Child turning 3 while on the cruise - Kids Club???

Hot Chilli

Usually, the age you are when you board, is the age you stay the entire trip. If the kid's club is a deal breaker, go on the week AFTER their birthday! They may make an exception, but they certainly don't have to.

Does anyone know if once they turn 3, they can join kids club (providing toilet trained of course). Or does it work off the day they board???

Sailing on Celebrity.

Celebrity told us it goes by the day they board.

How flexible is Princess Pelicans Club for the minimum age. Going on Diamond Princess in May with a toddler who will be 3 weeks shy of 3 years at Boarding time. She is toilet trained already. Will they assess the child's maturity at the Club or do we have to show proof of age?

How flexible is Princess Pelicans Club for the minimum age. Going on Diamond Princess in May with a toddler who will be 3 weeks shy of 3 years at Boarding time. She is toilet trained already. Will they assess the child's maturity at the Club or do we have to show proof of age?

They'll already have her age from the ship's manifest. Since you must use a birth certificate and can't "fudge" that, her name will not be on the list of children old enough for the program.

I can't answer about whether they will allow it on Princess. I suggest you also check on the Princess forum. But on most cruise lines, the minimum age to actually be in the children's program is non-negotiable. It's partly due to liability insurance, where if it's written that the minimum age is 3 and if they allow a younger child in the program, then it can void the insurance. It's also because if they let one "almost age" in, then every parent with an almost age child will reasonably expect the same and then the age minimum is meaningless. But as I say, I don't know how Princess handles it.

beachchick

We sailed on the Island Princess a few years ago with an "almost" 3yr old. She wasn't able to be left at the kids club, but she was able to use it as long as a parent stayed with her. Don't know if they still allow this or if it was just that ship or what.

Not flexible. They stick by their policy. They have to be three years old when boarding, and as stated, they know your child's age.

If they aren't three, they can't even use the group babysitting.

I actually got away with it on HAL with my son. We sailed the month before his birthday and in the online forms I filled out we put 01/17 instead of his b-day 10/17. When we got to the port, I just told them it was a typo when putting in the info. He was already on the kid clubs lists as being 3 and he enjoyed the club.

I actually got away with it on HAL with my son. We sailed the month before his birthday and in the online forms I filled out we put 01/17 instead of his b-day 10/17. When we got to the port, I just told them it was a typo when putting in the info. He was already on the kid clubs lists as being 3 and he enjoyed the club.

Thanks for the tip. So it looks like they let your son in the club because he was on the clubs lists and overlooked the fact that he did not meet the minimum age requirement. Hmm - maybe worth a try with the "typo" on the online form and hope Princess will do the same as HAL :).

Honestly I would never risk messing with age documentation just to slide by the age requirements. If you are caught and they want to be snarly that day they can deny embarkation. :( On the RCL cruise that my daughter was celebrating her 3rd birthday, I moved it to fall the week after. And on NCL, they told me specifically that the child can attend the day they turn two not one day before, even of it means it's in the middle of the cruise. The counselors on Carnival told me the same thing. I wouldn't risk it.

I actually got away with it on HAL with my son. We sailed the month before his birthday and in the online forms I filled out we put 01/17 instead of his b-day 10/17. When we got to the port, I just told them it was a typo when putting in the info.

Why not skip the lying and just book a cruise after your child is old enough to be able to participate in the children's club?

When a parent does things like this, they really can't complain when their children grow up not telling the truth and trying to get around the rules.

Hmm, I am surprised you got away with that. We just sailed HAL a couple weeks ago and the registration form you fill out for Club HAL mentions needing proof of age via passport or birth certificate. We weren't asked for it for our daughter, but she is clearly older than 3.

Certainly wouldn't recommend providing false information to the cruise line. They have to provide a passenger manifest before sailing and incorrect information could at the very least lead to a delay in boarding and worst case they could deny you boarding the vessel. Glad it worked out for you, but it's kind of a big risk for trying to circumvent the kids club age rules.

On NCL, if a child has a birthday during the cruise, they can move up if you want them to, or, you prefer the group they started with, you can keep them there. They cannot start with the higher group early in anticipation of the birthday though.

Archived