QM2 stateroom has double wall

FamilyVacation2012

I notice from the deck plan that our stateroom on Deck 5 will have one wall that appears to be a double wall. Is this of any significance in terms of noise, space, etc? Thanks.

I believe what you have noticed is the firebreak of end of the "module"/"zone". The structure is of a modular design and made in sort of blocks. More visible on the upper decks where you can see where the modules join together. I don't believe there is anything that runs in between these staterooms, it is just the way she is constructed.

Could be completely wrong though, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am! :)

Do you have a cabin number for us to have a look at the deck plan and see if we can offer any more information maybe?

I notice from the deck plan that our stateroom on Deck 5 will have one wall that appears to be a double wall. Is this of any significance in terms of noise, space, etc? Thanks.

My son had one of these a couple of years ago on the QM2. It was an in hull balcony room and on one side of the balcony there was a metal wall from ceiling to floor. This made the balcony on that side a lot more private than the usual partition.

It is a fire wall. There will be a set of fire doors folded into the wall outside this cabin.

Instead of a partition 3/4 high between balconies, this one will go all the way to the top.

It's cabin 5161. Thanks.

Yep... Nothing sinister... It is just part of the construction. There are no noisy air vents or pipes running behind your headboard or anything.

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

We just had an in-hull balcony cabin like that. We had a full wall on one side of the balcony and the other side has the usual partition with a door that could be used to connect the balconies. I guess the full wall could be a problem if a family had two cabins and wanted to connect the balconies. I can't think of any other drawback. We had no issues with sounds from either side.

I found the doorframe in the hallway (where the fire doors are) quite useful. It helped me recognize my cabin as I approached it.

Archived