Oceania Suite on Marina

kywhiskey

Hi...considering a cruise on Marina and looking at an Oceania Suite. They are located aft on Deck 11 or forward to mid/forward on deck 12. Anyone know which location is best? Thanks!

Most definately the two aft cabins on Deck 11 as Jim/Stan will most assuredly tell you and will send you pictures.:D

We stayed in 12006...and thought it was near perfect...

I think on Deck 11, you have the advantage of a bigger "wrap-around balcony", but you are also at the extreme back of the ship on a deck with a lot of PH cabins...and the actual square footage of the cabin may be slightly less than on Deck 12...

Deck 12, you are in a section with only an exclusive, limited number of suites only...And you walk directly out onto the pool deck...

So, there are trade-offs...

To be truthful, I think ANY of the Oceania suites would be wonderful...

We stayed in 12006...and thought it was near perfect...

I think on Deck 11, you have the advantage of a bigger "wrap-around balcony", but you are also at the extreme back of the ship on a deck with a lot of PH cabins...and the actual square footage of the cabin may be slightly less than on Deck 12...

Deck 12, you are in a section with only an exclusive, limited number of suites only...And you walk directly out onto the pool deck...

So, there are trade-offs...

To be truthful, I think ANY of the Oceania suites would be wonderful...

We were in 12007 and you are right..it was just steps away from the pool deck and convenient to all venues. They are beautiful suites and I will miss it on our next trip.

Hi...considering a cruise on Marina and looking at an Oceania Suite. They are located aft on Deck 11 or forward to mid/forward on deck 12. Anyone know which location is best? Thanks!

As Steve says, the deck 12 Oceania Suites are in a very rarefied area of the ship, but I confess a personal preference for those at the back of the ship.

092924.jpg092435.jpg

They are marginally smaller, but the layout is so spacious that we never missed the extra space, even when we entertained in a major way.

183402.jpg

The views of the Wake and enormous veranda are just fabulous!

051227.jpg092807.jpg

If you are in one of the suites on Deck 12, do you hear anything from the gym or deck above you? We did have some noise from the crew putting out the chairs in the morning when we stayed in one on Deck 11 Aft.

Thanks.

If you are in one of the suites on Deck 12, do you hear anything from the gym or deck above you? We did have some noise from the crew putting out the chairs in the morning when we stayed in one on Deck 11 Aft.

Thanks.

When we stayed in an aft owners suite on the Insignia. We also heard them putting out the chairs in the terrace cafe(which is directly above) in the morning.

We are staying in an aft oceania suite on deck 11 on the Marina in June which is the same location (below the terrace restaurant). Jim and Stan PROMISED they did not hear a sound in those suites. I guess it depends on how deep a sleeper you are. Maybe we will have to follow J&S's example and have 6 martinis before retiring:rolleyes:.

When we stayed in an aft owners suite on the Insignia. We also heard them putting out the chairs in the terrace cafe(which is directly above) in the morning.

We are staying in an aft oceania suite on deck 11 on the Marina in June which is the same location (below the terrace restaurant). Jim and Stan PROMISED they did not hear a sound in those suites. I guess it depends on how deep a sleeper you are. Maybe we will have to follow J&S's example and have 6 martinis before retiring:rolleyes:.

192326.jpg The rectangular window behind the gentleman standing on the veranda of 11080 looks into the bedroom of the Suite and as I have reported before, we could not even hear the speakers on our own veranda BLASTING, never mind noise from above. :eek:

There is some propeller vibration, particularly at speed, but you won't hear chairs being shifted or people talking. Those rattan chairs on the restaurant terrace weigh a ton anyway, and don't get moved very much.

194321.jpg

One of the first things I noticed about the Marina when I first saw her was how substantially she was built, look at the cantilever on the deck above the terrace.

195641.jpg

We are early risers and light sleepers so we did hear them arranging the chairs early in the morning - even after a few martinis - but we didn't hear anything later in the day or evening. I wondered if anything can be heard from the gym above the suites on Deck 12?

183402.jpg

First, never had a problem with noise from the gym/spa...Wouldn't even know it was there...

Here's one area where the smaller space on Deck 11 manifests itself, assuming Jim and Stan's drawing above is accurate:

The "guest bath" on Deck 12 has an ample shower!!! I pretty much used this bathroom...and shower since my wife monopolized the master bath! MUCH better than a mere powder room in my book...

Also, the bar in 12006 was much longer than what appears in Jim and Stan's diagram...Media room larger as well with wall units to either side of sofa...

092445.jpgI believe that the wet-bars are a standard size, but the media room and the guest bath are in fact MUCH smaller in the aft suites.

092302.jpg

While we are on the subject, the Deck 12 Suites have a sliding glass door from the bedroom onto the veranda; in the Deck 11 Suites, there is a window there. A missed opportunity, if you ask me.

023258.jpg092618.jpg

Still, I can spend HOURS looking at that wake, so I'm still a BOTBB.

035438.jpg

(Back of the Boat Boy)

092445.jpgI believe that the wet-bars are a standard size, but the media room and the guest bath are in fact MUCH smaller in the aft suites.

No...the bar is larger...note the difference in our photos...our bar was four sections wide, not three...and check the open part of the shelf above...ours had five supporting posts on the metal rail...yours has three...here's another photo where you can make out the larger bar in the background:

1084151869_OceaniaMarinaAugust2011080.jpg.d0111a09d566e138e59f7be9fb6a2e12.jpg

We have been in 12007 and never heard anything from above. When docking you do hear the bow thruster and of course the anchor if/when they release it.

We also have been in 12007 and never heard a sound from above. Supposedly the area was closed for re-doing of the floor..nary a peep. I did have one slight peeve with our balcony at dusk..we would be out there listening to music watching the sunset and the bridge shut all our outside lights off due to glare on the bridge. We thought we had done something wrong (there are MANY light switches) so we called our butler who didn't know why the lights went out, so he called engineering who promptly came to our room with a manager who just said "oh..the Bridge shut them off due to glare"...ummmm my Butler couldn't have told me that??

That's really interesting because we were in a Vista (10001) in August and we received a call one night asking us to turn off the exterior lights -- that we weren't aware were on. So if they could turn of the lights from the Bridge in 12007, why couldn't they do so for 10001?

Mura

We also have been in 12007 and never heard a sound from above. Supposedly the area was closed for re-doing of the floor..nary a peep. I did have one slight peeve with our balcony at dusk..we would be out there listening to music watching the sunset and the bridge shut all our outside lights off due to glare on the bridge. We thought we had done something wrong (there are MANY light switches) so we called our butler who didn't know why the lights went out, so he called engineering who promptly came to our room with a manager who just said "oh..the Bridge shut them off due to glare"...ummmm my Butler couldn't have told me that??

If that irritated you, never book a Vista Suite. :eek: They have to be very strict about the outside lighting up there.

094702.jpg

Come to think of it, I always thought of you as an Owners Suite kind of a girl, anyway ;)

005943.jpg

That's really interesting because we were in a Vista (10001) in August and we received a call one night asking us to turn off the exterior lights -- that we weren't aware were on. So if they could turn of the lights from the Bridge in 12007, why couldn't they do so for 10001?

Mura

Probably because the bank of light switches is so complicated THEY couldn't even figure out how to turn them off!! :)

Archived