Oasis in September or Celebrity reflection in January

My wife and I have taken a cruise in January the past two years and have really been hooked on making this our mid-winter escape. We have really wanted to try the Oasis/Allure but have been unable to afford the pricey ticket to get on board.

We found a decent rate for Oasis in September that we think we can swing. Also, friends of ours have booked this same sailing. I am afraid that if we book this, we will not be able to afford our usual January trip, but it just might be worth it if the Oasis is all it's cracked up to be.

We sailed the Liberty this past January and loved it! It was a total blast and the ship had so many things that we never even had a chance to do. Will the Oasis be that much better?

We were strongly considering the new Celbrity reflection for 7 nights eastern caribbean in January. overall it will cost us about $400 more to sail the Oasis in September in a similar cabin catagory.

I'm debating over and over again whether or not it's worth spending the extra $400. but if we went on the Oasis on January it'd be an extra $650. If we will likely enjoy the Oasis that much more than I think we can swing it. Plus we will have good company for the Oasis sailing.

Has anyone sailed the Oasis/Allure and also a solstice class on celebrity. what are your thoughts? I know it's kind of apples and oranges comparing the ships. My wife and I enjoy activities and nightlife (we are both just under 30) but we are not wild and crazy partiers either.

which would you choose? Oasis or celebrity reflection?

Has anyone sailed the Oasis/Allure and also a solstice class on celebrity. what are your thoughts? I know it's kind of apples and oranges comparing the ships. My wife and I enjoy activities and nightlife (we are both just under 30) but we are not wild and crazy partiers either.

which would you choose? Oasis or celebrity reflection?

Wow. You are asking about my 2 favorite ship classes. I LOVE Oasis Class and Solstice Class. For me, this is a very tough choice.

No, nothing compares to Oasis. Nothing. The ship is awe inspiring and the activites are endless. If you like activities and great shows, this is your ship.

Solstice Class are the most beautiful ships at sea. They are more classy, have better food, and are much, much better for relaxing.

For 2 of you, I recommend Reflection. If traveling as a family or group, I recommend Oasis.

Wow. You are asking about my 2 favorite ship classes. I LOVE Oasis Class and Solstice Class. For me, this is a very tough choice.

No, nothing compares to Oasis. Nothing. The ship is awe inspiring and the activites are endless. If you like activities and great shows, this is your ship.

Solstice Class are the most beautiful ships at sea. They are more classy, have better food, and are much, much better for relaxing.

For 2 of you, I recommend Reflection. If traveling as a family or group, I recommend Oasis.

Agree,,,,Solstice class is (in my humble opinion) more for couples...We will be going on the Oasis in Jan. with the family and friends...Will be our first time on the "big"ship" and looking forward to it...We love RCCL,,also the perks that go along with being Diamond..:D

I would definitely go for Oasis in Sept. Your friends being on the same sailing is a bonus and you'll enjoy the many activities and nighttime offerings. For only a $400 difference I think it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am still going to have to think about this one. Both ships look amazing and are attractive to us but for completely different reasons. I am going to have to really talk with the wife and figure out what is most important to us.

It's a hard decision to make, but I am happy to make a cruise ship decision any day! LOL If anyone has some further insight, please do not hesitate to share.

Archived