Now I'm nervous

smurf1635

My TA called today. Princess sent her a fax asking if we'd be willing to rebook our 4/23 cruise! I said no way, and I'm hoping I don't find any trouble waiting for me at the pier.

I don't know, but I suspect I was selected because I have a cabin that sleeps 4 and know that there hasn't been much left but doubles for the last few weeks. For all I know, all the doubles are gone.

Hold out.

Sometimes they will offer a bump up to a mini if they really want your cabin.

In rare cases, they will offer even more - like a full refund, and then a suite on a different ship.

We were once offered a free Panama Canal cruise in a suite to give up our cabin on Pacific Princess (old), Honolulu to Ensenada. We kept our cabin!

Would have taken up their offer if we had not just been through the canal a couple months earlier.

I wouldn't worry. I have been called 3x and turned them down each time and still had my cabin at check-in with out any problems. Princess keeps calling until they have enough volunteers. If they don't get enough - they increase the incentive until enough people take it.

Two years ago we were called the day before our first cruise with Princess on the Star. We had gotten a special discount because at the time someone who worked for my hubby dated a Princess employee (since then they have gotten married). So we took the cheapest category for one of the weeks offered even though that meant our girl would be out of kindergarten for a week.

They offered a refund and an upgrade to a balcony if we postponed for a couple of weeks. We were driving to San Pedro anyway so it wasn't a matter of rearranging a flight but we turned it down because:

1. we were already packed and ready to go the next day

2. I had the girl's homework in hand so she can work on it on the ship

3. we didn't want a balcony because of our 5-year-old

4. we didn't know how soon the war against Iraq would start and my hubby had a couple of military guys on his crew so he didn't want to be gone just in case he was shorthanded

5. It was a Valentine's Week cruise and who wouldn't want to be on the Love Boat then

6. And we didn't want to wait (I know, that's #1, but you all feel that way too!;)

Our cabin was waiting for us, so don't you worry. As the others have said, they'll keep uping the ante until they get enough takers.

Same thing happened to us a few cruises ago and we keep wishing it would happen again. We were originally booked on the Sun P for a 7-day Carib in February. They called and offered us a 10-day Panama Canal on the Ocean Princess (we had already done the PC but did it again) - same cabin category and basically same location AND gave us $1500 back.

I am ready to do it again whenever they ask.

I am wondeirng how long they keep the balconies available as there are empty ones on the cruise I am going on,and Princess upped the cost from 2077 to 2600...we are sailng on 5-30 and I check every day for the availability of the balconies, as we have a window right now. We are hoping they will call us and ask us to upgrade, for a reasonable fee, to a balcony...

Last week the balconies were 2077 total cost

This week 2600, BUT the same balconies are there, when you check different web sites....this is what is confusing me

We had the TA say that we would accept an upgrade to a balcony, we havenot heard. Does anyone know why they would increase the cost of the balconies, when we are only 5 weeks from cruising? Trying to understand

Thanks

Archived