Christmas cruises

wassuup3358

I have only cruised once before to the western carribean on Carnival. We had a great time. I was wondering if anyone has taken a Christmas cruise and what it is like?

We are thinking of doing this. We are not sure where or on what cruise line (if anyone has any suggestions I am listening).

Thanks to all.

Dina

Dina,

We went on the Carnival Valor for this past Christmas and totally enjoyed it. The ship was decorated for the holidays-not overdone-but nice. There will be more families with kids-so keep that in mind. I would go on a cruise at Christmas again-actually my 2 teens are trying to get my to book one for this year-we'll see.( We did the eastern caribbean for the X-mas cruise).

Good luck deciding

Wayne

We have done several Christmas cruises. When we first did them, there were very few children on the ship. Now the ships are loaded with children during the holidays. So if you don't want a lot of children around - avoid the holidays.

Also you will find the prices higher for holiday cruises and those that don't mind children book early. Good cabins go quickly.

we were on the jewel last december 26th so it wasn;t technically a christmas cruise. we didn't feel as though the ship was loaded with kids (i brought 2 myself). we will be on the serenade this december and it WILL be a christmas cruise. we will be 2 families together and can't wait.

We have booked the RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas again for Christmas. She will leave from Galveston and stop at Costa Maya, Cozumel, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman, Key west, and back to Galveston. It is a special cruise 10 days, so Christmas and New Year's will be covered. Our first cruise was at Christmas and we loved it. The decorations were nice, Santa visited, there was a nighta night of carrolling with the staff, and it was nice to be someplace warm (called home on Christmas Eve and there was 10 inches of snow). The weather at the ports was wonderful (mid to low 80s). It seems to be more family oriented at Christmas. The only drawback is the price is higher, but we count the trip as our gift to each other. My sons are getting older (14 and 17 when we sail), so this may be the last cruise for awhile.

We've have done two Christmas Cruises and have booked a third. It is just a very relaxing way to enjoy the holidays with your loved ones.

We have done this with our two daughters and will do it this year. The ships have been decorated for the season. There is a special Christmas dinner and show.

We let each person select one of the shore excursions as their Christmas gift to the family. My dw packs a special Christmas stocking for the girls and sets them out on Christmas day.

It is wonderful way to spend the holidays.:)

We've cruised twice on Christmas cruises. This past Christmas, our cruise was 9 nights and included New Year's too. Both cruises were great. We've also cruised four times earlier in December. The prices are much better--sometimes less than half the price of the holiday cruises. This past year, however, we were constrained by our vacation schedules at work and could only go at Christmas. Fortunately, we found a last-minute deal in November.

We're going on the Island this December. Will get into Hawaii just after Christmas and Hanukkah and leave the afternoon of New Years Eve. Hubby wanted to do this cruise a couple of years ago but it was already booked. Have to decide how many of our daughter's (will be 8) gifts to bring.

We took Navigator over Xmas and New Year. The ship was nicely decorated but I have to say it didn't feel like Xmas to us, just another cruise. Ha! And what's wrong with that? Xmas at home is family gatherings, presents and snow up to your arm-pits.

Archived