Can you request an upsell at the pier?

2boyzmom

OK- I have called my TA and she still is telling me $2000 more for a move from SJ ( Family suite) to 2 bdrm suite on the Dawn even though 90% of this category still remains EMPTY for next month's sailing. What can I do to try and get this price reduced?

Should I call my TA again or send an email directly to NCL?

Since you're booked through a TA, you're required to work through them. You should be aware that discounted upsell offers usually must be initiated by NCL, not by passengers or their travel agents. If your travel agent contacts NCL their response will be to offer you the cabin at the current selling price, not at a discount from that price.

Since you're booked through a TA, you're required to work through them. You should be aware that discounted upsell offers usually must be initiated by NCL, not by passengers or their travel agents. If your travel agent contacts NCL their response will be to offer you the cabin at the current selling price, not at a discount from that price.

Yes- that seems to be the case :(

There is no hope of getting an upsell at the pier. NCL doesn't have empty suites on the day of sailing. They will make enough upsell calls that someone will be upsold into that suite.

I've been on many NCL cruises and got the lucky upsell call one time. And that was to upsell from a courtyard villa to the Garden villa for something totally ridiculous like 9k!!

I think you probably have a good chance of getting the call though. They will call the next category down to offer the upsell first. So if you are already in a suite, they will try to upsell you first. Years ago, the phone number for the upsell desk was floating around this board. Then NCL made a policy that they wouldn't accept upsell incoming requests - they HAD to call you. But these are different times, back then people booked suites and they booked up fast. Maybe if you called NCL directly you might be able to luck into one of the reps. connecting you to the upsell desk.

There is no hope of getting an upsell at the pier. NCL doesn't have empty suites on the day of sailing. They will make enough upsell calls that someone will be upsold into that suite.

I've been on many NCL cruises and got the lucky upsell call one time. And that was to upsell from a courtyard villa to the Garden villa for something totally ridiculous like 9k!!

I think you probably have a good chance of getting the call though. They will call the next category down to offer the upsell first. So if you are already in a suite, they will try to upsell you first. Years ago, the phone number for the upsell desk was floating around this board. Then NCL made a policy that they wouldn't accept upsell incoming requests - they HAD to call you. But these are different times, back then people booked suites and they booked up fast. Maybe if you called NCL directly you might be able to luck into one of the reps. connecting you to the upsell desk.

My TA is indifferent and not invested in helping so I sent them an email. Hey- all they can say is no :)

The people working the check-in at the pier don't directly work for the cruise line. Don't even bother asking them.

When you get onboard you can ask to have something noted on your account that you're interested in purchasing a upgrade. The key is saying you are willing to pay. Dozens of dozens of people ask to get added to the free upgrade list and nothing happens because enough people want to pay. This is of course based on how many, if any, cabins are open. Good luck!

Archived