Door signs - Tacky?

I love the creativity, and I think it makes people smile, which is always a good thing. Smiling because they think it's cute, or smiling but shaking their heads... still smiling. I've never done it before, but I think this year we will! I'll take door signs over drunks running into us, stuck in an elevator with a person swearing, noisy neighbors, etc.

And if your TEENAGER wants to make a sign, whether for fun or to embarass you, go for it!

I remember our first cruise I wanted to take pictures of our food but, "what would other people think?" So I didn't do it much. Really regretted it. Now I don't give a hoot what other people might think, and I take all the food pictures I want to. :)

I take food photos everywhere including the ritzy places (in fact at the Ritz Dining Room in SF!). I also include them in my scrapbook.

You are my kind of stodgy.:)

I agree!

.It will stick to the door better of it is tacky. :D

:D

I always decorate my door. Never once thought it was tacky... I guess if the decorations were in poor taste that might be tacky.

On one cruise we shared the ship with some "parrotheads". They had the BEST door decorations. Really made walking down the hallway a fun experience.

I tied a red ribbon on the door handle which was visible from the lifts. It was so handy for us but then we heard lots of other people using the ribbon to work out where their cabin was

We used to put a colored ribbon on our luggage to make it easier to find on disembarkation.... now we find "our" luggage many times over... have to think up something new.

Life is full of celebrations...we decorate our homes for Christmas, carve pumpkins for the porch at Halloween, put up ribbons and bunting for the 4th of July. No doubt others will also declare these as "tacky".

A cruise is also a celebration...floating on an ocean! Away from work, stress, the day to day stuff. So I decorate my door to celebrate and so do my grown children when they cruise. It's fun and part of the planning and excitement! Life, (and a cruise), is too short not to squeeze every bit of fun out of it we can!

It will stick to the door better of it is tacky. :D

Darn spell correction and/ or fat finger.

Should have read:

It will stick to the door better if it is tacky. :D

I always decorate our door. Some say it's tacky, but it's my vacation and my door for the week, LOL.

I usually decorate it with things and pictures of different excursions for the ports we're going to.

thats how i feel......who cares...plus it helps me find my door at night.....:eek::D

i will be decorating mine

Cruise critic has a door poster you can also use.

quote]

Hi there

Can you tell me where to find these posters??? THANXXX

Originally Posted by hannahsmomtoo viewpost.gif

We embark on my birthday.. and my 13 year old daughter wants to make a door sign that says "It's my birthday" or something similar..

I have heard of people doing this...

FUN IT UP!!!!!!! Last year for our first cruise I decorated our door, my parents door and my Brother/sis in law doors with pic of the ship, all the Nemo Characters, Palm trees and Pcitures of the Sun. Its our cruise...we paid big $$ and its my door for the week! It was a great way to find our door without looking at the numbers and the ppl on either side of us said they loved the door because it clued them into their rooms!! No one ripped the pictures off or wrote on them.....

Love the door decorations! On out RCCL - AOS cruise we had a cabin crawl and it was great having everyone's cabin door's with the same decorations on them. So many people commented on them .... One family even asked if after the cruise they could have the sign. (of course we gave it to them - because we had more)

Do it - embrace it!

OceanDreams

Sure it might be tacky, but who cares?! And since when is tacky bad? LOL

My birthday is on one of our "at sea" days and I fully intend on having my door decorated, reserving a lounge chair with birthday decorations and possibly wearing a plastic tiara all day.

TACK-I-FUL! And I don't care!

Just got off the Carnival Conquest Sunday: I did not see ONE door sign! Not one! I took some mardi gras bead to hang and they kept disappearing (although that did not surprise me). I had my son's room decorated for "bon voyage" and would stick a streamer in the "mailbox" holder outside the door. Those disappeared too.

I was disappointed there were no decorations.

Archived