Rum Runner-Naughty Room

I had success one week ago on the Allure BUT I had the rr's on my person and not in my bag. I used Shampooze in my bag. In total, I smuggle on 4 rr's and 4 shampooze bottles. My friend got caught when he put his rr's in his checked bag. Shampooze is definately the way to go now.

Maybe it's just that darn British humor (or is it humour :))

I never do get it! :confused:

Mabe it's jus' that us dum suth'nrs dont git that 'fisticated Eurpean humour. Corse, cuz I liv in Southaven, MS, I giss I'm a little less suth'n then you.

I had success one week ago on the Allure BUT I had the rr's on my person and not in my bag. I used Shampooze in my bag. In total, I smuggle on 4 rr's and 4 shampooze bottles. My friend got caught when he put his rr's in his checked bag. Shampooze is definately the way to go now.

If many have shampoo or mouthwash bottles opened and checked for the proper contents, how are these “shampboozes” containers any different?

M

Has RCI discontinued Bar room service?:confused:

No they have not i ordered some thru room service on the tv one night after our daughter had fell asleep and we sat out on the balcony and had a drink. They had a limited menu but still was good cold and i enjoyed it. I don't remember what was on the menu for sure but maybe someone would remember or have a photo etc.

I plan on smuggling booze on board because I'm cheap and I want to stiff the cruise line. No really, that's not completely true.

The fact is the cruise line wants to stiff me. It's no different than going to a pro-ball game. The stadium charges you $8 for a $2 hot dog. On the cruise ship you are a captive audience. There is no competition for where or what you can buy. Some of us prefer a cruise for many different reasons. But the fact is having a good number of drinks may be a big part of our vacation. It can add up quickly. What, the booze package alone that is offered on the UK ship is $70/day or something like that. So obviously a week can give someone a bar bill of $500, and that's just one person.

If I thought I had no choice but to buy only the ship's booze then I'd probably book a hotel on an island where I could buy what I wanted at a competitive price. Fact is the ship sells booze in bottles for a good price. But they won't let you drink it. It's the cruise ship saying to you, "Hey we know this stuff doesn't cost much but if you want to have it here then you have to take the 500% markup plus tip.

So the holier than thou people that like to belittle the smugglers can just keep to themselves. If you don't like it then don't open these threads. The rest of us are just trying to communicate ideas and we just don't need to hear about your morals. And on top of that all the threads with the good ideas and info get deleted because of the idiots that have to pop in and flame us for discussing the issue.

Edited by frayedend

We had two RRs in two of our three checked bags -- one (almost empty) in DH's shoe, the other (almost completely full) wrapped in my clothes. Our third bag held the unopened mouthwash bottle. After having been called to the naughty room on Allure a year ago for mouthwash, I was a little hesitant, but I figured they'd get me for the third bag.

Our cabin was near the service area, and I could see all three of our bags waiting to be brought to our cabin. Success!! But, to tell you the truth, we drank hardly any of it. Maybe a couple of days we made some Crystal Light pink lemonade and put in some vodka. Mostly we just stuck with a glass of wine and bottle of beer, using our 2-for-1 drink coupons.

We dumped the vodka and rum before we came home. It was cheap stuff packed by DD's ex-boyfriend. :D

I plan on smuggling booze on board because I'm cheap and I want to stiff the cruise line. No really, that's not completely true.

The fact is the cruise line wants to stiff me. It's no different than going to a pro-ball game. The stadium charges you $8 for a $2 hot dog. On the cruise ship you are a captive audience. There is no competition for where or what you can buy. Some of us prefer a cruise for many different reasons. But the fact is having a good number of drinks may be a big part of our vacation. It can add up quickly. What, the booze package alone that is offered on the UK ship is $70/day or something like that. So obviously a week can give someone a bar bill of $500, and that's just one person.

If I thought I had no choice but to buy only the ship's booze then I'd probably book a hotel on an island where I could buy what I wanted at a competitive price. Fact is the ship sells booze in bottles for a good price. But they won't let you drink it. It's the cruise ship saying to you, "Hey we know this stuff doesn't cost much but if you want to have it here then you have to take the 500% markup plus tip.

So the holier than thou people that like to belittle the smugglers can just keep to themselves. If you don't like it then don't open these threads. The rest of us are just trying to communicate ideas and we just don't need to hear about your morals. And on top of that all the threads with the good ideas and info get deleted because of the idiots that have to pop in and flame us for discussing the issue.

Nicely said!

We bought our RR for our april 14 cruise plan on spreading the large ones out through the bags and carrying the small ones in pockets. We sailed navigator in jan of 2010 and was called down for a bottle of mouth wash so well see how this goes

I wish they would just allow champagne and wine. There is this champagne I love that I would love to be able to sit with on my balcony as my husband and I celebrate our anniversary. It's so much more money on the cruise vs. here, I feel like I am being robbed by purchasing it on the ship. I am fine with buying mixed drinks and all, but for a cheap bottle of champagne they shouldn't be doubling the cost. I was able to bring champagne onboard Princess, so it was nice. Champagne isn't exactly something I can put into a rum runner :(

Edited by Artemis908

• 8 months later...

We took the proseco onboard with a bottle of wine since its legal now, rum runners made it too no problem. You have to be creative in packing the runners and they have a special shape that hides well on the sides and bottoms of bags. They need to be with denser material like shoes, etc. Go ahead and flame away booz police....but we take ours in our equipment bag with the snorkeling stuff and now it's been 17 cruises without a single trip to the naughty room. And we were traveling with our dd and her hubby and they still ran up a $2700 bill (includes purchasing in the gift stores) but they had their share of booz from the ship. To each his own.

Edited by BecciBoo

I used them in January on the Mariner OTS with no problems . I put a smaller one in each shoe, and two 32oz RR wrapped in my jeans. We also brought on two 12 packs of soda and a soft sided cooler with no problems. Our cabin attendant kept our cooler full of ice. With the wine at dinner, we still had a $650 bar tab, and brought 1/2 of the liquor home with us!

$650 Bar Tab..... What are you drinking. In 26 cruises never had that kind of bill.

I wish they would just allow champagne and wine. There is this champagne I love that I would love to be able to sit with on my balcony as my husband and I celebrate our anniversary. It's so much more money on the cruise vs. here, I feel like I am being robbed by purchasing it on the ship. I am fine with buying mixed drinks and all, but for a cheap bottle of champagne they shouldn't be doubling the cost. I was able to bring champagne onboard Princess, so it was nice. Champagne isn't exactly something I can put into a rum runner :(

They do now allow you to bring on 2 bottles of wine.

• 2 months later...

I know this post is 10 months old, but I agree 100%.

It always surprises me how people freak out and feel the need to comment of the size of bar tabs. $650 isn't a lot of a couple on a 7 day cruise at all.

It's not always how much you drink but what you drink.

One shot of Louis XIII will run you over $85 + tip. Not sure of the price of Dom but it is at least $125 + tip. All those "foo foo" drinks people like around the pool run about $7 bucks each. It doesn't take much to tally up a big tab.

Our bill as a couple always peaks over a grand. It's just the price of cruising.

It always surprises me how people freak out and feel the need to comment of the size of bar tabs. $650 isn't a lot of a couple on a 7 day cruise at all.

It's not always how much you drink but what you drink.

One shot of Louis XIII will run you over $85 + tip. Not sure of the price of Dom but it is at least $125 + tip. All those "foo foo" drinks people like around the pool run about $7 bucks each. It doesn't take much to tally up a big tab.

Our bill as a couple always peaks over a grand. It's just the price of cruising.

Lmao. $650 is super weak. My last 7 day cruise I spent $1500 on drinks. And I still brought rum runners.