Teen programs

jdro

Hi, this is our first cruise and my daughter is 13 and is willing to participate in the teen program, any experience with one would really help her to know what to expect.

Thanks

Jennifer

An was 14 when he was on Liberty with us. Took awhile to get him to go, but once he went he LOVED it! Mainly just hanging out with kids his age, video games, etc - whatever teen boys do. During the day he was with us most of the time for the shore excursions and the such. Was in touch with kids from around the world for quite awhile!! She should have a great time.

An was 14 when he was on Liberty with us. Took awhile to get him to go, but once he went he LOVED it! Mainly just hanging out with kids his age, video games, etc - whatever teen boys do. During the day he was with us most of the time for the shore excursions and the such. Was in touch with kids from around the world for quite awhile!! She should have a great time.

Thank you, my son is 18 so they will hang out but she is VERY social and would love the clubs!

Make sure you get her involved right away on the first night. They will have a introduction to the teen club and it is a great time to meet everyone. After that, the kids just seem to know what to do!!!

Make sure you get her involved right away on the first night. They will have a introduction to the teen club and it is a great time to meet everyone. After that, the kids just seem to know what to do!!!

You are so right, it is just the initial meeting. Thanks!

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww191/KugaBabe/Adventure%20of%20the%20Seas%20Oct%202010/

Hi All,

I have posted a Teen Compass that lists all the activities available. This was for a 6 nt Adventure of the Seas cruise in 2010 around the Med, but the activities are very similiar for all the RCI Ships and the 12-14 & 15-17 Teen Groups.

Would agree that its really important for Teens to go to the 411 after dinner on Day 1, as this is the Get-to-know-Everybody session when friendships are made !!! You probably won't see yr Teens much after this as they do have an amazing amount of fun !!!

Hope this helps !!!

Forgot to mention...

If anyone has any questions about the Teen Club or activities on RCI Ships - just ask away...!

Our Teen Boy (now 15) is so looking forward to his 5th RCI cruise and has spent all of his time on the ships in the Teen area - we have to make an appt to see him !!!

This is very important. If she goes the first night, it gives her a chance to meet everyone and start to form bonds. If she waits until the second day some of these bonds will already have been formed and she will have to try to "fit in".

http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww191/KugaBabe/Adventure%20of%20the%20Seas%20Oct%202010/

Hi All,

I have posted a Teen Compass that lists all the activities available. This was for a 6 nt Adventure of the Seas cruise in 2010 around the Med, but the activities are very similiar for all the RCI Ships and the 12-14 & 15-17 Teen Groups.

Would agree that its really important for Teens to go to the 411 after dinner on Day 1, as this is the Get-to-know-Everybody session when friendships are made !!! You probably won't see yr Teens much after this as they do have an amazing amount of fun !!!

Hope this helps !!!

Thank you so much I don't think I will see her all week;)

Thank you so much I don't think I will see her all week;)

You are most welcome !

I'm guessing that you probably won't see her much at all !!! Our Son was 12 on our first cruise on Freedom OTS, and he came to dinner with us on the first evening and we didn't see him again all week for any meals - preferred to eat with his new friends !!!!!

We did make him come with us at all the Ports of call, but he was always very keen to get back onboard !!!

She will have a wonderful time and make loads of new friends !!!

Our 2 boys had an absolute ball of a time on Liberty last year !!!...the 12yr od hung out with the older teenagers...his brother was 15 . they loved the Living room where Mums and Dads could not go !!. highlight for 15yr old was midnight Guitar Hero battles and not having his Mum telling to get to bed and don't eat Pizza at 11pm...lol

My D has just aged out of the teen club, but has had a great time with kids met there over the last 6 summers. Still keeps in touch with many of them!

As stated before, make sure she is there the first night after dinner. That is really the bonding night for the kids!

Hi All,

Hope this helps !!!

Thank you for posting the Teen Compass, my daughter will be 17 on our next cruise & will really enjoy this. It looks pretty similar to Disney's teen program & she loved that.

Now what do I do with my 18 year old?!

I don't think you will need to be concerned about him either jdro !

I understand that there are also activities arranged for this age group too, obviously these depend on how many there are on the ship. I am sure that there will be lots of other late-Teens onboard for him to hang with !!!

Have you looked at the Roll Call for your cruise? You will probably find that there are other Teens on there (or at least members of their family!) Your teens could always start a Fb page for your sailing for all the Teens to start chatting and getting to know each other pre-cruise, that's what my Son has done for ours !!! Although we are not allowed to 'advertise' the Fb page on CC so you will have to list it under your email address !!!

Good Luck !

I don't think you will need to be concerned about him either jdro !

I understand that there are also activities arranged for this age group too, obviously these depend on how many there are on the ship. I am sure that there will be lots of other late-Teens onboard for him to hang with !!!

Have you looked at the Roll Call for your cruise? You will probably find that there are other Teens on there (or at least members of their family!) Your teens could always start a Fb page for your sailing for all the Teens to start chatting and getting to know each other pre-cruise, that's what my Son has done for ours !!! Although we are not allowed to 'advertise' the Fb page on CC so you will have to list it under your email address !!!

Good Luck !

I know he will be fine, he just has that type of personality to fit in wherever he is....We sail in just over 2 weeks so I wonder if that is to close to start a FB page?

Thanks again for all the information, I know we will all have a great time

Jennifer

I know he will be fine, he just has that type of personality to fit in wherever he is....We sail in just over 2 weeks so I wonder if that is to close to start a FB page?

Thanks again for all the information, I know we will all have a great time

Jennifer

Not at all Jennifer, that's probably a better time to start the page as our cruise is still 120 days away (not that we are counting !!!) and although there are some Teens on there, its a bit early and quiet at the mo - it will get busier nearer our sail date. But when we come back, the page will just EXPLODE with chat on a daily basis ! Well, that's what has happened on our previous cruises !!!

So put a thread on your Roll Call, and Have a wonderful cruise !!!

Di

Archived