O/v guarantee upgrade

tigerwilf

Hi, I have just got my cabin number with about 6 weeks till my cruise, I have 173 on the riviera deck is there any chance it will be upgraded or is this final. Also once onboard can you upgrade if the are any cabins available and are they much cheaper than booking in advance. Thankyou

I am thinking that this will probably be the room you will be in. You are lucky...I was assigned my cabin for a guarantee room 520 days out. Talk about disappointed because no upgrades. I always like the anticipation of not knowing where I might end up...sorta took the fun out of it.

Usually you can't upgrade when you get there because the cruise lines sail full.

And I cruise sooner than you and am still waitiing for my cabin asssignment...I am obsessed with it and look several times a day. I've even tried to order off of Bon Voyage, putting in dozens of possible cabin #s to see if my cabin pops up....and nada.

I think you could still get upsold. You can try calling CCL (or TA if you used one) and ask them how much it would be to upgrade your cabin. I am debating doing this myself. I have a feeling I'm going to be put in a forward extended balcony on deck 5 (of the Pride) and I'd really rather be aft-ish (plan to spend many hours on the Serenity deck). There is a nice big premium balcony that is aft on deck 8...I keep thinking about trying to upgrade to that. It's over the pizza kitchen though and that thing runs 24 hours a day. But you won't likely be able to upgrade once you get on the ship...the ship will probably be pretty full.

Carnival has a stated policy in FAQs, that they always sail full, dont ask once onboard. They put out a sign saying full at the desk too.

If you want a upgrade, be sure and do it before you cruise.

Ive never had a assigned cabin from a gty change later. Im sure it could happen, but more than likely no chance.

Archived