Rum Runner-Naughty Room

It is virtually IMPOSSBLE to get the smell of Listerine or shampoo out of a plastic bottle. Believe me, I've tried every way there is.

And it's 2 bottles, not one. So, 6.50 for a bottle is not so bad....

My father in law used one of the white Listerine bottles, not the clear-greenish ones. I think that he put vinegar in it for a few days and then washed it out with soap and water. He filled it with Jack Daniels, I didnt smell or taste any listerine when we drank the Jack.

I wish they would just allow champagne and wine. There is this champagne I love that I would love to be able to sit with on my balcony as my husband and I celebrate our anniversary. It's so much more money on the cruise vs. here, I feel like I am being robbed by purchasing it on the ship. I am fine with buying mixed drinks and all, but for a cheap bottle of champagne they shouldn't be doubling the cost. I was able to bring champagne onboard Princess, so it was nice. Champagne isn't exactly something I can put into a rum runner :(

RCCL will allow a cabin a max of two bottles of wine, champagne or a combo of both. We crried a very nice bottle of Champagne onto the Mariner last March. We declared it up front and there were no issues.

Possibly an alternative is for RCI to offer a bottle of booze to consume in your cabin at a somewhat inflated price so they are still making a tidy profit.

Last year we were on the Carnival Sunshine inaugural.....lots of issues with that one but let's move on......and we prepurchased a one liter bottle of vodka from Carnival. It was delivered to our room the first night. It was $50 or possibly $55 for that ONE liter bottle.

Carnival made a very good profit and we had a bottle for our balcony cabin.

This was a 12 night Europe cruise. We were so busy we didn't even drink half the bottle.

If you want to smuggle, go ahead. If you don't then that's fine too.

(I just had to add that I remember buying a bottle of 151 Bacardi onboard Viking Serenade in 2000?? I believe. At that time you could buy it in the duty free shop and take it with you to your cabin. Such a deal!!! Way cheaper than I could have bought it at home!) I miss being able to do that but I can't say I miss the Viking Serenade. It is the only RCI ship I haven't absolutely loved.

Great crew but strange ship IMO).

I will tell you that our balcony cabin on Navigator is cheaper than our porthole cabin on Sun Viking in 1992. (Cruising is a bargain although we do have to scrimp and save to afford to go.)

No soapbox here. Let's all go enjoy our favorite type of vacation the way we want to.

Edited by maitaiguy

Just wondering in the past 30 days across the RCCL fleet if anyone has had rum runner success ? Anyone wind up in the naughty room ? I am not too cheap to buy a drink, but when getting ready for dinner, it is nice to pour a Dewars on the rocks and sit back and relax on MY balcony without having to leave my cabin to get a drink. I know there are plenty of folk that feel the same way !

Tired of this question. I do not feel the same way.