Wheelchair?

JdoggCruiser

Here's what Carnival says on that topic...

If you are requesting wheelchair assistance with embarkation and debarkation, Carnival Cruise Lines has a limited supply of wheelchairs onboard each of our ships. In order to accommodate all our guests, we reserve them for embarkation and debarkation in the pier facility only. Furthermore, the wheelchairs onboard are used for emergencies and time-to-time usage, therefore, Carnival Cruise Lines is unable to confirm the availability of a wheelchair for the entire duration of the cruise.

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-545759

So, it would probably be best to bring your own...

:)

Does anyone know if Carnival Liberty have wheelchairs that we can use for our grandfather? or do we need to pack one. He only needs it on long walks around the ship.

I believe you can rent one from the ship but they are limited so you need to call the special needs department before you cruise.

Another thought would be to purchase a folding walker with a seat on it. My husband has limited mobility and this is what he uses. It is great for excursions because he can stop and rest whenever needed. The seat also makes a great platform to carry your food tray in the buffet or burger lines.

Just a note on the Carnival wheelchairs. My mother forgot her regular one when we cruised this past October. We were able to rent one from Carnival but it was so heavy! Pushing her was like pushing 5 people around! Theirs are made to be able to hold really heavy people. If this matters to you at all, make sure to bring your own. Much less stress and a lot less work.

My mother needs a wheelchair for long distances as well.

We rented one from our local pharmacy. It was around $25 for two weeks. And it was very lightweight.

Something to look into if you want to guarantee your grandfather will have a wheelchair.

Carnival say's that they don't have chairs to rent. I get a new answer everytime I ask. You can also call Care Vactions. They will make sure it is in your room when you get there and when you leave you leave it in your room. I don't have the number handy (I'm at work don't tell!!:eek:) I have MS and this is very nice and if your bring one from home you don't have to worry about it making it thru the airport. HAve a great day bye

SSHHHHHHH I was never here!!:p

I believe you can rent one from the ship but they are limited so you need to call the special needs department before you cruise.

Another thought would be to purchase a folding walker with a seat on it. My husband has limited mobility and this is what he uses. It is great for excursions because he can stop and rest whenever needed. The seat also makes a great platform to carry your food tray in the buffet or burger lines.

Actually this advice is going to get you no where. Ive done this myself, so Im sure calling is a waste of time.

Its first come first served on the ship. You pay a deposit you get back when its returned.

People on CC give well meaning advice which is just wrong... so you need to get more than one opinion.

I believe the deposit was $50 they put on your sign and sail card.

Carnival's website provides two links for mobility rentals.

Carnival will also provide wheelchair assist for embarking and disembarking (which we did need for my husband recently).

Archived