Can I...

...bring food and water bottles from this ship onto shore with me?

This is only my second cruise, and first to multiple ports, so I'm wondering if it's okay to bring food and water off the ship. This is really going to show how cheap I am, but I hate to have already paid for the food on the ship, and then have to pay for food during our time on shore. I also don't want to waste the few hours I have on the islands by returning to the ship for lunch.

Can I bring a room service sandwich with me to eat on the beach? :D

You can bring water but Agricultural laws don't allow you to bring any food that isn't packaged and sealed off the boat. I've heard people who have because they don't check your bags but it is against the law.

However you can stock up on little boxes of cereal.

You can bring water, but make sure to bring some onto the ship when you first arrive. It doesn't sound like you will want to pay for the cost of water on the ship,:D and neither do I.

You can take a closed bottle of water with you but are not allowed to remove any food from the ship. This regulation involves the fact that by bringing fruit or vegetables or food you can possibly cause a hazardous situation. The only items that I believe you can carry with you are secured items such as granola bars, boxed cereal, etc. You can be fined a substantial amount if you are caught by the local authorities.

My last cruise was 11-2011. As we were debarking the ship in port in Cozumel, there was a HUGE table with sandwiches, salads, fruit, and un-sealed water and soft drinks. They were asking people as they approached the scanners, and they were looking in tote bags going off the ship. We were also asked by the Mexican authorities specifically if we were bringing any fruit or vegetables into port. The only thing I have ever taken was a couple of protein bars (sealed), and sealed water bottles.

...bring food and water bottles from this ship onto shore with me?

This is only my second cruise, and first to multiple ports, so I'm wondering if it's okay to bring food and water off the ship. This is really going to show how cheap I am, but I hate to have already paid for the food on the ship, and then have to pay for food during our time on shore. I also don't want to waste the few hours I have on the islands by returning to the ship for lunch.

Can I bring a room service sandwich with me to eat on the beach? :D

Water, yes.

Food, no. Unless it's sealed and prepackaged from the manufacturer.

They will go through your stuff and make you deposit. Finding the food on land if prohibited by them could incur a fine.

Carnival just makes the no food rules across the board so they don't heve to be confusing about each local justistiction.

Hmmm....just got me to thinking. We always bring reusable water bottles on the ship to fill at the buffet for the cabin. So, I'm assuming I can't bring those bottles off the ship in port since they're not sealed?

Water is okay. We always bring sports bottles and fill them up with water and ice at the buffet vs. paying for bottled water while in port. We have even had our bags checked with no issues.

• 3 weeks later...

My daughter (9) grabbed a small ice cream cone as we were heading off the ship. I didn't think anything of it, but they made her stand there on the ship and finish it. She didn't want to eat it that fast, so she threw it away. I had no idea. It was no big deal, though.

My daughter (9) grabbed a small ice cream cone as we were heading off the ship. I didn't think anything of it, but they made her stand there on the ship and finish it. She didn't want to eat it that fast, so she threw it away. I had no idea. It was no big deal, though.

Same thing happened to me on a RCCL ship. Was not allowed to take it off the ship. Was told to stand to the side to finish or throw away.

You can take pre-packaged food off the ship but frankly that amounts to only boxes of cereal. You can bring granola bars, bags of chips, crackers etc. but you would need to bring them from home as the ship most likely will not have.

What about bringing food BACK ONTO the ship? The Mega store in Cozumel has a great bakery and I've always wanted to bring some back for a late night snack.

Would this be allowed?

Unless it is sealed package, No

This isn't true. You can absolutely bring food back onto the ship. You just can't take it off.

With that said...more info on this Mexican bakery please?? :D

This isn't true. You can absolutely bring food back onto the ship. You just can't take it off.

With that said...more info on this Mexican bakery please?? :D

There's a store downtown Coz called Mega, it's sort of like a super Walmart. We love going into the store and looking around. They will take US dollars, but you will get pesos as change. It has a HUGH bakery with tables.

Archived