Painful to see a price drop

[quote name='parddr']I understand that I was ok with the price I paid for the cruise in the first place. But when you see that a price has dropped $700 and they won't do anything it does hurt alittle. Between American airlines changing our outbound flight 3 times already and our inbound flight once already this trip has just gotten even better.[/QUOTE]

Its better than staying home.

[quote name='MaryJane91730']I am upset because now they are telling they were not offering the 55 and over promotion when I booked in January for an April sailing.... Now all I hear from my relatives is what a deal they got for booking at the last minute....ugh....[/quote]
Hope that you got a better deal on airfare than your relatives!:D

[quote name='dachshunddoglover'][SIZE=3]No ~ it's not too early to have a drink. I will have one for you. DO keep checking every day, several times a day for some Junior Suites to open up. It may happen and you might score a really nice cabin. Are you aware there are websites to help you keep up with that? Email me if you need some info. I love your positive attitude. Wish I was at your dining table. You seem to be so nice. Have a great time on your sailing. :D[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]E-Beth[/SIZE][/quote]

I Love you little dog pic. OMG adorable. I have heard of the websites. I used 1 website for the longest time but it wasn't working properly so I stopped. I was checking 3-5 times aday for the deals and different cabins. Nothing yet. We have great cabins now. Right passed the hump. I will be a great time. Thanks.

[quote name='gelo7'][COLOR=navy][SIZE=3][B]Ditto....[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote]

Actually when we booked the cruise I thought it was high and was looking multiple times daily for a price drop. Doesn't Everybody?????? I can afford cruises or I wouldn't go. Don't you look for better deals after you book or are you satisfied with the price when you book?

[quote name='parddr']Actually when we booked the cruise I thought it was high and was looking multiple times daily for a price drop. Doesn't Everybody?????? I can afford cruises or I wouldn't go. Don't you look for better deals after you book or are you satisfied with the price when you book?[/QUOTE]Actually no, we don't look for better deals because we don't have the luxury that you guys do of cancelling and rebooking multiple times without penalty.

If we cancel we lose our deposit, if we change cabins we get charged a fee per person, if we transfer to another sailing we get charged what amounts to 50% of the deposit as an amendment fee per person.

So when we book, we have to be happy with the price we commit to, we don't have the luxury of swapping and changing at will. IMHO you get a great deal in the US being able to change your minds, we don't.

My TA always gives me the reduced price if it goes down before the final payment is due if on the other hand I have made the final payment I get this back in onboard credit, a couple of years ago we had $700 onboard credit on the Explorer due to a large price reduction.

Archived