Yet Another ES Question

LOL sorry, I searched a bit and got lost.

I booked ES and a there were a couple price drops in the last week and I submitted them. So far no word. No biggie, e-mail said it takes 7-10 days. Not the point so not sure why I went there.

Anyhow. ES rates no longer shows in the booking engine but I am past guess. Am I allowed to grab a past guess rate and submit it?

Also does that open me up ot being upgraded against my will? I have read athat has happened to a few folks before. That would certainly bea no go for me as I have my family booked in 3 cabins and one of them are not past guests (my parents) and I don't want to risk being moved away from them.

Should I go ahead and submit it? (if I am eligible) or not take the chance. I am booked in an OV 6c room on the Imagination. Its not like there are many more upgrades in my range.

You can submit for any rate that you qualify for. In this case, past guest. I don't think you'd be upgraded.

Either way, when I'm not sure I submit. Just in case..

Thanks., I just submitted. I used a different form that gave me an option of OBC or upgrade. I checked the obc selection.

Yes, you did it right, checking the OBC instead of upgrade. We have been able to match to past guest rate as well. We were in a 4G, and the past guest rate that was lower than ours included upgrades all the way up to a 4H. We didn't have to take the 4H. We got to stay in our 4G, because there were still 4Gs available. The main thing you need to check on is if there are other 6Cs available. If not, then you would technically have to upgrade to get the lower rate, according to Carnival's policy.

I know that some people on these boards have reported not having to upgrade to get the lower price when their category is sold out, but that is not Carnival's policy. Those people may come on here and tear me apart for what I said in the last paragraph, but they were just lucky in getting Carnival to go against their own policy. Plus, on my upcoming Triumph cruise, friends of mine were in that very position. PTs sold out, lower price available on 4As, and they were told that they can only get the lower price if they move up to the 4A. They didn't, and fortunately for them, a PT popped back up as available within an hour.

The people who are losing their cabins and getting upgraded against their will are trying to price match to a gty.

If you are matching to your exact category, then you will not have a issue with losing your cabin. .. it comes in if your category is sold out but one higher is not sold out so people price match to the next up category and wind up upgrading against their will. .. sometimes they get to keep their cabin.

Have put in 3 price reductions so far.Booked ES , then Past Guest went down, now Senior ( over 55) went down twice.

Just checked OBC instead of upgrade. There are still cabins showing on the Lido Deck, so someone else may be getting upgraded soon.

I'm new at this ES booking too. If I understood right, you have 2 options when your price goes down, OBC or upgrade, and this applies even when you haven't made the final payment? I was told on this board that I would get a price reduction but my TA read me the rules and it doesn't talk about price reduction just OBCs, which honestly is fine with me but I have to say I'm still trying to figure all of this out!

I'm new at this ES booking too. If I understood right, you have 2 options when your price goes down, OBC or upgrade, and this applies even when you haven't made the final payment? I was told on this board that I would get a price reduction but my TA read me the rules and it doesn't talk about price reduction just OBCs, which honestly is fine with me but I have to say I'm still trying to figure all of this out!

The Terms & Conditions for Early Saver indicate that the price adjustment will be OBC - however in practice they generally credit your outstanding balance if you get an ES price adjustment prior to your Final Payment Deadline, and they give you OBC for price adjustments after your Final Payment Deadline. ken

The people who are losing their cabins and getting upgraded against their will are trying to price match to a gty.

If you are matching to your exact category, then you will not have a issue with losing your cabin. .. it comes in if your category is sold out but one higher is not sold out so people price match to the next up category and wind up upgrading against their will. .. sometimes they get to keep their cabin.

Cool thanks. As long as I only match my category I should be safe right?

Archived