Painful to see a price drop

I Logged into RCCL this morning and my cruise has dropped $700.00 and there is nothing I can do about it. Very painful. And that is just mine. The 2 other cabins in our party both $500.00. Makes me sick. Might have to reconsider when I book cruises from no on and just take the chance of getting a cabin.

I Logged into RCCL this morning and my cruise has dropped $700.00 and there is nothing I can do about it. Very painful. And that is just mine. The 2 other cabins in our party both $500.00. Makes me sick. Might have to reconsider when I book cruises from no on and just take the chance of getting a cabin.

Is a higher cabin category priced the same as or lower than what you paid? If so, you can request an upgrade.

I called and they said I was already in the highest balcony room there was and that all cabins suite category's are sold out. I'm almost in tears about this. $1,700 between 3 cabins. :( :(:( Is it to early for a drink.

I called and they said I was already in the highest balcony room there was and that all cabins suite category's are sold out. I'm almost in tears about this. $1,700 between 3 cabins. :( :(:( Is it to early for a drink.

Unless you are looking for upgrades, its best to just not check anymore after final payment for price drops :) Its hard to break the habit but it will save you the heartache in the end lol.

Same thing just happened to us but only one cabin. We could not upgrade because we were in a D1 and all suites were sold out. Makes you think about booking early or late!

However, we have cruised a lot and never seen this happen before, and have in the past received credits when the price went down; so it's all part of the "game." You win some; you lose some.

Ouch!! :eek:

I understand that I was ok with the price I paid for the cruise in the first place. But when you see that a price has dropped $700 and they won't do anything it does hurt alittle. Between American airlines changing our outbound flight 3 times already and our inbound flight once already this trip has just gotten even better.

Were there only a few rooms left in your category? When there are only a few leftover cabins that are in really bad locations, I don't think it hurts as much. However, when there are 20-30 cabins left and there is a price drop like that, it most certainly hurts.

Is a higher cabin category priced the same as or lower than what you paid? If so, you can request an upgrade.

You have to be the go to gal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

never too early to drink, this happens on all lines, people that need air need to book early to get a decent fair, people living near ports are lucky they can wait and book later and possibly get a great bargain.

It's never too early to drink!!

It's 22 days to your cruise. Could you have waited until today, gotten the cabins you wanted & made the necessary arrangements to be there on the 31st? Best bet is to stop looking after final.................

I understand that I was ok with the price I paid for the cruise in the first place. But when you see that a price has dropped $700 and they won't do anything it does hurt alittle. Between American airlines changing our outbound flight 3 times already and our inbound flight once already this trip has just gotten even better.

book at the last minute, but check how much (more$$$)your air will cost booking the last minute:rolleyes:

That would bother me too. I love like feeling like I got things at a bargain. It bothers me when I buy something and then the same item goes on sale a few weeks later.

Our cruise has done nothing but go up, and we still don't sail for another 2 months. A D6 (one category lower than what I booked) is going for almost $4100 for 2 people!!!! Our cruise and our airfare combined didn't even come to $3000.

It's all the luck of the draw when you book.

I feel your pain!! DH and I booked our Adventure cruise this April over 6 months ago. We paid $1899pp for an aft JS. Price remained rock steady up until final payment. Day after final payment, price dropped to $1499 :mad: No biggie, I just kept telling myself that we saved close to that by booking our airline tickets early. Then a few weeks ago, it dropped to $949pp :eek: For a 7 day in a JS! That's literally half of what we paid!

Still thrilled to be going as I've never done this itenerary and also have never done an aft JS. Lesson learned though. If we decide to do a San Juan departure again, I will probably just book the airfair early, then wait for the price drops after final payment to book the cruise. Worst case scenario, we end up with a land vacation in San Juan. Still better than being "out" $1900.

Oh, wanted to add, there hasn't been an upgrade from a JS available since we booked. So no upgrading due to price drop available for us either.

I feel your pain!! DH and I booked our Adventure cruise this April over 6 months ago. We paid $1899pp for an aft JS. Price remained rock steady up until final payment. Day after final payment, price dropped to $1499 :mad: No biggie, I just kept telling myself that we saved close to that by booking our airline tickets early. Then a few weeks ago, it dropped to $949pp :eek: For a 7 day in a JS! That's literally half of what we paid!

Still thrilled to be going as I've never done this itenerary and also have never done an aft JS. Lesson learned though. If we decide to do a San Juan departure again, I will probably just book the airfair early, then wait for the price drops after final payment to book the cruise. Worst case scenario, we end up with a land vacation in San Juan. Still better than being "out" $1900.

Oh, wanted to add, there hasn't been an upgrade from a JS available since we booked. So no upgrading due to price drop available for us either.

In the future, a better strategy might be to book your airfare, and book the cheapest room on the ship. It might be easier to upgrade later. If not, you still have a place on the ship.

I've been reading a lot of posts where people book D's and E's and then all the higher categories are sold out at the end.

book at the last minute, but check how much (more$$$)your air will cost booking the last minute:rolleyes:

Save your sarcasm emoticon, because you're wrong.

First of all, what is considered "last-minute" for booking a cruise is still well outside what airlines consider "last-minute." The OP apparently is still 22 days out from her cruise. There's usually no difference in price when booking airfare whether you're three weeks out or three months out (absent a specific sale of course). Booking a last-minute cruise would only be difficult if you're trying to do it within one or two weeks of a cruise.

Moreover, even if you were to try to book a cruise within a couple of weeks of sailing, what a lot of people don't realize is that it is sometimes much easier to use frequent flyer points then than it is six or nine months earlier. Airlines open up additional FF seats close to departure date if the flight is below expected capacity.

Buy the airfare first ahead of time..that's what we do. (as well as getting time off from work as well)

I don't understand the "you were ok with the price when you booked it"...comment at all? Of course we ALL want a better bargain on anything we purchase. I've gotten money back on airfares, car rentals, and even hotel room reservations but cruises just won't budge. I've taken back receipts to stores when clothing or flooring has gone on sale after I've purchased it (within a reasonable amount of time of course). If I purchase something and it's lower later on...of course, I'm doing my best to save money. This is a no brainer.

I'm sorry but $1,700 is A LOT of money. I will drink with you on that one. I still hope you have a great cruise regardless of the money. Anyone can flame me if they wish, makes me no difference.

<now books past final payment date...

We're on a 16-night TA this April. We booked a JS at $1849 per person. Prices went down after final payment to $1349 per person with all other Suites sold out. No where to go. Just have to shrug it off and take the $1000 hit.

I see this sort of price drop all the time on TA's. In the future, I vow not to book a TA unless it is ATER finaly payment time. On other cruises we would be going on (12 nights or longer), the prices don't drop THIS MUCH, in my experience.

Save your sarcasm emoticon, because you're wrong.

First of all, what is considered "last-minute" for booking a cruise is still well outside what airlines consider "last-minute." The OP apparently is still 22 days out from her cruise. There's usually no difference in price when booking airfare whether you're three weeks out or three months out (absent a specific sale of course). Booking a last-minute cruise would only be difficult if you're trying to do it within one or two weeks of a cruise.

Moreover, even if you were to try to book a cruise within a couple of weeks of sailing, what a lot of people don't realize is that it is sometimes much easier to use frequent flyer points then than it is six or nine months earlier. Airlines open up additional FF seats close to departure date if the flight is below expected capacity.

Really???? Cause my airfare for a trip to DC in May has gone up $100 since I bought it 2 weeks ago...so it sounds to me that airfare...LIKE Cruise Prices can & DO fluxuate...so booking a cruise at the last minute for someone who needs to fly may or may not be a good strategy...just like booking a cruise early may or may not be...

Understand that we all want to know we got a deal but at some point you just have to accept the decison made and go enjoy the cruise.

When booking a cruise the things that are important to me are :

• Does the cost including taxes and port charges fit into the per day average that I'm willing to pay ?
  • Can I get the cabin selection and location that best suites my needs ?
  • Does it sail from a port that I can get a farely reasonable airfare or use air miles ?

If a cruise fits into the above criteria than I book it knowing that I'm happy with the price I paid regardless of price drops and I got my choice of cabin/location.

If the price drops and I'm able to take advantage of it without having to change my cabin location than I consider it a plus. Remember that being upgraded due to a price drop doesn't always mean that you end with a good cabin location. It can mean you end up with a cabin in a better catagory but not necessarily a good location. You could end up below the pool deck being woken up while crew is cleaning the deck.

Really???? Cause my airfare for a trip to DC in May has gone up $100 since I bought it 2 weeks ago...so it sounds to me that airfare...LIKE Cruise Prices can & DO fluxuate...so booking a cruise at the last minute for someone who needs to fly may or may not be a good strategy...just like booking a cruise early may or may not be...

How do you know if a certain Family Suites goes down in price ? since they don't show on the internet. you have to call for prices? We had 5 to our party.

That has never been our experience.:confused:

How do you know if a certain Family Suites goes down in price ? since they don't show on the internet. you have to call for prices? We had 5 to our party.

Yes,you have to call......and if there are any left,they can tell you what they are going for..

Archived