More motion in back or front of ship?

DTC

FRONT without a doubt. I have had to walk out of shows in theaters that are at the bow of the ship because the movement was soooooo extreme I got ill.

then maybe if you sat all the way aft, you would have had to move too. I had to move from the aft elevators once, not even all the way back, to the middle elevators when the motion .. just hit me bad. Luckily had a mid ship cabin that time .

If the front is going up and down .. so is the aft. Even though there could be a tiny bit of difference due to steering and all that .. basically its like a teeter toter.

Interesting how different people feel it more at different ends of the ship. I felt the movement far more when I was at the back of the ship. And yes, it does vibrate in the back if you like that sort of thing LOL!

then maybe if you sat all the way aft, you would have had to move too. I had to move from the aft elevators once, not even all the way back, to the middle elevators when the motion .. just hit me bad. Luckily had a mid ship cabin that time .

If the front is going up and down .. so is the aft. Even though there could be a tiny bit of difference due to steering and all that .. basically its like a teeter toter.

I Disagree 100%. After 7 cruises, I can assure you that the movement I feel all the way forward is FAR more SEVERE than all the way aft or even mid ship. It's like night and day.. The front of the ship is forging the path and dipping deep into the swells and you can physically see it when sitting in the theater (just look at the stage curtains swinging like crazy) or a lounge at the bow but walk to the back of the ship and it's almost unnoticeable. Now I know to book aft and take meclizine before attempting to watch a show.

Center of the ship and low decks are the best for those who are as ultra sensitive to the movement as I am. The only good thing about the motion of the ocean is that it extends my cruise for 10 to 14 days after docking cuz I continue to rock and sway for weeks, LOL!

Sailing in late June, early July

Our summer Med cruise was quite calm all 12 nights. Our November Med cruise had some rough seas (28 ft waves) from Greece to Italy.

I also don't notice an appreciable difference on the higher level decks, but agree that I feel the front a bit more than the aft. The middle is the most stable.

FRONT is much worse. I like the front with a balcony because I can walk out and see the water splashing up after the bow hits a wave but without the balcony I don't like it as when the bow hits a wave the whole boat then shutters.... You don't feel it mid ship but at the very front you feel and hear the "Boom" and then the shuutttteeerrrr... Granted this is in higher seas with cross winds but it happens....

I try to get mid ship - nothing to do w/ the motion but I hear the rudders aft and the anchor drop in the front. I'm a VERY light sleeper and I only book mid ship for this reason - as far as movement goes, I've never felt movement on a larger ship but the smaller ones rock a little more wherever you are

Archived