how to find if price drops when deck is fully booked

tipsy

Got the ES fare back in June 2011, been checking rates and @ month ago, saw the deck is totally booked and can't check pricing for it.

Would there be any price drops under these circumstances and if so, how do I find out? Am doubtful since it's full up but gotta try.

thank you

If the category above what you booked is lower you can upgrade and get OBC.

I believe as long as it is in the same category, the decrease should qualify.

Thanks, going to look into it now.

OP, another way to look is under a different booking option. Example: my cruise shows no 4A's if you look under ES, but if you look under PG, there are 10 left. Carnival does not always offer all categories of cabins under all booking options, but keep watching.

As previously posted, if a higher category comes available for less, you can upgrade and get the difference.

looks like it's @ 52.00 more right now for any balcony cabin. I went to the Carnival site as a new booking and also the fareviewer.

Will keep checking but doesn't look too promising. Still got it at a fantastic price (1600.00 for 2 - deck 7 balcony) so can't complain.

thanks for all the help.

Got the ES fare back in June 2011, been checking rates and @ month ago, saw the deck is totally booked and can't check pricing for it.

Would there be any price drops under these circumstances and if so, how do I find out? Am doubtful since it's full up but gotta try.

thank you

Your cruise is still 6 weeks out. Just keep checking your category and higher categories. You never know 'til its over.

If they are already booked, why would they lower the price?

All higher categories may not be booked yet. Unlikely the ship is sold out 45 days in advance. Upsells can occur or TAs can release unsold block of cabins. It doesn't cost anything to check the fare regularly and the payoff is free money.

If they are already booked, why would they lower the price?

It is a benefit of the Early Saver fare. You get price drops until 2 days prior to sailing -in the same category, or upgraded.

(Oh, never mind- I see you meant if the deck is already booked. The post above answers that. I read it as if the passenger is already booked.)

I might be misunderstanding you OP, but you don't compare your "deck." You compare your "category." And not just a balcony for a balcony, inside for an inside, etc.... You need to know your specific category (i.e. - 7A, 8B, 4K, etc...). You can price match to your cat or higher, but nothing lower (ex - you can't price match an 8D Balcony to an 8A Balcony, cause A's are cheaper and considered a downgrade.)

Good Luck!!

thanks to everyone who took the time to ans. me

I'll just keep checking like you all say and maybe get lucky.

Understand what you mean by "category", mine is 8C, so will look for that or anything higher.

it's why I like this place.:)

thank you

To check prices quickly....

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer#

prices quoted on here are for the cabin less taxes. Same as listed on your confirmation. If you find your class or a higher one. Complete the ES form previously posted.

Archived