Carnival is Being VERY Misleading with Sunshine

cdamion

Yep, I do agree that it is misleading. I just reread their page introducing the Sunshine and if I didn't know better, I would think it was a new ship. Those who are not so cruise crazy like us CC members may have no idea.

I went to Carnival's website and I see what you mean also. Unless I missed it, I didn't see anything that actually stated that the Sunshine is really the Destiny redesigned.

That is not misleading. It is going to be about the same size as the Triumph class ships but carry almost 300 more passengers (double - more if all berths are full).

Destiny's current passenger/space ratio is 38.3 double/29.8 all berths.

Triumph/Victory's current passenger/space ratio is 36.8 double/29.2 all berths.

They are increasing capacity by up to 20% (all berths), but not adding close to that much passenger space.

Passenger/space ratio is itself a bogus number largely touted by RCCL to attempt to make them look better. Epic fail.

I'm looking forward to the NEW Sunshine.

Those who aren't thrilled should jump on Conquest now before Conquest moves to the port of {oops, I almost told}.

Passenger/space ratio is itself a bogus number largely touted by RCCL to attempt to make them look better. Epic fail.

Those who aren't thrilled should jump on Conquest now before Conquest moves to the port of {oops, I almost told}.

Dont you have a blog or thread to update:D

Does it really make a difference if it's brand new or not? Sometimes I think people just look for ways to join the BTB club, that stands for Born to B*tch :o

It doesn't really make a difference to me, but I don't pretend that the way I think is the way everyone else should think too. Why do you have to be rude? OP wasn't rude she was just stating what she thought...that their website blurb is misleading and I agree that it is. It looks like they are introducing a new ship. Sure we all know becuase we follow this kind of stuff but what about those who dont? Shouldn't they get to decide if it makes a difference to THEM?

It is still early so maybe it will change. I'm just defending OPs statement...the current introduction of the Carnival Sunshine on carnivals website seems misleading to me. There is even a picture of it that says ''new'' in the corner just like Magic and Breeze.

1) the way it is being marketed is misleading

2)I believe it is bad luck to change a ships name after it has been christened.

3) If they do a comprehensive overhaul and retrofit similar to the Costa NeoRomantica (formerly Costa Romantica) they will be fine, and to be fair it is a smart way to recapitalize the fleet for minimum costs as well as to help chart a course for the future of the Destiny, Triumph, Conquest and Concordia class ships, this is important when you consider 18 ships in 5 classes were derived from this ship; This also saves time and allows for investing in the next generation of cruise ships like the Dream and P&O and Princess 141k class.

Also I wonder if the name is aimed at RCCL any way?

Uploading some 268 pictures from Mobay now...

Looking forward to them.

And was surprised that KOKOMAN and you are at the same table and didnt even know it.

Does it really make a difference if it's brand new or not? Sometimes I think people just look for ways to join the BTB club, that stands for Born to B*tch :o

I am far from one of those "worst cruise ever" posters that complains about everything. You can see in this thread that I acknowledge both sides without taking offense when people disagree with me.

I simply stated 2 things. Carnival is representing the ship as new exactly the same way they are marketing their real newbuild. Also, this is going to be a crowded ship. Sunshine will be smaller, but will hold more people than the Conquest currently in NOLA. If you don't agree, so be it. Have fun on board (and take plenty of pics).

Everything else about the ship looks really nice. Oops I didn't mean to say that since you have initiated me into the BTB club.

I am far from one of those "worst cruise ever" posters that complains about everything. You can see in this thread that I acknowledge both sides without taking offense when people disagree with me.

Seems that the acolytes have some free time in their schedule today. ;)

I am far from one of those "worst cruise ever" posters that complains about everything. .

It doesn't matter. To some if you make one small comment that isn't absolutely 100% glowing and positive, you need to be put in your place.

The most insane part of the entire mentality is these people are so adamantly anti-Cruise Critic, yet they post on here even when they are on a freaking cruise...

:confused:

Really?????

So I just booked destiny for spring break and now Im wondering how good of shape is the ship in. Im really hopping Im not taking my family on a old looking ship. i been reading reveiws and watching youtube video's it looked good just need to see what everyone else say

I'm looking forward to the changes. I've read about all of the new venues. Has anyone heard if they are going to "de-Farcus" the decor? Please say yes. While I have enjoyed his designs over the years, his style is getting dated. It's one reason I'm really looking forward to the Breeze and future builds.

So I just booked destiny for spring break and now Im wondering how good of shape is the ship in. Im really hopping Im not taking my family on a old looking ship. i been reading reveiws and watching youtube video's it looked good just need to see what everyone else say

Destiny will be fine. There just aren't as many amenities as the newer ships. Destiny will be in the same or better shape than Monarch (that I see in your signature). The cabins will be nicer and much larger than Monarch's. The public spaces will also be larger and nicer (in a Vegas way).

This guy's video gives a nice tour:

Enjoy your cruise!

I'm looking forward to the changes. I've read about all of the new venues. Has anyone heard if they are going to "de-Farcus" the decor? Please say yes. While I have enjoyed his designs over the years, his style is getting dated. It's one reason I'm really looking forward to the Breeze and future builds.

Yes - Sunshine will be like Breeze. The interior won't be Farcused up.

I disagree. You knew it was a retro fit. They

aren't trying to hide it. What's the big deal? who gives a rats azzzz.

I'm a newbie to Carnival and no, I didn't know it was a retro fit. I saw the main page of their website yesterday and thought, "oh a new ship, I didn't know they built a new ship" and then moved on to look up something else.

If it wasn't for this post I wouldn't have known that it was a retro fit.

Seriously....how does one who is enjoying their cruise find so much time to be HERE????? :confused:

Seriously I dont know. I couldnt do it. I wouldnt have the time. Even with the free internet on RCCL I dont

I do read them thou:D

http://travel.travelocity.com/ecruise/ShipFinder.do

What's that saying: Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

Average space ratio on the 6 main cruise lines that have a large presence in the US.

#1 - HAL 42.8

#2 - Celebrity 41.8

#3 - Princess 40.3

#4 - RCCL 40.1

#5 - NCL 38.0

#6 - CCL 36.2

This is before you factor in the Sunshine and with RCCL having 2 ships with the worst space ratio of any ships of these 6 lines.

Epic success.

Gregg

It reminds me of the Fantasy Class upgrade they did. They added the Waterworks, took out the basketball :mad:, added Mongolian, Sushi, and probably other food stations, and they added more people per room too by adding the BORG-ish cube they stuck in the middle to create balconies.

Star Trek fan? I love the phrase BORG-ish cube. It does seem that what they are planning is indeed similar to the upgrades on the Fantasy class ships. I sailed on a Fantasy class ship last month (the Imagination) and the Waterworks is nice if you have kids, but there was no mistaking that this was on old ship. But, not necessarily inferior, as we had a blast on this cruise.

Archived