Freedom: Activity suggestions for Belize & Cozumel

I will be on the freedom of the sea for the western carribean trip. We will be porting at Belize and Cozumel and was wondering if past cruisers on this particular cruise can give me any suggestions on excursions (what companies you used and how the experience was). Thanks again!

I will be on the freedom of the sea for the western carribean trip. We will be porting at Belize and Cozumel and was wondering if past cruisers on this particular cruise can give me any suggestions on excursions (what companies you used and how the experience was). Thanks again!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

This is the main Royal Caribbean board.

You need the Ports of Call forum.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Yes, the ports of call can give you lots of info. I will tell you that Swimming w/ the Dolphins was a great/memorable experience and worth the money. Also, if you've seen the show "The Amazing Race" you can do that activity, which I hear is fun. Good luck and enjoy your cruise :)

Mayan ruins. I did Tulum from Cozumel and Lamanai from Belize. If one set of ruins is enough for you, I'd go for Lamanai. I think it's the more interesting of the two; and also, there's far more to do in Cozumel than there is in Belize.

Currently Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral has a western itinerary consisting of Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico. OP, are you sure you are not on the Carnival Freedom?

We took the excursion to Lamanai in Belize and loved it.

We booked throught the ship (voyager). Their was a bus ride to the river, then a boat ride to Lamanai. Would defintely recommend and do it again ourselves.

The excursion we took included lunch and the food was great too.

We had booked a snorkel trip in Cozumel but all the water activity trips were cancelled due to rough seas, so we hired a driver when we got off the ship and he took us around the island, with stops at a couple of places.

Currently Freedom of the Seas out of Port Canaveral has a western itinerary consisting of Labadee, Haiti, Falmouth, Jamaica, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel, Mexico. OP, are you sure you are not on the Carnival Freedom?

The Liberty of the Seas (sister ship to the Freedom OTS) does a 5-nighter to Belize and Cozumel out of Fort Lauderdale during the winter months of 2013. Perhaps this is what the OP meant?

We simply enjoy walking around town and here you have two extremes...

Cozumel is wonderful with great local flavor and shops. Simply take a taxi to the Forum Shops and walk back along the main drag in the direction of the ship. You can also explore the town square and side streets.

Belize is another story. There is nothing in town of note and the walk there is depressing to say the least.

So many great things to do at both of those ports. You need to go to the port boards and figure out what really meets your needs. I really like Belize, but a bunch of people don't. It is not really a great beach break, but so many other things to do.

Are you wanting recommendations for ship based excursions, or with private tour companies.

Your post is gonna get bumped to the ports of call forum if you are not asking rcl specific questions. Cruise Critic is hard to deal with inthat aspect.

In Cozumel I love Paradise Beach. Free entry with food or drink purchase. Also Carlos and Charlies on the beach is right next door and a very short easy walk. Cozumel is a GREAT shopping port, so save some time for that before you get back on the ship. Everything is super cheap there.

In Belize City, there is not much to do and it is not very pretty. You will want to take a ferry or charter boat to one of the other islands. We did a snorkel tour and beach day at Bannister Cay. it was $40pp. There are plenty of tour comoanies at the port to sell you tours.

Paradise beach cozumel!! we just returned today, loved it!! for 12$ you get full access to everything, water toys, paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling etc

showers,,

and for 2$ pool, showers, lounge chair..

great place to spend the day! my daughter and husband snorkeled all day and played on the toys

taxi was 13$ each way

belize we did cavetubing, fun! glad i did it, but alot of hiking in the jungle booked it private ..

The Liberty of the Seas (sister ship to the Freedom OTS) does a 5-nighter to Belize and Cozumel out of Fort Lauderdale during the winter months of 2013. Perhaps this is what the OP meant?

That's quite possible although it was clearly stated Freedom. That's why I thought it might be Carnival Freedom. The OP also started two threads for this same topic and stated Freedom of the Seas on the other thread. :confused:

That's quite possible although it was clearly stated Freedom. That's why I thought it might be Carnival Freedom. The OP also started two threads for this same topic and stated Freedom of the Seas on the other thread. :confused:

I checked, and the Carnival Freedom is not doing this itinerary. So I'm going to stick with my original guess. Maybe the OP will come back and clear it up for us.

I checked, and the Carnival Freedom is not doing this itinerary. So I'm going to stick with my original guess. Maybe the OP will come back and clear it up for us.

10-4. I'll agree with your original guess too. :)

Yes, the ports of call can give you lots of info. I will tell you that Swimming w/ the Dolphins was a great/memorable experience and worth the money. Also, if you've seen the show "The Amazing Race" you can do that activity, which I hear is fun. Good luck and enjoy your cruise :)

Thank you for the reply!

I'm a newbie, so it helps!

Thanks again!

When did Freedom of the Seas change it's itinerary to include Belize?

Sorry for the wrong info.

I heard wrong... I guess I'm just excited about the trip.

It is on the Liberty of the Sea.

Sorry for the wrong info.

I heard wrong... I guess I'm just excited about the trip.

It is on the Liberty of the Sea.

No problems. It's easy for a new CC'er to make that error. The Liberty is a Freedom Class ship so that also could have confused you. Glad that you are good to go. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived