Best Thermal Spas?

melody-s

I am thinking about my next cruise and would like a small to mid-size ship with a great thermal/aqua spa. I was on the NCL Epic most recently and while I found the ship wasn't for me I loved the thermal spa. The heated tile loungers, sauna, spa and comfy lounge chairs really made the trip special. I would like to find something similar, but on a smaller ship on a more traditional cruise line. Any suggestions?

I loved the spa on Norwegian Pearl. I am considering going on her to Alaska just to sit in her spa and be warm for a week.

I hear Gem has one as well.

The OP mentioned "smaller ship on a more traditional cruise line". Don't think NCL is traditional...

melody, have you considered Celebrity? Their M class ships have a thalassotherapy pool and the line is known for its cuisine, service, and spa. The M class (Constellation, Millennium, Infinity, and Summit) are very similar in size to Royal Caribbean's Serenade that you have experienced. However these ships hold about 500 less passengers. The only smaller ship that Celebrity operates is the Century. Celebrity is considered a notch above RCI, and not as traditional as HAL, but I feel it is a very good value. Celebrity's newer Solstice class also offers the Aqua Spa, be sure to check out their AquaClass® staterooms. (The ships will be larger than the M class or the Serenade, but not mega sized). From Celebrity's website:

These veranda staterooms offer spa elements infused into the stateroom experience and priority seating in the exclusive and chic specialty restaurant, Blu. These spa-inspired staterooms, offer unlimited access to the AquaSpa® Relaxation Room (on Solstice Class only) and Persian Garden as well as a host of other soothing extras. If you love the spa, there's no finer way to travel. Unfortunately, thalassotherapy pools have not been added to the Solstice class of ships, they feature a Solarium.

The OP mentioned "smaller ship on a more traditional cruise line". Don't think NCL is traditional...

Not to disagree, as the OP was already on the Epic, and wants a line that is "more traditional," but I am not sure what is being defined here as "traditional." With the exception of the freestyle dining, NCL is very traditional, IMO-- insofar that it has very similar layouts, programs, itineraries, demographics, etc., as Carnival, RCI, Celebrity, HAL... It might be useful for the OP to denote what she is wishing to avoid in choosing her next cruise line.

I have enjoyed the Celebrity Summit's Thalassotherapy pool and spa-- on the M class ship, and I would second the vote for that. It was nice, and adults only, so it was also generally quiet. There are smaler ships on the NCL line that do have nice spas as well, although I think you will not find them to be quite as luxurious as what you experienced on the Epic.

I can totally appreciate your love of the spas, though, and wish you a happy next cruise.

Archived