Wow...that was wierd....

This is like watching the soaps.

Island Lady, I heard the GS room steward wanted you as a customer and that is why you got the suite. LOL

Toni

Hah!!! :D You are so funny.

Hey, I forgot to tell you the DH finally loaded my pics of our Jewel cruise just yesterday. Did you still want me to send you that picture of my last "towel creature"?

Though our funny cabin attendant told me she posted it on her Facebook page! :eek: ;)

ok so i am glad you got it worked out yet I feel that you got the raw end of the stick and the B2B person got there way, and thats fine but Im upset they have not come on and posted a thank you to you for giving up the room. As for who is at fault it still say TA, RCI prob gave in due to the CC post and the cost wasnt worth the bad PR to them. again its messed up there is no thank you from the B2B folks

enjoy your cruise

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the TA. Nancy posted this (quote below) yesterday, and if she has RCI confirmations for a deposit on #1100 last year, then she is certainly entitled to keep her B2B in this same stateroom. And the TA would not be at fault. It is a "raw deal" for island lady to have to go through the heartbreak of having this coveted stateroom taken away, as well as the other party's distress over the sudden switch.

We booked that cruise, along with the following week, back on May 18, 2011. I just discovered over the weekend that somehow we've ended up in 1602 for week 1. I contacted my TA today, I have the confirmation showing that we have a deposit paid on that cabin for BOTH weeks, and I've asked him to try to get it settled. I'm not sure how this happened, but like you, I'd like to get it resolved. I understand that you're upset with this, as am I, but I'm not exactly thrilled with being booted out of a cabin that I put a deposit on almost 10 months ago. We've sailed enough that we know if we want a coveted cabin, we need to book it early, and we did.

It is very strange how this issue came about, as the original deposit was made about eight months prior to island lady being able to book it in January. Nancy just discovered this past weekend that she now had #1602 for one of the weeks. I hope to see Nancy back here to share whatever she learned from her TA. Don't be upset if she is currently at work and isn't aware of the result posted by island lady yet...

Hah!!! :D You are so funny.

Hey, I forgot to tell you the DH finally loaded my pics of our Jewel cruise just yesterday. Did you still want me to send you that picture of my last "towel creature"?

Though our funny cabin attendant told me she posted it on her Facebook page! :eek: ;)

Yes, please send it to lakelorain at aol dot com. We have the cooking fiasco with you and your DH as our screen saver on Tim's computer. See your smiling face daily.

Yes, please send it to lakelorain at aol dot com. We have the cooking fiasco with you and your DH as our screen saver on Tim's computer. See your smiling face daily.

OMG!! You have to look at my face everyday!! :eek:

Poor you!! :( ;)

Ok...will be emailing you my last towel creature. Our cabin attendant said she

fell in love with him. :)

Just sent it!! Enjoy!! Still makes me laugh too!

ok so i am glad you got it worked out yet I feel that you got the raw end of the stick and the B2B person got there way, and thats fine but Im upset they have not come on and posted a thank you to you for giving up the room. As for who is at fault it still say TA, RCI prob gave in due to the CC post and the cost wasnt worth the bad PR to them. again its messed up there is no thank you from the B2B folks

enjoy your cruise

I really think this was a RCI error not a TA error - kind of annoys me that TAs are always the first to be blamed:(- I don't think RCI would have gone to all the trouble of calling and doing the upgrade if the TA made the mistake. Just my opinion.:) Glad all is settled. Maybe the B2B will invite Island Lady and hubby for drinks.:)

Island Lady,

I actually read through this entire thread to see the outcome. I - like you - like to think this thread and the traction it got was what prompted RCCL to call you again with a better offer!

And I want to echo what everyone else has already so eloquently stated - you are a wonderful person for giving up that great location for Nancy. I firmly believe that what goes around, comes around. You will be rewarded - some how!

Ann

Island Lady,

I actually read through this entire thread to see the outcome. I - like you - like to think this thread and the traction it got was what prompted RCCL to call you again with a better offer!

And I want to echo what everyone else has already so eloquently stated - you are a wonderful person for giving up that great location for Nancy. I firmly believe that what goes around, comes around. You will be rewarded - some how!

Ann

Thanks! I think the CSR rep was indeed quite aware of this thread. ;)

I will still try to get that elusive cabin on another cruise someday! And maybe get

to keep it this time. :)

They should have appealed to more than your good nature. Some OBC might pry me out......

As I stated before, the offer was indeed for OBC...which really does me no good.

It was me that once again (though not what I really wanted) offered to give up the

cabin that I was confirmed in for an upgrade. I felt it was the nice thing to do.

I will sleep better tonight, knowing what I did could help someone else. And yes,

perhaps good deeds will come around for me the next time. One can only hope. ;)

OK, my thoughts - Island Lady is a class act for agreeing to give up 1100, but IMO she shouldn't have had a choice, The person who booked first is absolutely entitled to keep it, and RCI should have told her she was moving and given her 1602 (which has a larger balcony and plenty of sun, BTW) plus some OBC for the confusion. I'm just glad they didn't tell her she was out and had 1598 (slightly obstructed view) instead! They also should have told her the truth about the reason for the move. It really bothers me (having been involved in the Rhapsody Renumbering Scandal) that they don't have the cojones to do that.

And remember that 1100's balcony isn't a true wrap-around the way you find on some of the Vision class ships, so you don't have that private section that absolutely nobody can see. The view from 1602 is nearly as spectacular (we've stayed there, too). And the sun lizard would have like 1602 just as well, since it's only partly covered.

There's no reason for anybody to be heartbroken in this situation. GS 1550 is fabulous cabin in its own right, with great perks that even D+ don't get. So everybody should be happy with where they've landed.

Happy cruising!

OK, my thoughts - Island Lady is a class act for agreeing to give up 1100, but IMO she shouldn't have had a choice.

That's funny, since I had a printed out confirmation (from RCI) and it was still showing

in my cruises account. The RCI CSR today confirmed that I did everything right and it was

not my fault the mess was created.

He also told me I had every right to keep that cabin, and switching was

something that was totally my choice. If I had stood firm, he said there was no way

they could make me move out of that cabin.

Just so you understand it now, I offered to give it up...but I did not have to.

That's funny, since I had a printed out confirmation (from RCI) and it was still showing

in my cruises account. The RCI CSR today confirmed that I did everything right and it was

not my fault the mess was created.

He also told me I had every right to keep that cabin, and switching was

something that was totally my choice. If I had stood firm, he said there was no way

they could make me move out of that cabin.

Just so you understand it now, I offered to give it up...but I did not have to.

I know you didn't have to, but I think you should have had to. It wasn't Nancy's fault either that they (apparently) screwed it up, and as the first reserver (is that a word?) of the cabin, she should have gotten it back and you should have been relocated.

And the rep was wrong - they absolutely could have moved you out of that cabin - Bonnie Voyager reported being bumped out of her coveted corner aft (and E-1 on a Voyager class) to a D on the side. An "upgrade" that she didn't want, but they needed the cabin for a party of 3.

And none of this is meant to imply fault on your part, not at all. I hope you didn't take my post that way.

Island Lady, I'm sorry you won't have your dream cabin for this trip, but please count me among those who are impressed by your gracious kindness.

I'm a fairly new cruiser and incredible uninformed when it comes to cabin selection. Would you mind if I asked why JS 1100 is preferable to a GS?

I understand that it is an aft cabin, but I don't know what the benefits are to being aft.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Ok....just got a call from RCI (which I am guessing is due to this thread. ;) ).

At first offered OBC...."Now lets face it. What good would that do for me, I asked

him"?. 5 night cruise, is what I would really call a 4 day. My sea pass bill on most

cruises is almost non-exist. What would I spend the money on? I get free drinks

in the DE, free internet, free photos, and my liquor cabinet at home is still full from

other duty free shopping events. All excursions I book online ahead of time, which goes

on the credit card ahead of time. This OBC would disolve into thin air once I disembark.

Though I really did not want to do it, (as my heart was not in it), I re-interated my

offer of accepting an upgrade. He finally agreed, and now that is the final outcome.

I am now moved to a GS, and hope this will make Nancy happy, as I am sure it should.

Though I asked the RCI rep, it was never admitted to me who messed up her booking...the TA..or RCI.

But I was assured several times that it was not me, and I had done everything

right on my booking.

Maybe someday I will finally get to experience that cabin...sigh.... :(

I will still enjoy my cruise! :)

Congrats my friend!!!

You have been the lady I know and respect through the ordeal. Hope you all have a great time on board!

And the rep was wrong - they absolutely could have moved you out of that cabin - Bonnie Voyager reported being bumped out of her coveted corner aft (and E-1 on a Voyager class) to a D on the side. An "upgrade" that she didn't want, but they needed the cabin for a party of 3.

Yup! I was bumped from aft/corner cabin 7688 on Explorer of the Seas. :( ...and they (RCCL) didn't even call me and ask (or tell) me before they did it. I found out when I printed out my "set sail pass" and the new cabin number was on it! I was very disappointed....for a while....then I just sucked it up and enjoyed my cruise :D No on board credit, no Grand Suite, just a regular old balcony! But once I stepped foot on the ship, I did not think twice about what COULD have been! Nor will Island Lady! Both she and B2B are going to have a BLAST on their cruise, in their prospective cabins! ;) All's well that ends well!

I know you didn't have to, but I think you should have had to. It wasn't Nancy's fault either that they (apparently) screwed it up, and as the first reserver (is that a word?) of the cabin, she should have gotten it back and you should have been relocated.

And none of this is meant to imply fault on your part, not at all. I hope you didn't take my post that way.

Umm...mute point...

I DID relocate myself to accomodate Nancy.

1. Reserved directly online with RCI website (as anyone could since it was listed)

2. Had confirmation from RCI printed out, and still showed today that I was in that cabin

on "my cruises" account as a confirmation.

3. RCI rep (obviously a little higher up the ladder) called me today to tell me I did no wrong, that I had booked correctly, and had it within my rights to keep that cabin if I wished.

4. I offered to give it up...which I did.

5. Why would I take 1602 over what I had booked. Is not this the whole problem because

Nancy did not want that cabin?

6. Notice the pictures posted. Now that is one beautiful cabin. I will enjoy it ...someday.

sigh.... just not yet. :(

Island Lady, I'm sorry you won't have your dream cabin for this trip, but please count me among those who are impressed by your gracious kindness.

I'm a fairly new cruiser and incredible uninformed when it comes to cabin selection. Would you mind if I asked why JS 1100 is preferable to a GS?

I understand that it is an aft cabin, but I don't know what the benefits are to being aft.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

Scroll up and check out the pics of the balcony. (Thanks to that poster! :) ). I am a favorite fan of 9256, which

is directly under this cabin (and I happily have for my Alaska cruise). 1100 has an even more impressive balcony and location. Oh well....someday... :(

Congrats my friend!!!

You have been the lady I know and respect through the ordeal. Hope you all have a great time on board!

Awww. sweetie! Thanks! The DH and myself sure hope we get the pleasure of

sharing a ship with you again in the future, my friend! :)

I am looking forward to a wonderful cruise on this one and the others I have booked. :)

Archived