabin on CCL (OV,,,,told you I have to pinch where I can) then HAL does at about 50 bucks per person.

I will say, I have read a few messages on the HAL board and I think I am not in that league anymore. Not because I couldn't afford it if I wanted but a ship where you pay for cabana tents on the Lido and pay for amenities. So the more money you spend on garbage, the more you seem to be of the upper crust. Sounds like it is turning into a class war on those ships too. Plus if I what I am reading is correct , the ages on those ships seem to be getting even older. I know I am 60,,but I am 60 going on 40,,,not 60 going on 80.

my husband and I are lawyers (or he was til he retired) and we loved our Carnival cruise last year. Could have paid more but doubt we woudl have had more fun. Very low key & family friendly. WE loved the comedy club and the activities for everyone. Plenty to do without spending more money. The cabins were plenty big for 3, or even 4 to a room if some are small kids. Didn't see any significant difference vs when we went on Royal Caribbean about 8 yrs ago.

My parents have cruised on more expensive lines, usually Celebrity (they have one booked for May) but have done 5-6 Carnival cruises. They love the value and say the food in MDR is as good as any line they have been on.

The diversity of people was great on the cruise we went on. A few who I thought underdressed in the MDR (hats off at the table please!), but no one I thought had really bad manners or interfered with our fun. Lots of mixed race couples and families of all races.

16 of us are headed out in 11 days for a graduation celebration cruise.

Can't wait!

Go and have fun!

Archived