Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Does anyone know when Leigh will be returning from his break? is it possible that he will cover for Richard?

It doesn't seem likely that he would only take a 3 week break after being on the ship for 6 months (plus I think he came straight over from another ship, so his contract would have been even longer than that).

I'm hoping someone cruising on Explorer soon can find out from Leigh or Richard who will be covering Richard's break, and also if both of them expect to return to Explorer.

Ok thank you. So it is confirmed that Leigh's break starts November 4th? I thought it would have been eariler considering he has been on for a while

He told me so directly just last night so I would consider it confirmed.

He told me so directly just last night so I would consider it confirmed.

Sailor Jo...he or Richard didn't happen to say how long their breaks would be, and whether or not they'd be returning to Explorer?

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12.

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24. Leigh Xuereb is activities manager through November 4. (can someone confirm if Leigh will be back in time to cover Richard's break, or if someone else will be taking over as CD on November 24)

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Clo O'Connor (started with the eastbound TA on May 3 through the westbound TA ending 9/16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (need dates)

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started mid-July until Nov 10

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16

Mariner OTS - Carly Boileau until August (end date? Who will be the next CD?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started May 27 (until when?)

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert *started 6/9 until 10/6 then Ricky Matthews

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20

Serenade OTS - Ricky Matthews started June 22 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup (dates?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Leigh is fantastic. I would have loved to have seen more of him. He would make a great cruise director. He and Richard together had me in stitches!

Leigh s simply the best Activities Director I've experienced in 16 cruises on RCI. We first met him when he was serving as AD under my fave all-time CD, Becky Thomsen. He (and Becky) did a great job when a Voyager full of confrontational New Yorkers (present company included) were diverted from 5-day cruise to Bermuda was diverted to Newfoundland & Nova Scotia courtesy of Tropical Storm Franklin in 2005.

We've seen him on two other ships and he always did a great job. One favorite memory was how he cleared the theater of children in advance of the Love & Marriage Show by singing a particularly dirty ditty that started.. "I want a girlfriend with small hands..." He then said if anyone was offended by that, they should think of leaving before L&M began.

We last saw him during the Oasis' inaugural year with Richard Spacey - a great combo.

My only surprise is that he is not a full CD by now (perhaps he doesn't want it?).

Leigh s simply the best Activities Director I've experienced in 16 cruises on RCI. We first met him when he was serving as AD under my fave all-time CD, Becky Thomsen. He (and Becky) did a great job when a Voyager full of confrontational New Yorkers (present company included) were diverted from 5-day cruise to Bermuda was diverted to Newfoundland & Nova Scotia courtesy of Tropical Storm Franklin in 2005.

We've seen him on two other ships and he always did a great job. One favorite memory was how he cleared the theater of children in advance of the Love & Marriage Show by singing a particularly dirty ditty that started.. "I want a girlfriend with small hands..." He then said if anyone was offended by that, they should think of leaving before L&M began.

We last saw him during the Oasis' inaugural year with Richard Spacey - a great combo.

My only surprise is that he is not a full CD by now (perhaps he doesn't want it?).

In my conversations with him, this seemed like it might be the case. He's filled in as CD on Majesty, Serenade, Explorer and others. But, he seems to be content working as Richard's "side-kick", and he specifically asked to be placed on Explorer because his girlfriend works on that ship.

One of the things about him that really stood out to us is that he's not always "on" in his cruise director/activities manager persona. When he's not hosting an event, and he's just out and about the ship, he has this wonderful demeanor, like someone you'd want to hang out and share a friendly meal/drink with

Heard on our cruise to Bermuda this week at Captain's Corner or on the Morning Show' date=' from Leigh, that he is leaving the Explorer today to cover the Jewel for a month.[/quote']

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started June 10th until Sept 9, then Allan Brooks will be on from Sept 9 to Nov 4. Ken Rush expects to return after his break on Nov 4

Explorer OTS - = Richard Spacey started July 19 until November 24.

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine started July 29th. Graham Seymour is returning September 30 through February 3rd, then he's returning again April 7 through July 28. After that, Graham's 3 years on FR is up, and he requested a smaller ship to Alaska or New Zealand, for a change of scenery, but things can change quite quickly or not at all...ship's life (See Graham's thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1676462)

Grandeur OTS - Rico Du Breil until July 22 or 29? Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th. (needs confirmation - we have conflicting info regarding changeover date)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. (Clo O'Connor was scheduled through the westbound TA ending 9/16). Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker until Sept. 17. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet. Mitch Merucci will be filling in as CD during Marc's break Sept 17 through Nov 16

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter from May 11 until August 31. Bobby and Becky Brown will be returning from their break on Aug 29

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang started in Shanghai on June 19 *Gordon Whatman expects to be back for the Australian season (Oct 23?)

Sailing on the Explorer on November 24. Guess we will find out then who will be the CD

Keep following this thread. There's a good chance we'll know sometime before the sailing who the CD will be. (And if you're lucky, Leigh will be back in time to cover Richard's break)

is there any chance leigh will go on break early after september 16th and return to cover Richards break? (I'm hoping leigh will cover for Richard and be the CD for the December sailings)

That's what I was thinking!

I hope someone cruising on Explorer or Jewel in the next few weeks will confirm directly with Richard and/or Leigh what the plan is.

Heard on our cruise to Bermuda this week at Captain's Corner or on the Morning Show' date=' from Leigh, that he is leaving the Explorer today to cover the Jewel for a month.[/quote']

I am glad to see that this post was edited by KewlGuy. I was concerned when I saw the original post, so I got in touch with Clo. She is going home to see her son off to school on his first day of first grade. While this is going to be traumatic for her, it's certainly not the dire situation it sounded like originally.

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Does anyone know when Joff Eaton leaves Indy. List says "thru October". We are sailing on the 6th October sailing and would love to have Joff as CD again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Since he started on June 16, and contracts are usually 4 months, it's a good guess that he'll be there through the middle of October. But, so far, no exact end date has been reported.

Luke Arrowsmith is currently on The Grandeur untill Sept 14th when the energetic Rich Edwards will take over until Nov 7th ish ( direct from the horses mouth )

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney started on July 14 for 4 months. (end date?)

Brilliance OTS - Anna Bass started July 27 (until when?)

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started on July 12. (until when?)

Grandeur OTS - Luke Aerowsmith until September 14th, then Rich Edwards until Nov 7

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started on June 16 thru October (exact end date?) (for feedback on Joff: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1679948)

Jewel OTS - Leigh Xuereb is covering until Sept 16. Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) will be back in Boston on Sept 16 after TA.

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes (until when?)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started July 16 (until when?)

Rhapsody OTS - Casey Pelter started July 20 (until when?)

Splendour OTS - Rich Edwards (until Sept 14?) *João Pereira returns for the fall/winter season in South America

Donna, any other info on explorer after November? I'm sad :( was looking forward to Richard Spacey & Leigh. They sounded like so much fun! On another note, do you know whatever happened to Chris Northey don't see him on anything, did he leave cruising?

Archived