Any 14 day Alaskan cruises for 2013?

emliss

Hello All,

Have scanned the threads and not found an answer to this question yet. I may be missing it but from various posts I have read, HAl is dropping it's 14 day Alaska itinerary next year and I think Princess dropped it (last year).

Any information on 14 day Alaska cruises (departing Seattle or Vancouver) for 2013 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, if you can't find one you could do a B2B or northbound on one cruise line and then southbound on another to catch a different itinerary. I know the negative with that is changing rooms, but a different itinerary would be nice. I need to do that myself one of these years.

Every cruise line has one. Its called a back to back :) While not as nice as a true 2 week cruise if you do this on princess youcan visit Glacier Bay, Hubbard Glacier and Colege Fjord on one cruise. Two stops in teh porst allows you to not ahve to choose between excursions and you can adjust plans if first week is rainy.

While the itineraries for 2013 have not been released yet I am certain that Princess will operate their very successful "Voyage of the Glaciers" which can be taken as a 14 day round trip from Vancouver. For 2012 they are using 4 ships on the route. I suspect the itineraries will be released in the next month or two and TAs may have the information already.

It's only 13 days, and it ain't cheap, but Regent just announced their Vancouver to San Francisco sailing for August 2013. Before you choke on those fares, though, keep in mind they include a lot of things you have to pay extra for on most other cruises. And it is one ship and no re-boarding.

But it still ain't cheap. :D

• 1 month later...
While the itineraries for 2013 have not been released yet I am certain that Princess will operate their very successful "Voyage of the Glaciers" which can be taken as a 14 day round trip from Vancouver. For 2012 they are using 4 ships on the route. I suspect the itineraries will be released in the next month or two and TAs may have the information already.

These appear to be the same ports just reversed. The current HAL 14 night cruise has way more ports, but appears HAL will not be offering this itinerary next year.

No, after 2012, HAL won't be offering that terrific 14 day itinerary. So grab it now if you want to experience it. It IS truly special, I've done it twice (2010 and 2011) and am so sad that it won't be offered after this season. Oh well, maybe they'll come back with it again in coming years, or maybe Princess will come back with their 14 day itinerary, that they discontinued at the end of 2009. We can only hope:o.

• 4 weeks later...

I am so disappointed to read that HAL won't be doing this trip next summer! It was amazing - Hoonah, Homer, Kodiak - such unique ports!

I was looking to book it for my son's college graduation next June :(.

Well, I will look for something else...

I'm SO sad that HAL is dropping its 14 day AK itinerary. No other line does it/these ports and I've enjoyed it twice and would do it again.

I'm sure they have a reason (port taxes, less than full ships, ????) but it's a wonderful trip.

B2B can be fun just for the fact that "everyone else" is packing and you get to stay "on" ............ and going to the same ports CAN be a plus as well, but that HAL 14 Day one is worth grabbing this year if it's gone after that. IMO :p

Archived