Email to the Marina

clarkspond75

In my cruise documents they gave me a Oceania@seamail address. can any one at home send me mail?

YES

where do I recieve the email?

Either on the computer in the lab or on your own device click on the Oceania AT sea link when you bring up the webpage

And is there a charge if I don't reply. We just want to get updates from home and do not need to reply each time. Thanks

No charge for incoming but besure you log in to right section of the web site

There were several threads on this topic before

Maybe try the search button (top right) for email

You can look at your e-mail in the computer room. No charge for reading it. Easy to do but very, very slow! If you need help, the computer guy can tell you what to do. Anyone who has the address that Oceania gives you can send you e-mail. I think it is $3.95 to send an e-mail but you do not have to reply to an incoming one.

A couple of other points. You cannot print the incoming e-mail (that is what I remember on the Marina anyway). All the incoming e-mails will disappear from the ship's system at the end of the cruise.

That's one of the ironies. Seems like folks want more access, more conveniently, more often, more faster. So to meet the first three wants, now they get free use of a laptop in a large percentage of staterooms (but because the service is so locked down the laptops are essentially useful just as web browsers) and with the convenience of it being in one's cabin I suspect more people log on more often. This of course cuts into the bandwidth that everyone shares slowing things down even more.

With the new mail system one must actually log on just to see even if they have any mail to their cruisemail address. The previous computer service provider had a much better arrangement in that they would post on a board both inside and outside the computer room a listing of who has new mail.

One advantage is you don't have to spend the time, the long slow time, to login and only find out there is no new mail. Plus this didn't require chewing up the bandwidth with everyone simply checking their mail status. I far preferred the old system of announcing e-mail status.

That said I very much like that Oceania still provides every passenger with a cruisemail address. THis is a very easy and convenient point of contact in the event of emergency or important messages. As well that the new system is free to read, other than the time to load the messages, is terrific.

I read on another post that on Marina the original service provider under equipped the ship and that is now been rectified. Hopefully those who pack their own devices will get consistent service throughout the vessel plus a speed improvement for all.

Archived