Behind the Scenes Tour???

elecktra35

Hello,

According to Captains Club, you can do a "behind the scenes" tour off the ship that is approx 3 hrs long for $150.

It includes a look at several different (typically off limits areas) for regular passengers and it also includes a lunch and wine pairing.

Has anyone done this on Celebrity and is it worth it? We are thinking of doing it if its offered on the Summit in April

Thanks

Hello,

According to Captains Club, you can do a "behind the scenes" tour off the ship that is approx 3 hrs long for $150.

It includes a look at several different (typically off limits areas) for regular passengers and it also includes a lunch and wine pairing.

Has anyone done this on Celebrity and is it worth it? We are thinking of doing it if its offered on the Summit in April

Thanks

I have not done it but our friends (newly acquired on the last cruise - Infinity) did. They said it was fantastic and was well worth it. I cannot comment on whether it is worth it or not but considering their comments on some of the same port excursions that we doid together, I would say go for it.

Cheers Mic:D

I did this on our last Silhouette cruise and it was phenomenal. I got to see all sorts of places that would never really be able to see otherwise. (My wife was planning to go with, but hurt her back and couldn't picture doing all the various stairs, hatch-ways, etc.)

Well worth the money.

I did it on the Eclipse. We went to the bridge and learned about the equipment used to steer the ship, backstage in the theatre and learned about the shows, the people in the shows, the storage etc for the shows, we went into the mooring deck and saw all about it. We also went into the galley of the MDR near the end of lunch and saw the hustle and bustle while they served the food as well as prepared for dinner. We saw the ships stores, including the meat cutting room. What amazed me was how clean the galley, stores and such were. We saw part of the crew area, including the crew dining area. It also included the engine control room, although not the actual engine room (which disappointed some of the men on our tour). If you enjoy watching the videos on the ship where they describe how they do what, you will probably enjoy the behind the scenes tour. I'll own up to the fact that DH and I are nerds, and have science and engineering backgrounds.

What is interesting is that I have done all of the various "behind the scene" tours in the past at no cost. Now they combine them, throw in lunch, and get $150. Isn't that amazing :rolleyes:.

This is a much more in depth tour than the free tours.

I've not done the free versions, but DH and I thought it was a better tour than some of the excursions off the ships. It started about 9:15am on the last sea day and we finished lunch about 3:15pm. We were allowed to linger and really look at things. We signed up at guest services as soon as we got on board, about 1:30pm. We were a little slow getting to the ship that day. I had seen the info ahead of time, so I was certain I wanted to sign us up for it. It was advertised in the daily for a couple of days. The did tell me that only 15 people are allowed to take that tour, so if you really want to do it, best bet is to sign up early.

What is interesting is that I have done all of the various "behind the scene" tours in the past at no cost. Now they combine them, throw in lunch, and get $150. Isn't that amazing :rolleyes:.

Same here! I've seen all of those areas at different times and on different ships during my thirty years of cruising....free. Last year on the Summit (Bermuda) there were tours of the Bridge and 'behind the scenes' in the Theatre at no extra charge for Select/Elite Captain's Club members....we found invitations to both in our stateroom when we boarded.

Kathy

I agree with you, we did most of these tours on the Eclipse 18 months ago free if charge !

I was thinking the exact same thing! Except for going into the crew area, we have done all the things listed for free!

Marianne

Thanks to everyone for their feedback, I think we are going to do it. The cost isnt an issue for us as this is something you wouldnt get to do everyday!

For those who have done it, does anyone recall what day it done like last day on the ship etc?

Thanks!

On Eclipse Feb 10 - 18, the tour was on the last sea day. I understood from our cabin attendant early in the week that it was likely to be on the second to last sea day, and when we didn't receive the invitation the evening before that (after St. Kitts) we went to guest services. When I said why we were there, she agreed that usually it was the coming day and went to check. She came back and told us that it had been moved back a day to the last sea day and that we would receive the invitation the next evening.

I guess it can depend on a couple of things, but I would expect a sea day very late in the cruise.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback, I think we are going to do it. The cost isnt an issue for us as this is something you wouldnt get to do everyday!

For those who have done it, does anyone recall what day it done like last day on the ship etc?

Thanks!

On the Infinity last october and it was on the second last sea day.

cheers Mic:D

A bridge tour and a run through the galley and back stage at the theater are nothing like this.

Possibly not, but having done the basic bridge tour, galley tour, engine control room tour and backstage tour, at no charge, is the difference really worth $150. That is something that anyone considering signing up for it needs to decide for themself. Frankly, I wonder how much more they can offer that would make it worth the price to me.

Possibly not, but having done the basic bridge tour, galley tour, engine control room tour and backstage tour, at no charge, is the difference really worth $150. That is something that anyone considering signing up for it needs to decide for themself. Frankly, I wonder how much more they can offer that would make it worth the price to me.

Probably not much for you. But for those of us who haven't seen those areas, it might very well be worth it. I'm mechanically inclined, so for me seeing these areas would be fascinating. I've toured auto assembly plants, airline assembly plants, rocket launch facilities, bottling plants, linear accelerators, mines, massive dams, underground subway systems, etc. And I've been on bridge tours of several ships already. For people like me this stuff is always worth the price.

Where do I sign up!!!

Archived