Laundry

LaurieCM

When we were on the Coral Princess in 2008 there was a self-serve laundry. Do they still have that?

G'day Laurie, yes, was on Coral in November, still a couple of laundromats on board, small though.

Thank god for the complimentary Elite laundry service !

G'day Laurie, yes, was on Coral in November, still a couple of laundromats on board, small though.

Thank god for the complimentary Elite laundry service !

More than a "couple" -- there is one on every deck with passenger cabins. And while I can only speak to the one on Caribe, I would hardly call it small: there were four washers and dryers and two irons/ironing boards. That was more than enough on my sailing; I never had to wait for a machine or iron and I did laundry several times.

I'm in the middle of writing a review of our cruise on Golden Princess.

One of the things I did get a photo of was the laundry facilities as I recall people asking questions about it.

So. follow this link and then go to my post about "Our Cabin" the final photo is of the laundry. It is a 3D photo that requires red/blue glasses to see the 3D effect but without the glasses you should be a sense of what the room is like.

Hope this helps

Yes .. Princess still has self service laundry

It's one of the reasons we love Princess

Srpilo

More than a "couple" -- there is one on every deck with passenger cabins. And while I can only speak to the one on Caribe, I would hardly call it small: there were four washers and dryers and two irons/ironing boards. That was more than enough on my sailing; I never had to wait for a machine or iron and I did laundry several times.

For us, this is a must have feature on a ship, especially as we're trying to stick with cruises over a week in length, and because one member of our family is allergic to regular laundry detergent.

On some ships, there may not be a laundry room on the lido deck, but there will be one on the rest of the decks with cabins.

Archived