Excursion - Allure - Trunk Bay

gonole1972

The Allure excursion to Trunk Bay states age limit is 8 years old. Wonder why? I guess we will have to go over own our own.

When I did the excursion, it was a rather long ferry ride, followed by an open-air shuttle on mountain side roads and the beach had no lifeguard. I don't really know, but any of this could contribute to the age minimum. Could also be an insurance matter.

Not sure of your experience gonole, but the St. Thomas/St. John link on the Ports of Call forum has many threads on getting to St. John on your own- such as this long running one: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1196166. Just be sure to get an early start off the ship and give yourself plenty of time to make the return trip. We've done this on our own via the Red Hook ferry and each time was perfect, love St. John! :)

jmf123 - Thanks. Yes been there many times. Will do on our own going through Red Hook. This time we have 4 grandchildren all under 8. In the past we always took the ship excursion when are sons were teenagers - liked the idea it was a ship tour and guaranteed ship would wait.

We will be careful on our own and manage our time to make it back. I want our grandchildren to see Trunk Bay and enjoy the tradition of swimming there like we have for 30 years!

The Allure excursion to Trunk Bay states age limit is 8 years old. Wonder why? I guess we will have to go over own our own.

not all of them! we are booked on the coastal guided tour of national park beaches to st. john and no age restriction!

Archived