Happy Hour?

skandls

Happy hour is 5 to 6pm

As I remember it, Horizons, Waves and Martinis all had slightly different but overlapping happy hours. They can start as early as 4PM, but I don't recall them running later than 6PM.

Check the daily Currents for the variations being offered on any given day.

As I remember it, Horizons, Waves and Martinis all had slightly different but overlapping happy hours. They can start as early as 4PM, but I don't recall them running later than 6PM.

Check the daily Currents for the variations being offered on any given day.

All the cruises we have been on Happy hour was advertised 5-6pm maybe yours started earlier :D

Afternoon tea was 4-5 in Horizons

Is the O happy hour consistent from ship to ship? What does happy hour mean on Regatta?

They all have Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks from 5-6pm with nibbles in certain bars

It will be in the Nightly newsletter

They all have Happy Hour 2 for 1 drinks from 5-6pm with nibbles in certain bars

It will be in the Nightly newsletter

The daily drink(s) specials are not included in the two for one offer. Plus, I *believe* you must order two of the same drinks such as two gin & tonics not just one and say, a rum & coke even though they are the same category (and price) of drink. I may well be wrong on that as I only had wine at Happy Hour so certainly open to correction.

New to O, does Happy Hour include all drinks eg. cocktails? What about bottles of wine, hic ;)

Cocktails, mixed drinks, beer & GLASSESS of wine :D

excludes the "drink of the day" & high end cognac & scotchs

But if you like your drink then check out their new beverage package then you do not need to wait for happy hour

Cocktails, mixed drinks, beer & GLASSESS of wine :D

excludes the "drink of the day" & high end cognac & scotchs

But if you like your drink then check out their new beverage package then you do not need to wait for happy hour

We just got off the Marina and there has been a change in what drinks are included in the Happy Hour. It is limited to the "Bar Menu" and did not include regular cocktails. My husband tried to order a Bloody Mary (which was not, and never was in 20 days on board the drink of the day) and was told that mixed drinks were no longer included in happy hour. (Nor as previously stated single malt scotch) They do not appear on the bar menu, nor does wine. In additon there had been price increases to $8 for a glass of house wine, which I think was $5.95 on our March TA and Grey Goose vodka is now $10 and I think it was $8 on our TA. We didn't try, but suppose you could order your gin separately and ask for a bottle of tonic and put your own together! I stuck with Jamesons, which is now $8.

But the captain's night was generous and lasted from 5:45-8 pm with free drinks of any kind in all bars.

We just got off the Marina and there has been a change in what drinks are included in the Happy Hour. It is limited to the "Bar Menu" and did not include regular cocktails. .

I guess they changed the bar menu since we were on last year

Wine was included at that time as well as some scotch selections which DH drinks

thanks for the update

We just got off the Marina and there has been a change in what drinks are included in the Happy Hour. It is limited to the "Bar Menu" and did not include regular cocktails. My husband tried to order a Bloody Mary (which was not, and never was in 20 days on board the drink of the day) and was told that mixed drinks were no longer included in happy hour. (Nor as previously stated single malt scotch) They do not appear on the bar menu, nor does wine. In additon there had been price increases to $8 for a glass of house wine, which I think was $5.95 on our March TA and Grey Goose vodka is now $10 and I think it was $8 on our TA. We didn't try, but suppose you could order your gin separately and ask for a bottle of tonic and put your own together! I stuck with Jamesons, which is now $8.

But the captain's night was generous and lasted from 5:45-8 pm with free drinks of any kind in all bars.

So are you saying mixed drinks such as Martinis, Manhattans, Rob Roys, etc are no longer two for one?

On the Insignia which we just recently got off, it was anything on the bar menu which included wine. Is there a different policy for the different ships? The only thing they said no to was the drinks of the day which were priced at $5 per drink. We ended up ordering our cocktails, and it was more reasonable than ordering two $5 drinks.

On the Insignia which we just recently got off, it was anything on the bar menu which included wine. Is there a different policy for the different ships?

I would hope the policy is fleet wide

Make no sense to have different policies for different ships

Perhaps there was new bar staff that did not understand the Happy Hour rules :confused:

Lyn

So are you saying mixed drinks such as Martinis, Manhattans, Rob Roys, etc are no longer two for one?

Matinis were included (not the ones on the Matini's bar menu, which I think have always been excluded since they come in a larger glass) so maybe I should say mixed drinks? I'm not sure what the correct term would be. Single malt scotches were out, but that would not exclude blends. I like Glenlivet so that was out. I can't speak about Rob Roys and Manhattan's since no one we were with ordered them. Perhpas if the drink is composed of only included bar menu alchohol then it's included?

I don't rmember seeing wine on the bar menu, but then I wasn't really looking. I do know there is a separate wine and champagne menu that we saw in the Terrace Cafe and it had wine by the glass starting at $10 except the house wine at $8 and champagne at $15.

Sorry if I have confused things.

I do know there is a separate wine and champagne menu that we saw in the Terrace Cafe and it had wine by the glass starting at $10 except the house wine at $8 and champagne at $15.

Sorry if I have confused things.

Those are different than the actual BAR menus

Isn't that the definition of two for one? Am I missing something? :confused:

I guess it comes down to how fine a point you want to put on it.

Two highballs for the price of one highball, or is it two Gin & Tonics for the price of one of the gin & tonics. I certainly can see some openess to the '2 for 1' without better qualification so I was simply putting it out there in case there are others like me who see in shades of gray (or is it grey?)

A not uncommon variation on '2 for 1' is that one can purchase two similar items and pay the price of the higher one. In this example one could order two highballs even if not the same flavour (yes they have to push a couple of extra buttons). So two highballs for the price on one of them. A strict two of exactly the same would not normally make for a successful promotion - sorry Dorothy, you must choose two identical pairs of the ruby shoes, one pair in red and one pair of green just won't do.

I have only once purchased drinks on O`s Happy Hour and it happened to be two glasses of wine (yes, we shared!) so limited experience with such promotions. I accept your definition of this `two for one`promotion. I suppose it applies the same to their '2 for 1 cruise fares' in that one must book both for the same stateroom and not strictly that I have to travel with a twin :) Hmmm and yet there is a single supplement to ONE of the 2 for 1 prices. Now on to bigger things like how to get that 'free airfare' for free.

Archived