Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

I hate to ask this here but I'm hoping you CD experts may know the answer :D How long (typically) are the CD rotations and breaks?

Thanks for any insight,

Donna

Someone asked Richard Spacey this question on our cruise last week. His reply is that the contracts are variable. Sometimes they are on for 6 weeks, two months, four months, or even longer. Sometimes a contract can be split between two ships, so they'd go directly from one to the other in the middle.

Yes, the love & marriage game show (Monday night) and Quest (Tuesday night) are both held on the 5 night Bermuda cruise. Richard MCs and Leigh is there to assist. So happy that Leigh is filling in as cruise director in Richard's absence as he is truly brilliant. I believe Leigh also was acting cruise director on the Freedom during Richard's breaks.

I totally agree! I had never heard of Leigh until I started organizing the CD list a few months ago, and even then, it was only his unique name that stood out, and not much was mentioned about him in the way of praise or reviews. In our opinion, he is every bit as outstanding and dynamic as Richard Spacey, and deserves the same high accolades and praise that Richard (and others like Graham) receive. He's warm, friendly, and very charming. We absolutely loved him! And, the two of them together were tremendous - they play off of eachother brilliantly.

Thank you. I hope Donna has been having a fabulous cruise.

Keeping things updated for Donna

Thanks Karen for taking over while I was cruising. Our cruise on EX was our best ever, by a long shot. We had more fun on this cruise than on all our previous cruises combined. The cruise director absolutely make a huge difference, and this cruise was definitely proof of that!

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen starting 6/2 *Abel Jeney will return July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Anna Bass starts May 27 for 2 weeks, then Ken Rush will be back on June 10th . (One report has Ken staying through the September 2nd cruise and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (when is his break and who will be the next CD)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9 until June 7th. Leigh Xuereb is currently the Activities Manager, and will take over as CD on June 7. Richard expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (when is his break?) Jimmy Rhodes will be the next CD (start date?)

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Navigator OTS - Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break. Can someone confirm that Amy is back on board?

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard Need Dates

Serenade OTS - Rich Edwards *April 14 through June 22; then Ricky Matthews

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Claudia Periou (when is her break and who is the next CD?)

Voyager OTS - Gordon Whatman *started on 30th April

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Anna Bass, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Anna Bass, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles)

I just noticed that Drew Devine is not shown here.

Drew is assigned to cover Graham's break on Freedom beginning July 29 thru Sept 30

Welcome home Donna. I'm glad you had a great cruise. I asked on a recent Navigator review thread who the CD was, but didn't get an answer. Since Warren is now on the Adventure, that leaves :confused: for the Navigator - perhaps one of the "unassigned". Hopefully someone will let you know soon.

here is the email of the cruise directors boss in miami he the one that switch them around cmcdonald@rccl.com and he will asnwer you aslo he could help you with the list

Thanks for providing this source. I'm not really comfortable emailing the CD boss for info to update this list.

If anyone else would like to step in and use this contact info to fill in some of the gaps in this list, please feel free to post what you find out here!

Currently unassigned: Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Anna Bass, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

I just noticed that Drew Devine is not shown here.

I believe Anna Bass is moving back to Rhapsody when she finishes her 2-weeks on Allure next week.

I believe Anna Bass is moving back to Rhapsody when she finishes her 2-weeks on Allure next week.

I didn't put an exact date for her to allow for travel and transition time from Allure to Rhapsody

Adventure OTS - Warren Allen starting 6/2 *Abel Jeney will return July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Anna Bass starts May 27 for 2 weeks, then Ken Rush will be back on June 10th . (One report has Ken staying through the September 2nd cruise and another report has him staying through Oct 7th)

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster *started 3/31 (when is his break and who will be the next CD)

Enchantment OTS - Keith Williams started May 17. John Blair returning from his break on July 12.

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey *started March 9 until June 7th. Leigh Xuereb is currently the Activities Manager, and will take over as CD on June 7. Richard expects to return to EX at the end of July/beginning of August, but hasn't received official notification of his next assignment yet.

Freedom OTS - Graham Seymour *off July 29th returning Sept 30th. Staying through to Feb 13th 2013 *Drew Devine covering Graham's break (Confirmed by Graham himself on this thread 4/29 post #307 and #309)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du-Breil until July 13th, returning sometime in September. Luke Aerowsmith will be there July 2nd until September 14th.

Independence OTS - Luke Aerowsmith (started 4/7) Joff Eaton is returning on June 16.

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Carly Boileau will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA for Canada/NE cruises.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes

Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. (who will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 14 through Nov 16?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews *March 31 through first week of June (June 2?); then Amy Fickert said that she's returning to Oasis after her break. Can someone confirm that Amy is back on board?

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June

Splendour OTS - Bill Brunkhorst for the spring/summer season in Europe. João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Currently unassigned: Dan Whitney, Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

Welcome home Donna. I'm glad you had a great cruise. I asked on a recent Navigator review thread who the CD was, but didn't get an answer. Since Warren is now on the Adventure, that leaves :confused: for the Navigator - perhaps one of the "unassigned". Hopefully someone will let you know soon.

Thanks Karen. I also posted, so we'll see.

Warren has probably been off Navigator for a few weeks already, to allow for a break (he was there for a few months) and travel/transition time

I'm sorry. I'm still figuring out how to respond on these boards. I just wanted to add that Allan Brooks was our CD on Allur of the Seas April 15, 2012

Thanks for responding!!! Allan was our CD on Allure last year, and we liked him a lot!

I didn't put an exact date for her to allow for travel and transition time from Allure to Rhapsody.

Sorry Donna, I jumped the gun a bit, I'm not exactly sure of her dates :o

Home from Oasis today, we had Ricky and he was incredible! I didn't hear any mention of this being his last week... he did mention that it was his 8th week on the Oasis. Perhaps someone else who was on our sailing heard otherwise? If not, I hold off stating that Amy is back on the ship until you hear otherwise.

In my humble opinion having sailed now with both Amy and Ricky on Oasis, Amy should never return to the ship because Ricky was just that good! I was wondering if some of y'all oversold him.... not one bit. New favorite cruise director in 27 cruises and it wasn't even close! He really deserves to be the permanent CD of Oasis. A ship like Oasis deserves someone of his talent.

there been a little change up on the allure donna ken rush will on the allure until sep 9 2012 allan brook will be on from sep 9 to sep 30 then jimmy rhodes will take over this is confirm by jimmy rhodes

Interesting...when did you speak to Jimmy? Is he currently on Legend (I was told on Explorer last week that that's where Jimmy is assigned now)

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks *started 4/1; Anna Bass starts May 27 for 2 weeks, then Ken Rush will be back on June 10th until Sept 9, then Jimmy Rhodes.

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney *since March (when is his break?) Jimmy Rhodes will be the next CD (start date?)Liberty OTS - James Andrews until sometime in June (exact date unknown), then Leo Papa

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started May 7. Dave Chapman is returning from his break in mid-July

Rhapsody OTS - Patrick Richard *Anna Bass starts in mid-June

Currently unassigned: Dan Whitney, Mercedes Fuentes, Mike Hunnerup, Simeon Baker, Casey Pelter, Dennis Sciortino (aka Dennis Charles).

chatted with him on facebook ans also chated with anna bass here a copy of my chat with jimmy and ana

May 20

Nick Davila Burgos

• our next cruise is on the allure in sep 2

• we was on the explorerlast november we had luke

<LI class="MessagingMessage uiListItem uiListLight uiListVerticalItemBorder">

187395_835595304_819937263_q.jpgMay 20

Jimmy Rhodes

• I will be going to the Allure at the end of September
    Yesterday

Anna Bass

• Yes, sorry for not getting back earlier. It should be ken Rush for your first cruise, then Allan Brooks. However our schedules always change last minute, so that could possibly change. Take Care

Thanks! I was wondering if Jimmy said anything about going over to Legend between now and then!

I'm not a fan of Jimmy's....I wonder why they put their worst CD on their biggest and best ship.

Will Jimmy Rhodes be on Allure 1-27-13? Is he really that bad?:confused:

The schedule isn't known that far in advance.

Some people like Jimmy, but I didn't care for him at all. He spoke way too fast, he wasn't funny even though he laughed at all his own jokes, he was not warm, friendly or approachable, etc. He really irritated and annoyed me.

Activities and general entertainment paled under his directorship compared to the same activities/entertainment on the same ship a few months later with different cruise directors.

Karen, someone on the 5/20 - 5/27 Navigator cruise posted that Warren was the CD. So, I'm guessing that he left NV after that sailing to go over to AD.

We'd need to hear a report back from the 5/27 sailing, which returns tomorrow, to find out who replaced Warren.

The schedule isn't known that far in advance.

Some people like Jimmy, but I didn't care for him at all. He spoke way too fast, he wasn't funny even though he laughed at all his own jokes, he was not warm, friendly or approachable, etc. He really irritated and annoyed me.

Activities and general entertainment paled under his directorship compared to the same activities/entertainment on the same ship a few months later with different cruise directors.

I agree with everything you said Donna. I have been on lots of RCL cruises and Im sailing on explorer june 7th. The fact he is not the CD has just made my cruise instantly better.

Archived