RCL website problems, again

parddr

My reservations are gone. Just went in to look at our reservations (3) 2 of them are gone and only 1 is still showing. OMG. Are any of you having the same problem. Wanted to reserve excursions. This trip is just not going very well. Is it an omen???????:eek:

Our cruise is missing too. I just sat on hold for a while until I saw your message so I know it's not just me. Hopefully it will come back soon. I'll check again later.

We are on Serenade on 3/31/12. Have fun

Their website does seem whacked. Our booked cruise is still there, however reading some posts here about price drops, I took a look at options that still exist for our Oasis cruise in May. Earlier today I looked at an ocean view balcony, which it appeared to me, we could get for less than $100 more than we payed for an ocean view cabin. I went back to double check was going to call RCI to see if I could switch to a balcony for about that cost, but now, the booking screens error out so I can't double check. Oh well, at least we're booked to go!!

I think their onboard booking process is messed up. I recently tried booking, and then cancelling some specialty dining reservations. They cancelled a $50 one and refunded me $75. Resolutions could not tell me why. She actually said, 'well sometimes, there's a glitch'.

Really??? :eek:

I finally just cancelled all my onboard reservations so I will be squared away before sailing. I don't want to get onboard and they tell me my reservation is missing, or not paid, etc. If I don't get to book onboard, oh well.

We booked at last minute Monarch of the Seas cruise on Tuesday that leaves tomorrow. I went to print out our luggage tags and our cruise had also disappeared. Luckily we printed out our Set Sail Pass yesterday. We called Royal Caribbean and they said that there was a software update last night and the confirmed they still had our reservation. Nothing like a little panic the day before heading to the ship.

Two of mine missing as well. Talked to Crown & Anchor (had a moment of panic and didn't think to check here first :o) and they said they had been getting calls about this all morning. She checked with her supervisor and it is a known problem that IT is working to fix.

The agent I talked to said it seemed to be any reservation that was made on the website was missing, but she didn't know that for sure. She was able to see all my reservations and read them back to me so that I was reassured!

Mine was gone too, I called them and she told me to go through before you board and log in with last name and reservation #. It was all still there! Had a mini heart attack for a bit!

This worked for us!

I am not able to do an upgrade because the system is down, called 800# and they see different pricing. :mad:

Will give it a few hours and try again.

Yep, "heard" the same thing from an RCI "agent" on a live chat session...sounds bogus to me.....

My friend, who we are cruising with in August, went on to make his final payment and it was gone. Mine is as well. The rep told him on the phone to give it an hour or so. This was over an hour ago and still nothing.

Not good for business because (1) he's trying to make a payment, give them money and (2) he's new to cruising and the RCI website issue and got nervous.

They really need to get their site together...but that has been discussed ad nauseum on here. It's really unprofessional and unacceptable in this day and age.

As an IT guy in software development, you think this sucks for you, try being the guy who is working to bring everything back online properly while so many people just keep banging on the server trying to login and retrieve data. It's not a fun experience.

Probably the only thing I could think of about them "getting their act together" would be to verify everything is connected like it should be when they're finishing up the update process during the lull at night. But honestly, this is something seen in most, if not all IT departments. Computers, especially networked ones, are finicky. As long as the data is still there (as others have found out by calling), just give them some time to get the front end reconnected to the data.

I can't get the choose a cruise area to work at all since yesterday late afternoon. Click on date, ship, destination, none will open for me. Had to go to a well-known TA site to check my prices. This is beyond ridiculous!!

Thank goodness for CC or I would think I was completely losing my mind. Leaving in 17 days and reservation gone! If I was leaving this weekend, I would be freaking out.

Plus...some RCCL genius changed my name so it is spelled wrong in their system. It was fixed, and this morning it's wrong again. Now it's fixed again but I betcha when the site is fixed it's reverted to being wrong.

:mad:

Their website is such bulls&^t, I keep asking myself why I picked this aggravation for my vacation. Remind me how excited I am to go on this ship again....

My reservation is showing...but I've been trying all morning to check pricing for a cruise next year...I can get as far as choosing a category, then it tells me it can't access the reservation...I can check prices on a TA site...but I want to check for a certain cabin...grrrrr!!

Archived