Where do you get off on Water Taxi in FLL?

jilllofalltrades

We too liked the 15th Street Fisheries stop. We were planning to make the full route without getting off but ended up deciding to get off at this stop. We bought some food in the little store to feed the fish. When we were there the tarpon were not in - I think the fish that were there were jack fish. Smaller, but super fun to feed. Look out for the birds though - One of us were holding a piece of fishfood waiting to drop it down for the fish and a bird swooped out of nowhere and grabbed the food.

Is that a water taxi stop?

The water taxi makes several stops along the way. Each stop is numbered, and the crew will tell you some reccomendations for each stop as you get close to that stop. You can get off and when you are done, go back to where you got off and wait for another taxi to come. It's lots of fun, and they'll give a little guided tour as you go along.

I just love the narration about all of the nice mansions on the intercoastal. Bob

Yes, you know the BIG ONE on the corner? The guy who had the patent

for the clutch on GM's cars......those rolayties lasted forever;)

Yes, you know the BIG ONE on the corner? The guy who had the patent

for the clutch on GM's cars......those rolayties lasted forever;)

My recollection is that the patents expire after 17 years. However, there may be special circumstances, of which I am not aware, but I doubt it.

The special circumstances may have been arrangements made by his attorneys for the payment of royalties long after the expiration of the patent. I recall some conversations with the late Jack Duval, an entertainmnet attorney, and brother of the actor who advised that arranging extended royalties in the entertainment business was quite common; hence, I would assume that this fellow's lawyers did likewise.

Jack was a great guy; and, a class act.

I checked out the water taxi web site and only found quotes for prices for all day passes and special passes for after 5 pm... how much do they charge for a one way trip? will likely end up with the all day pass, but just want to know if it would be worth the extra $$...DH could ride on a boat like that all day...:o

I checked out the water taxi web site and only found quotes for prices for all day passes and special passes for after 5 pm... how much do they charge for a one way trip? will likely end up with the all day pass, but just want to know if it would be worth the extra $$...DH could ride on a boat like that all day...:o

Hi,:) just remember, the all day pass does not mean you have to

ride it all day;)....you can ride it for an hour...(example) and then

get off and go do something else and then ride it later that evening.

It does not necessarily mean you have to stay on it for the whole

day:D

We boarded around 4 the last time we were in Ft L and they let us on for the nightime fee. Nice.:)

The $20 for the whole day is a decent cost if you have the day to explore different areas, hopping on and off for refreshments, shopping, beach walks etc. It's a whole different look by night time too.

Check schedules for evening stops especially as some routes end earlier than others.

Archived