PV - Pirate Ship Question

RWC123

I have booked the Pirate ship directly for my family for our June cruise on Splendor. The cost difference is more than 50%...only problem...they asked me what hotel I was staying at...I imagine if I confess I'm on a cruise they will refuse my booking. Anybody have any experience with this? suggestions? hotels near port? Thanks!!

Hotel near the port is Hotel Krystal.

But keep in mind Splendor in general docks around 10 am local time, which might be too late , Check the departure time.

If they know you arrive on the ship maybe they wait for you.

You are correct that they would refuse your booking. And its just not the Pirate Ship. The largest local PV tour company (Vallarta Adventures) which runs many different types of tours will also not accept bookings from cruise passengers. The reason is just business. These outfits work with the cruise lines (who sell their tours onboard at higher prices) and do not want to compete with themselves. In PV it gets even more absurd because some of the tour companies will give a huge discount to those who hold a Mexican FM2 or FM3 Visa (which means they are residents). It is the way it is!

Hank

From the content and advice on these boards it seems this is a common practice to save $$. I am going to remain in stealth mode and just keep my cruise identity on the DL. The excursion meets/leaves from the main maritime terminal at 11am so I assume this is in the vicinity of the ship ports? Thanks for the info!

From the content and advice on these boards it seems this is a common practice to save $$. I am going to remain in stealth mode and just keep my cruise identity on the DL. The excursion meets/leaves from the main maritime terminal at 11am so I assume this is in the vicinity of the ship ports? Thanks for the info!

Yes it is almost next to eachother in the port. Be aware you most likely will have to pay porttax in this case. It will be Pesos 20.- per person.

Not sure who you may have booked the excursion thru but you might want to check the excursion operator's own web site to confirm details.

This excursion normally leaves between 9 - 10 AM Vallarta local time. I have never seen it leave as late as 11 AM.

http://www.pirateshipvallarta.com/pirate-ship-day-show.html

If you take a hard look at this picture, you will see a "T" shaped dock area astern and to the left of the Carnival ship. This is the excursion boat dock. The Marigalante will be docked there or at the dock occupied by the HAL ship in the photo.

2318677640078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

Since you booked this excursion independently, your party will have to exit the dock area and then re-enter through the excursion entrance. I believe the entry port entry fee is 20 pesos per person.

I booked the excursion directly through the operator PV Pirate Ship. Emails between myself and company stated that they are expecting cruise ship(s) in port that day (6/28/12) and will be leaving the Main Maritime area at 10:45-11am. It is a six hour excursion. The port re-entry fee of 20 pesos ($2US) is not really an issue since I booked a family of six for a total of $398 and CC wanted $700 +tax.

Archived