Sale...what sale?

SALAD MUNCHER

I have been following the prices on QV cruises between May and June with a view to booking a trip in the near future. Suddenly yesterday the 'Ultimate Upgrade Sale' was announced by Cunard - wow I thought, this must be good news for me. After checking the prices once again I notice most prices have actually been increased rather than reduced! Are Cunard trying reverse psychology on potential customers? Once again I have to wait for closer the time in the hope prices do actually come down......

Prices on the Cunard web site seem to be all over the place. For example, the one we are going on in June: I booked it in November. Last week, the same grade of cabin was about £600 each cheaper. Then, a couple of days later it said it was sold out. Now, it's not sold out and it's gone up around £50 each.

Who knows ?

The best reductions I've seen was the 4 day balcony spectacular a couple of weeks ago (10th-13th February). I received an email and a mail shot about this and also saw it on their website. I booked a couple of cruises then at really good prices.

I've been tracking a Carribean voyage for later this year. The e-mail came through this morning so I looked it up on the Cunard site. There is fairly substantial drop in the price of the category I'm looking for, now about 15-20% cheaper than my TA is quoting (although I guess their price will be adjusted before the day is out and they will be even cheaper).

It is almost in the territory to make it worth me booking now, although I think I will wait until closer to the date and take advantage of the final drops like I did last year.

A European voyage we did last year is already significantly cheaper than what I paid.

On 9 February we booked a cruise in May 2012 and I've just noticed the same thing - price has gone up. Every category of cabin, bar Q5 and Q6, is still available, so it's not exactly booking well.

There must be some logic somewhere, but I'm blowed if I can see what it is:confused:.

Mary

Same here Sarah, was looking at QV for May too but prices haven't come down far enough for me and as you say seem to have gone up in the 'sale'!!

We've decided to give Oceania a try instead ;)

Hope they're as good as everyone says they are.

Archived