RCL website problems, again

parddr

According to the rccl live chat rep I just "talked" with online, the problem only seems to be associated with bookings that were actually made on the website. Lucky us.

I made neither of mine through the website and one shows, the other doesn't. :rolleyes:

As an IT guy in software development, you think this sucks for you, try being the guy who is working to bring everything back online properly while so many people just keep banging on the server trying to login and retrieve data. It's not a fun experience.

Probably the only thing I could think of about them "getting their act together" would be to verify everything is connected like it should be when they're finishing up the update process during the lull at night. But honestly, this is something seen in most, if not all IT departments. Computers, especially networked ones, are finicky. As long as the data is still there (as others have found out by calling), just give them some time to get the front end reconnected to the data.

As a fellow IT guy(for an insurance company), I understand all too well what you're saying. Our servers go down periodically, and only people within our department can really understand it. Agents and underwriters are screaming and wondering why it isn't working 100% of the time. That's just not the way it works, as unfortunate as it may be.

However, RCI really has no excuse for their website. Things like this happen constantly, and even when operating "normally", the site is junk.

Archived