Airport transfers in Rome on a TA cruise?

BarbaraB2

What happens on TA cruise that ends in Rome? What is the earliest we can disembark? Do you go through customs?

How much time do we need to get to the airport? Will it be possible to get to the airport for a 12:25 flight if I have a limo drive us on a Saturday (less traffic)?

Thank you!

What happens on TA cruise that ends in Rome? What is the earliest we can disembark? Do you go through customs?

How much time do we need to get to the airport? Will it be possible to get to the airport for a 12:25 flight if I have a limo drive us on a Saturday (less traffic)?

Thank you!

I would be very cautious taking a flight on the day you disembark. There are so many factors that could come into play. The ship could be late or not clear customs right away, there could be a car accident or a traffic jam on the way to the airport. It is about an hour and a half to the airport, best to plan on two hours- then you need to check in two hours early for an international flight and yes you will need to go through customs at the airport. I know people that have done it but I personally opt to enjoy at least a day post cruise in beautiful Rome rather than be stressed out about making my flight. If you are looking for a driver contact Stefano at romecabs@yahoo.com we use him every year and he is fantastic.

Walk off with your bags (must do this without assistance), have limo waiting (about and hour and a half to airport) even with security checks you would make the flight about 95% of the time. You will have to clear customs (post cruise).Heartily agree that if you haven't spent time in Rome you should give that very strong consideration. Be willing/flexible to accept an unforeseen delay causing you to be in Rome and miss your flight (wow-

really expensive),,,,,good luck, whatever you decide.

A 12:25 flight is OK. You can even take ship's transfers, althought they may not be the best, cost wise. The drive is about an hour. If you are off by 8:30, you will be fine. The biggest slowdown is if you are getting on a flight direct to the USA- the security procedures can take a long time. NO customs. Just Passport Control- what we call Immigration.

If you don't use ship's transfers, get a private car. DON"T use a taxi, it is the most expensive method.

I agree with the others- Rome is worth a couple days of your time after your cruise.

Unless you have visited Rome before...... I can't imagine taking a cruise all the way to Europe, ending in Rome and NOT staying at least a day there.......

Rome is our favorite city BTW but even if it wasn't- so much to see and do there. Wonderful place.

Thank you all, for your guidance. I have contacted private transfer companies and they all agree, we should have plenty of time to make our flight. And, YES, we have been to Rome a couple of times but, unfortuantely, we must return home on May 5 this time. We'll just have to return soon!

Archived