Propulsion problems on Liberty - 10:30 arrival to Miami on 3/10

scgamecock

same here.. I've been in a tizzy all week with the potential Air Canada strikes affecting us :mad:, really didn't need this on top..:eek:

here's to quick resolutions and smooth sailing

there will not be a strike the Feds have already stepped in to say as much...

same here.. I've been in a tizzy all week with the potential Air Canada strikes affecting us :mad:, really didn't need this on top..:eek:

here's to quick resolutions and smooth sailing

This may ease your mind about your air travel at least!

http://news.sympatico.ctv.ca/home/lawyer_wonders_if_air_canada_union_have_secret_deal/d59e8ced

from the description 2 ideas come to mind 1. ship hit a large whale causing a bent propeller blade 2, one blade of propeller broke off (due to defect in propeller) When I worked for Exxon on their tankers the Exxon Wilimington lost a propeller blade, so it is possible.

from the description 2 ideas come to mind 1. ship hit a large whale causing a bent propeller blade 2, one blade of propeller broke off (due to defect in propeller) When I worked for Exxon on their tankers the Exxon Wilimington lost a propeller blade, so it is possible.

I would hate to think they hit a whale!!!

We are also headed out in three weeks! Get fixed fast Liberty - Spring Break for us Michiganders doesn't wait for propulsion issues!

Hope they have it fixed within the next week or so. I cruise in 3 weeks.

We too are on the Liberty in three weeks, and had previously been on a Destiny Half Speed cruise. I hope they get it fixed. There is a roll call and meet and greet planned for just after sailaway at the Red Frog if you want to join in....

We've reached out to Carnival for a status update on the Carnival Liberty situation and received the following statement:

CARNIVAL LIBERTY STATEMENT

March 10, 2012- 12:00 p.m. EST

Carnival Liberty is experiencing a propulsion problem that is affecting its cruising speed. As a result, the ship arrived at the Port of Miami this morning at approximately 11 a.m. Technicians continue to work on the problem. The ship's arrival was also further delayed due to a crew member medical evacuation.

All of the Carnival Liberty’s on-board systems are operating normally.

Carnival Liberty operates year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises from Miami.

According to a Carnival spokesperson, the ship is now scheduled to depart from Miami at 6 p.m. today. We will keep you posted with any further updates.

We're booked on the Liberty for 4-7-2012. Do you think this problem is bad enough that they'll have to change the itinerary? I really don't want to do the Bahamas for a week when we're scheduled to do the Western Carribean. Not wild about the Bahamas except for a few of the small islands that can't accomodate a cruise ship. Did the Western route on the Legend back in 2008 which was pretty good, especially when we traveled with all our kids--2 adult daughters, 1 son-in-law and our 9 year old. Went on the Glory this past summer to Canada and was a bit disappointed in the changes of Carnival but decided to give it another chance with the friends we traveled to Canada with. We got a great deal and our friends had never cruised before so they had nothing to compare it with. Have to say, I saw a lot of changes, and not for the better even back in 2008 and things have just gone down hill from there. We went with my best friend and her daughter who is the same age as mine. Canada in July was cold and the weather was terrible so we agreed to cruise again, the four of us, to some place warm. My first cruise ever was on RC and it was a bit "stuffy" for singles in their 20's so we went with Carnival after that and were very happy (7 cruises worth of happy). Saw changes in 2008, disappointed in Canada cause it was like being at home in spring (live in SE CT) and many more cuts and changes were noted. Now I'm anxious that this trip is going to be a bust. Oh well, if so there are other lines to explore in the future cause I won't stop cruising!

I have been on many Carnival crusies in my early years of crusing. They are not first class as I found out going on other crusies. I have been on over 30 crusies. Now that Carnival has bought many of the cruise lines I have seem a big differce in the class of those ship which I have been on before. With Carnival you get what you pay for.

CARNIVAL LIBERTY STATEMENT

March 10, 2012- 12:00 p.m. EST

Carnival Liberty is experiencing a propulsion problem that is affecting its cruising speed. As a result, the ship arrived at the Port of Miami this morning at approximately 11 a.m. Technicians continue to work on the problem. The ship's arrival was also further delayed due to a crew member medical evacuation.

All of the Carnival Liberty’s on-board systems are operating normally.

Carnival Liberty operates year-round seven-day Caribbean cruises from Miami.

According to a Carnival spokesperson, the ship is now scheduled to depart from Miami at 6 p.m. today. We will keep you posted with any further updates.

We're booked on the Liberty for 4-7-2012. Do you think this problem is bad enough that they'll have to change the itinerary? I really don't want to do the Bahamas for a week when we're scheduled to do the Western Carribean. Not wild about the Bahamas except for a few of the small islands that can't accomodate a cruise ship. Did the Western route on the Legend back in 2008 which was pretty good, especially when we traveled with all our kids--2 adult daughters, 1 son-in-law and our 9 year old. Went on the Glory this past summer to Canada and was a bit disappointed in the changes of Carnival but decided to give it another chance with the friends we traveled to Canada with. We got a great deal and our friends had never cruised before so they had nothing to compare it with. Have to say, I saw a lot of changes, and not for the better even back in 2008 and things have just gone down hill from there. We went with my best friend and her daughter who is the same age as mine. Canada in July was cold and the weather was terrible so we agreed to cruise again, the four of us, to some place warm. My first cruise ever was on RC and it was a bit "stuffy" for singles in their 20's so we went with Carnival after that and were very happy (7 cruises worth of happy). Saw changes in 2008, disappointed in Canada cause it was like being at home in spring (live in SE CT) and many more cuts and changes were noted. Now I'm anxious that this trip is going to be a bust. Oh well, if so there are other lines to explore in the future cause I won't stop cruising!

miyasmom - We just got back from a cruise on Carnival Glory and we were very disappointed in the food quality on Glory. We will be graduating from Carnival and trying Celebrity or Holland American which our friends cruise on.

I have been on many Carnival crusies in my early years of crusing. They are not first class as I found out going on other crusies. I have been on over 30 crusies. Now that Carnival has bought many of the cruise lines I have seem a big differce in the class of those ship which I have been on before. With Carnival you get what you pay for.

What does this have to do with this thread? Are you saying that a 7 year old ship is having propulsion issued due to it being a Carnival ship?

Archived