Soda card question

zamboni1978

If I bring my thermal mug that keeps drinks cold, will they fill it if I have a soda card instead of just getting small glasses?

Unless they've changed things or do it differently from ship-to-ship, they actually give you a thermal mug when you buy the soda card. You can carry that around if you want or get a glass from the server if you don't want to carry it. And I agree that sometimes you MIGHT get a can in some locations. But the thermal mugs they give are not very large. I doubt it holds a full can of soda, when there's ice involved.

We will be on the Epic the week of 3/17 and would like to buy soda cards for myself and 2 kids. Will these be available to purchase immediately when we board? Anyone know where to go to purchase these? I would hate to have to purchase sodas for our first lunch and/or snacks until we figure out how to get the soda card. Thanks!

We will be on the Epic the week of 3/17 and would like to buy soda cards for myself and 2 kids. Will these be available to purchase immediately when we board? Anyone know where to go to purchase these? I would hate to have to purchase sodas for our first lunch and/or snacks until we figure out how to get the soda card. Thanks!

If you want, you can call and prepay before the cruise. That's what I did. But, you have to hurry. Your cruise is almost here. Have a great time!

If we prepay, will it be automatically on our key card, or is it something that we need to pick up somewhere? Thanks...just trying to figure out the logistics of it all.

That I don't remember. But, when you call NCL, they can give you that info.

If we prepay, will it be automatically on our key card, or is it something that we need to pick up somewhere? Thanks...just trying to figure out the logistics of it all.

We prepaid for the kids soda cards when we went on the 2/19 sailing of the Gem and I won't make that mistake again.

I was told by the booking agent that by prepaying, all I would need to do is go to the "station" that was selling the soda cards (really just sticker on the kids' room keys) and they would give them the sticker by virtue of their names being on some list. Not even close....

Boarded the ship and was told the same thing by the Info Desk. Up to the buffet to find a soda station....was told that you have to get the card at the Java Cafe (why didn't the Info Desk point me across the room????). Back to the Java Cafe and the person working the soda card station was insistent on charging me despite several mentions of prepayment. Finally, the person understood and said I needed to get the receipt from my room....which of course was not yet available!!!!! Ugh. There is no list and if you prepay and your kids want a soda before the rooms are available, you will be paying for it in addition to the card. Would have been easier to pay for the card onboard.

As with everything, YMMV.

They will leave you a certificate in your room and you take that to get your sticker. :)

We prepaid for the soda program. I had the invoice w/ me when we boarded (in my carry-on), which showed it was prepaid . So, we went straight to the Cafe where we showed we had already paid and our card was stamped right then and there. Off to lunch we went. No problems.

We prepaid for the soda program. I had the invoice w/ me when we boarded (in my carry-on), which showed it was prepaid . So, we went straight to the Cafe where we showed we had already paid and our card was stamped right then and there. Off to lunch we went. No problems.

We do the same thing. I print copies of everything and take it with us. But I don't ever remember having to show them the copies. I was thinking they looked it up in their system and showed that I had paid for it (at the customer service desk) and gave me a sticker. But either way, we both had ours on our cards prior to getting into our rooms during our cruises. :)

I am debating about a soda card or carrying Coke on for DS. If he wants a soda with a meal, how much would that be? Or do people carry their own sodas to lunch and dinner?

One can of soda was $1.75 + 15% gratuity = about $2 if I remember correctly.

You can take your own soda to lunch/dinner but we've only been drinking our own in cabin or sun deck etc, always paying in buffet/MDR mostly because it's just easier that way. Paying onboard price for 1 in 3 sodas we drink is enough savings for us and the main reason brining our own is the convenience of having enough just right cold drinks in the cabins fridge (we always ask the cabin steward(ess) to empty the fridge first night). :)

You can take your own soda to lunch/dinner but we've only been drinking our own in cabin or sun deck etc, always paying in buffet/MDR mostly because it's just easier that way. Paying onboard price for 1 in 3 sodas we drink is enough savings for us and the main reason brining our own is the convenience of having enough just right cold drinks in the cabins fridge (we always ask the cabin steward(ess) to empty the fridge first night). :)

Thanks. That sounds like a good plan for us too.

Laura

So if my kid wants chocolate milk, should I be bringing a thing of Quick with me?

Chocolate and white milk are available for free in the breakfast buffet in half pint size containers. I am honestly not sure how to get milk in the buffet for lunch and dinner. Obviously sit down restaurants can accommodate you.

Chocolate and white milk are available for free in the breakfast buffet in half pint size containers. I am honestly not sure how to get milk in the buffet for lunch and dinner. Obviously sit down restaurants can accommodate you.

Thanks!

Archived