Ruby Princess-Kids and Tips

jbhermes

Hi all! We had our first cruise on the Ruby Princess in Feb--LOVED IT! We loved it so much, that we have invited our 4 kids and granddaughter to join us next year. I have a question about my granddaughter though-- she will be two when we cruise next year. How is pricing for kids? The only thing I could find on Princess website was the price for three people in a stateroom. Is that the only pricing info as far as kids go? It looked like the third person was about half price. And then for tipping--will $11.50 per day be added to our bill for her also? It seems like that shouldn't be the case? But I guess if we get housekeeping or wait service... that would include her too.

The thrid person rate would be the rate for your Granddaughter as a third in a cabin. Yes, she will be charged the tips as well, the waiters in the dining rooms and such will wait on her too, the room steward will clean the room after her as well and very possibly provide additinal things for her, crib, towels, blankets, etc.

I don't think she is old enough for the kids program, think it is age 3 and potty trained, but you will be surprised at the amount of attention she will get. The waiters and room stewards especially miss their own kids and love to give attention to little ones onboard.

Have a great time with your kids and Granddaughter.

Thanks, Joann! We are not at all worried about how much attention she'll be getting. She's our ONLY grandchild :) We are using this cruise as an excuse to spend a week with her. Her parents will be out enjoying the nightlife...and WE'LL be enjoying Gabbi! :)

Thanks, Joann! We are not at all worried about how much attention she'll be getting. She's our ONLY grandchild :) We are using this cruise as an excuse to spend a week with her. Her parents will be out enjoying the nightlife...and WE'LL be enjoying Gabbi! :)

Oh, how I miss those days. Now Grandson is out late (21) enjoying the nightlife and we are all in bed:eek:

On Princess there is no children's rate. Your GD would be the third person in the cabin and charged that rate.

Same for the autotip. She is in the cabin to be cleaned up after. She is eating the food and receiving the service in the MDR and/or the buffet. It is a very rare two year old that is not messier than adults.

Aren't you the best Grandparents and how much fun you will have. You just might find yourselves competing with some of ths staff. LOL.

Have a wonderful time with your family. We are hoping to do a family cruise with all our kids and 7 Grandkids one of these days.

You can if YOU want to remove the automtip for the child

Only if they want to stiff the cabin steward, who will be cleaning up for all of them -- not just the adults, and the waitstaff in the MDR/buffets who will be serving the whole family, not just the adults.

I am organizing a family reunion trip in May, and one of our cabins will be occupied by two people: a mother and her daughter who will be just shy of 3 years at sailing time. They are paying two adults fare and will pay the normal auto tip rate for 2 adults. We were a little disappointed of not getting a price break for the child at the beginning, but then we got over it and they are looking forward to enjoy all the amenities available to them :D

Only if they want to stiff the cabin steward' date=' who will be cleaning up for all of them -- not just the adults, and the waitstaff in the MDR/buffets who will be serving the whole family, not just the adults.[/quote']

Im not saying to drop the tips, but its an option for them to decide

Archived