Belize Shore Excursions Suggestions

munchkin002

Morning!

Going on Star out of New Orleans in November. Belize is 1 of our stops. Would love your suggestions and opinions on excursion to do or to stay away from. Traveling with DH and two boys, 14 and 10.

Thanks for your insight!!

We've been there twice. Cave tubing was great (did it with cave-tubingDOTcom) and so was the ship excursion to the Mayan ruins at Lamanai. A boat ride up the river and then the ruins- maybe the best excursion we have ever done. Going back next year. I WOULD NOT go out and walk around Belize City on my own.

Another vote for cave tubing with cavetubing dot com. They were fabulous. If you don't mind a bit of a trek through the jungle to get to the location then you will love it. My then 16 and 18 y.o. boys thought Belize excursion was highlight of the trip. The staff is courteous and goes out of their way to make every person feel special. They gave us a little tour of the city on the way out to the caves. We also went by the world famous Belize Zoo. You won't be disappointed!!

There is also video on youtube if you google "cave tubing in Belize" it will come up. One of the videos is narrated by a guy named Dennis that works for cave tubing. He was by far one of the funniest characters I have met.

Last year my BF and I did the "Jungle Bike Tour" (or something like that) through NCL and we loved it! We did a not too strenuous bike through the jungle/forest, had a traditional Belizean lunch, and got to hang out a gorgeous pool oasis area after that. We loved the experience, it was our favorite excursion of the cruise.

Happy Cruising!

OK. This is a little embarrassing. Let's just say that I have a rather large derriere. Will it fit in a cave tube? The last time we went to the Atlantis Resort I couldn't sit in the tube I had to put it around me.

OK. This is a little embarrassing. Let's just say that I have a rather large derriere. Will it fit in a cave tube? The last time we went to the Atlantis Resort I couldn't sit in the tube I had to put it around me.

I think so. Go to cave-tubing dot com and look at their video and see what you think.

Our family went on Carnival Glory three years ago to Belize and the highlight of this cruise was the Range Rover tour. Dad gets to drive a vehicle off-road and basically beat the crap out of it as it is truly off road, you travel in a group and make a few stops, have lunch and take a bus back.

The kids still talk about it anad we are going on NCL and doing this again.

When I was doing research I saw that they said the weight limit was 300+ lbs

We went to Lamanai with our two boys ages 4 and 6.5 yrs and they LOVED IT. It was one of the highlights of the cruise. Yes the bus ride is long, but the boat ride through the mangroves is phenomenal, and the ruins are impressive. (I've been to Egypt and still thought these ruins were very interesting.) We did a bit of research with the boys on the ruins before we went, so we could split off from our group and guide while at a particular structure and do our own thing if they needed to move around. It certainly added to the trip, and once our guide saw that the boys knew a bit about the site, she answered many questions from them.

If your boys are at all interested in history, it's absolutely amazing.

Archived