FLL earliest baggage check in times ?

Orangefan

A few years ago while returning from a cruise, Delta wouldn't let us check our baggage until 4 hours before the flight. We had to sit and wait and not even get in line( which was going to be at least 1 1/2 hours standing in line before we even got to the desk ) to check your luggage until 4 hours before the flight. And we were not going to stand outside in the sun for hours for the outside check in. The last two times I flew Jet Blue and they just checked you in. This time I will be on US Air and wondered if they follow the no getting in line more than 4 hours ahead. Then you have a long wait going through security and no seat when you get to the gate area. I would appreciate if anyone could clarify the check in policy at FLL.

Sali

I never thought it was a set policy... I fly SWA most time out of FLL (also flown Useless Air) and it has varied between no limit vs two hours vs 4 hours.

I came to the conclusion that it is airline imposed as a way of "crowd control" to allow folks with earlier flight times to check and and have those with later times held back... just my thoughts...

I had the same question in early February about Delta in FLL so I contacted them via E-mail on their website. They came back and confirmed the earliest you can check-in bags at FLL is 4 hours prior to the flight. Not sure about US Air so I suggest asking them either by E-mail or phone.

Thanks everybody ! The flight is at 11:55 am. I will probably do the walk off with my luggage. Then I don't need to search for the luggage and getting a taxi will be easier. I should be near the 4 hour window and will check my luggage and get through security ahead of the large crowds. In November, I did the walk off and things moved fast. Luckily having a seat at the gate was important since people were sitting on the floor also.

Sali

You don't have to sit at your gate. You can sit anywhere in the terminal and show up at your gate at boarding time. I seldom go to my gate until about two minutes before scheduled boarding time--sometimes later if I'm only going for the day and my only bag is my briefcase that goes under the seat in front of me.

Archived