Only Ship in Port

mjmagee

Anyone ever be on a ship that was the only one in St. Thomas that day? I can't really believe that it could happen. We are on Celebirty Summit and will be in St. Thomas on 4/27/12. If I am looking at the Cruise Timetables and Cruise TT webistes correctly, there are no other ships in port that day.

Marilyn

Yes, actually we have been there when the only ship or maybe one other. It happens sometimes.

In the summer it definitely can happen as so many ships leave the Caribbean during summer for Alaska, Canada/New England or Europe.

We will be the only ship in port as well on the Ruby Princess in April, or so it says. That's fine by me! Less crowded in town, for shopping, eating and drinking (which is what we plan to do there). We are docking at Crown Bay, which will be a change for us. Never docked there before. Should be something different. Looks to be the same distance to town as Havensight, maybe even a little closer. We shall see!

Actually my best trip there was when there were so many ships in, we were at anchor and had to tender in. I know people don't like tendering, but they dropped us off right smack in the middle of town. That was NICE!!

We will be the only ship in port as well on the Ruby Princess in April, or so it says. That's fine by me! Less crowded in town, for shopping, eating and drinking (which is what we plan to do there). We are docking at Crown Bay, which will be a change for us. Never docked there before. Should be something different. Looks to be the same distance to town as Havensight, maybe even a little closer. We shall see!

Actually my best trip there was when there were so many ships in, we were at anchor and had to tender in. I know people don't like tendering, but they dropped us off right smack in the middle of town. That was NICE!!

Crown Bay is a little further from downtown than Havensight. We used to walk from Havensight but it is not a good walk from Crown Bay.

HAL and Princess (as well as Oasis and Allure) almost always dock in Crown Bay.

Don't be surprised when you get there to discover that there are other ships there, I have learned that even the VI Port Authority website does not always show all the ships.

Crown Bay is a little further from downtown than Havensight. We used to walk from Havensight but it is not a good walk from Crown Bay.

HAL and Princess (as well as Oasis and Allure) almost always dock in Crown Bay.

Thanks! I am sure we would have taxi'd anyway, but now, I know we will for sure. I appreciate the advice.

Archived