Weather and seas on ta leaving march 19th

carol1940

I am leaving in three day for a b2b first in the warm carribean and then on a ta. Obviously, will need two types of clothing for each leg. Suggestions on how cold it will be on ta leg and what must pack items s/b.

I know that each crossing is different but are the seas rough this time of year. I am on deck 11 mid ship

thanks in advance.:):)

I am leaving in three day for a b2b first in the warm carribean and then on a ta. Obviously, will need two types of clothing for each leg. Suggestions on how cold it will be on ta leg and what must pack items s/b.

I know that each crossing is different but are the seas rough this time of year. I am on deck 11 mid ship

We did this itinery in 2010 and found out that all you need to take extra for the TA is a light jacket(wind resistant) and light sweaters for on deck of ship on sea days. The temps in all ports were 55 to 65 each day. As for sea conditions I was amazed that the Atlantic was almost like a mill pond but we had one day in the Med that was mildly rough. Have a grate cruise.

Bill

The conventional wisdom for a Transatlantic crossing is that the temperature will be ten degrees cooler during the crossing than the average temperature of your starting and ending ports.

map-lg-MNA120319.jpg

Your situation is harder to figure, because of the interim ports, but the average March temperature in Bermuda is 71 degrees and in Barcelona it is 61 degrees.

Hat-blowing-off-head-370x500.jpg

In any case, figure on it being very windy whenever you are out of doors on the ship.

We did this crossing in 2010 on Regatta and are on the 3/19 T/A this year. In 2010 we had 8 sea days after leaving Miami - no stop in Bermuda as we do this year.

As I recall, the seas were calm and the temperature moderate. I took long sleeved cotton Tees, crop pants, lightweight cotton slacks, light cardigan and windbreaker for day wear, but we did have a number of "pool days".

On our tour in Funchal we experienced very changeable weather, from full sun to misty rain and fog.

Hope this helps.

I would not count on any "pool days" between Bermuda and Funchal , unless you bundle up with blankets on the Balinese Daybeds :p

Oceania-Marina-Pool-Deck-Photo.jpg

That's a distance of 2773 miles for the ship to cover in just over five and a half days.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distances.html?n=682&sort=1

She will have to be sailing at almost twenty knots continuously. The pool deck is sheltered, but it is going to be windy.

OceanLinerColumbus.jpg

Just to further confuse the waters...

We did a Miami-Barcelona TA on Regatta in March 2009 and a NYC-Venice TA on NCL in April 2010.

Weather was fine on both crossings, but we did have a few days of pretty rough seas on the Regatta crossing. After those few days were over, it was smooth as glass.

The NCL ship was 2300 passengers as opposed to Regatta's 684, so we were less susceptible to heavy seas. And I don't remember any ... My trip diary doesn't indicate rough seas (and I AM susceptible) ... OTOH, leaving the ship at ports of call was far more difficult than it ever has been on the "R" ships.

Mura

Jim and Stan: Just to clarify -- on the 2010 crossing, we had sitting by the pool days, not necessarily swimming in the pool days, though some folks did. And some even got a tan - or maybe it was a windburn??

Archived